[Q] S-View and Default SMS app

Search This thread

chiphox

Sep 13, 2010
Royston
With android 4.4 giving the ability to select the default SMS app, could someone with an official s-view cover confirm whether any sms app can give a notification?

On 4.3, the S-View cover would only show an SMS notification if the message was taken through Samsung's messages app.
If kitkat allows you to select your own sms app, could someone confirm if the s-view cover still shows notifications with hangouts handling the sms?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't turn up anything in my searches.

Many thanks in advance.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
With android 4.4 giving the ability to select the default SMS app, could someone with an official s-view cover confirm whether any sms app can give a notification?

On 4.3, the S-View cover would only show an SMS notification if the message was taken through Samsung's messages app.
If kitkat allows you to select your own sms app, could someone confirm if the s-view cover still shows notifications with hangouts handling the sms?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't turn up anything in my searches.

Many thanks in advance.

Only shows Samsung's SMS app, Hangouts just has an icon in the corner, I haven't tested any other Apps. So cannot comment on them.

Reactions: chiphox

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
I was hoping Hangouts would work, but figured as this case is made by Samsung they want you to use their app.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Many thanks in advance.

Only shows Samsung's SMS app, Hangouts just has an icon in the corner, I haven't tested any other Apps. So cannot comment on them.