Tasker profile help please

Search This thread

Nbsss

Aug 11, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi, running stock rooted + franco + xposed + gravity box.
So i'm getting back into tasker and these are the profiles i want to create:

-Switch to 3g when internet apps are launched, then back to 2g for signal strength
-Unlock keyguard at home wifi
-turn on data every 30min for sync
-airplane mode at night
-nfc tag on nexus7 for hotspot
-send GPS info once SMS received
-ring phone when SMS received

I've done a lot of searching but can't seem to get airplane mode to toggle with secure settings (something to do with 4.4).

Could someone point me in the right direction? Cheers :)

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012

-Switch to 3g when internet apps are launched, then back to 2g for signal strength
-airplane mode at night

I've done a lot of searching but can't seem to get airplane mode to toggle with secure settings (something to do with 4.4).

You will need Secure Settings from play store for keyguard and airplane mode. It's a Tasker plugin.

Don't do the data toggling. Not a good plan. You can toggle sync with Tasker (auto sync). But cycling data is no good. If you have battery problem, this won't fix it. I have Tasker turn off sync if I drop to EDGE. That's because the syncing times out and keeps the device awake forever. If TMo had usable 2g, it would be a different story.

For signal try Intelli3g. Not sure if that is what you want.

Send GPS coordinates via SMS:
Code:
Profile: Location (3)
	Event: Received Text [ Type:Any Sender:C:ANY Content:Where are you? ]
Enter: Location (12)

Task: Location (12)
	Run Both Together, Stay Awake
	A1: Get Location [ Source:GPS Timeout (Seconds):30 Continue Task Immediately:eek:n Keep Tracking:eek:ff Continue Task After Error:eek:n ] 
	A2: Variable Set [ Name:%locft To:round(%LOCACC * 3.28084)  Do Maths:eek:n Append:eek:ff ] 
	A3: Variable Set [ Name:%locft To:ft Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:n ] 
	A4: Send SMS [ Number:%SMSRF Message:Battery: %BATT%. Location (%locft): http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%LOC Store In Messaging App:eek:ff Continue Task After Error:eek:n ]
Default location unit is meters, I converted to feet. Not necessary, it was just a reason to play with Tasker some more.

Send different notification when a certain person texts (at a certain day and time)
Code:
Profile: Urgent SMS (25)
	Event: Received Text [ Type:Any Sender:person1/person2/person3/person4/person5 Content:* ]
	Day: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu or Fri
	Time: From 06:50 Till 16:10
	State: Not Headset Plugged [ Type:Any ]
Enter: Urgent SMS (27)

Task: Urgent SMS (27)
	A1: Silent Mode [ Mode:eek:ff ] 
	A2: Notification Volume [ Level:7 Display:eek:ff Sound:eek:ff ] 
	A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:2 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ] 
	A4: Play Ringtone [ Type:Notification Sound:24 Notification Stream:5 ]

That should get you started. Have fun with Tasker, it's my favorite app :) If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, but include as much information as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nbsss

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I think you'll have better luck here.
EDIT: Never mind. I see Aerowinder is a Tasker guru.

With respect to the airplane mode problem, Secure Settings Helper is now incompatible with 4.4, and has been replaced by System+ Module. You can update it in settings.

Last edited:

Nbsss

Aug 11, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
That should get you started. Have fun with Tasker, it's my favorite app :) If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, but include as much information as possible.

Thanks Aero!

I've happened to find this xposed module: http://repo.xposed.info/module/lv.id.dm.airplanemhx and its working perfectly, so that's that done :)

Thanks for the GPS task, i had it set up a year and a half ago, but lost my backup whilst switching phones and flashing etc and couldn't remember how i did it :eek:

I read Gravity Box recently added a few tasker shortcuts, seems really powerful, i'll see what i can use it for..maybe when i get my Pressy button i'll use tasker + GB to toggle immersive mode...the possibilities!

Will share my profiles here when i get them done, in-case someone finds some use, thanks mate :good:

Edit:
is the battery usage whilst data on and sync off comparable to data off (on 2g)?

Edit2:
Got the following working:
keyguard disabled when wifi connected
airplane overnight
toggle display rotation lock by shaking device
Using 'smart radio' feature of GBox, and turn on sync every half hour when not on wifi.
SMS ring when misplaced phone
SMS Gps when lost /stolen

Now just need to find my nfc tags lol

Last edited:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Thanks Aero!

I've happened to find this xposed module: http://repo.xposed.info/module/lv.id.dm.airplanemhx and its working perfectly, so that's that done :)

Thanks for the GPS task, i had it set up a year and a half ago, but lost my backup whilst switching phones and flashing etc and couldn't remember how i did it :eek:

I read Gravity Box recently added a few tasker shortcuts, seems really powerful, i'll see what i can use it for..maybe when i get my Pressy button i'll use tasker + GB to toggle immersive mode...the possibilities!

Will share my profiles here when i get them done, in-case someone finds some use, thanks mate :good:

Edit:
is the battery usage whilst data on and sync off comparable to data off (on 2g)?

Edit2:
airplane overnight
Using 'smart radio' feature of GBox, and turn on sync every half hour when not on wifi.

The SMS GPS coordinates to my contacts (C:ANY) is mostly for work and family. It really has no purpose for lost/stolen applications. For that application, something like Cerberus seems the better option because it can silently track the phone. Also lock, remote wipe, etc. Yes, you could do it with Tasker. But you would have to test it! :)

You mentioned battery usage with syncing. I will say that the only reason I disable sync when I'm on 2G is because TMo's 2G is unusable. I can sometimes get 5-10kb/s, but most of the time (>90%), there is no data transfer. Just timeouts as far as the eye can see. This causes issues when Google apps trying to sync, because the programmers didn't have the foresight to add timeouts to their sync attempts. Brilliant. I'm an amateur programmer, and that seems like a no-brainer to me. If a condition is likely to happen, you account for it.

I am generally against conditional syncing (what you are after). Syncing with online services (gmail, hangouts, etc). is a fundamental feature of our devices. Disabling it, except under very specific criteria, is pointless. Why even have a smartphone? If you have control over your applications, there is no noticeable battery impact. Some of the bad applications, like Facebook, need to be controlled. Sometimes the app settings are enough, other times, you need Greenify.

All of that said, I do disable sync for things that I don't want syncing. Like Google Photos and People details. I don't want them to sync, ever, for any reason. For a time I also had Keep sync disabled because it was constantly keeping my device awake. That seems to be fixed now, but I still keep an eye on it because I don't trust Google to get it right.

Last edited:

Nbsss

Aug 11, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The SMS GPS coordinates to my contacts (C:ANY) is mostly for work and family. It really has no purpose for lost/stolen applications. For that application, something like Cerberus seems the better option because it can silently track the phone. Also lock, remote wipe, etc. Yes, you could do it with Tasker. But you would have to test it! :)

You mentioned battery usage with syncing. I will say that the only reason I disable sync when I'm on 2G is because TMo's 2G is unusable. I can sometimes get 5-10kb/s, but most of the time (>90%), there is no data transfer. Just timeouts as far as the eye can see. This causes issues when Google apps trying to sync, because the programmers didn't have the foresight to add timeouts to their sync attempts. Brilliant. I'm an amateur programmer, and that seems like a no-brainer to me. If a condition is likely to happen, you account for it.

I am generally against conditional syncing (what you are after). Syncing with online services (gmail, hangouts, etc). is a fundamental feature of our devices. Disabling it, except under very specific criteria, is pointless. Why even have a smartphone? If you have control over your applications, there is no noticeable battery impact. Some of the bad applications, like Facebook, need to be controlled. Sometimes the app settings are enough, other times, you need Greenify.

All of that said, I do disable sync for things that I don't want syncing. Like Google Photos and People details. I don't want them to sync, ever, for any reason. For a time I also had Keep sync disabled because it was constantly keeping my device awake. That seems to be fixed now, but I still keep an eye on it because I don't trust Google to get it right.

Good advice.
I already have Cerberus installed in system partition, but I prefer tasker for locating.
A year ago I lost my phone and just my luck Gps and data were off unfortunately, making Cerberus quite useless as it can't switch those on.
My tasker profile was set to turn on both and add an additional lockscreen pin, so worked out in the end.
I think it pays to not put all your eggs in one basket ;)

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Good advice.
I already have Cerberus installed in system partition, but I prefer tasker for locating.
A year ago I lost my phone and just my luck Gps and data were off unfortunately, making Cerberus quite useless as it can't switch those on.
My tasker profile was set to turn on both and add an additional lockscreen pin, so worked out in the end.

You need Secure Settings to enable GPS in KitKat. The Tasker toggle doesn't work. Just a tip, not sure if you were aware.

Nbsss

Aug 11, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You need Secure Settings to enable GPS in KitKat. The Tasker toggle doesn't work. Just a tip, not sure if you were aware.

Yep, Airplane mode also, but you need system+ module. Also removed the xposed module I mentioned earlier, as secure settings is working now.
Gonna test my profiles for a bit longer then post them here soon. Thanks mate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think you'll have better luck here.
    EDIT: Never mind. I see Aerowinder is a Tasker guru.

With respect to the airplane mode problem, Secure Settings Helper is now incompatible with 4.4, and has been replaced by System+ Module. You can update it in settings.

-airplane mode at night

You will need Secure Settings from play store for keyguard and airplane mode. It's a Tasker plugin.

Don't do the data toggling. Not a good plan. You can toggle sync with Tasker (auto sync). But cycling data is no good. If you have battery problem, this won't fix it. I have Tasker turn off sync if I drop to EDGE. That's because the syncing times out and keeps the device awake forever. If TMo had usable 2g, it would be a different story.

For signal try Intelli3g. Not sure if that is what you want.

Send GPS coordinates via SMS:
    Code:
    Profile: Location (3)
    	Event: Received Text [ Type:Any Sender:C:ANY Content:Where are you? ]
    Enter: Location (12)

Task: Location (12)
    	Run Both Together, Stay Awake
    	A1: Get Location [ Source:GPS Timeout (Seconds):30 Continue Task Immediately:eek:n Keep Tracking:eek:ff Continue Task After Error:eek:n ] 
    	A2: Variable Set [ Name:%locft To:round(%LOCACC * 3.28084)  Do Maths:eek:n Append:eek:ff ] 
    	A3: Variable Set [ Name:%locft To:ft Do Maths:eek:ff Append:eek:n ] 
    	A4: Send SMS [ Number:%SMSRF Message:Battery: %BATT%. Location (%locft): http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%LOC Store In Messaging App:eek:ff Continue Task After Error:eek:n ]
    Default location unit is meters, I converted to feet. Not necessary, it was just a reason to play with Tasker some more.

Send different notification when a certain person texts (at a certain day and time)
    Code:
    Profile: Urgent SMS (25)
    	Event: Received Text [ Type:Any Sender:person1/person2/person3/person4/person5 Content:* ]
    	Day: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu or Fri
    	Time: From 06:50 Till 16:10
    	State: Not Headset Plugged [ Type:Any ]
    Enter: Urgent SMS (27)

Task: Urgent SMS (27)
    	A1: Silent Mode [ Mode:eek:ff ] 
    	A2: Notification Volume [ Level:7 Display:eek:ff Sound:eek:ff ] 
    	A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:2 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ] 
    	A4: Play Ringtone [ Type:Notification Sound:24 Notification Stream:5 ]

Thanks Aero!

Edit:

Edit2:
    airplane overnight

Good advice.