I think I have found the Streak Unlock ...

Search This thread

Charles:

Feb 18, 2007
I am happy to say that you are wrong,, they are for sure unlocking. Every agent is doing the unlocking ...

When you actually get the unlock code, then you can make comments like this ^^

No one's been able to get a code yet, and your code started with a couple of hours to 4 hours, to 2 days.

a042349

Feb 9, 2006
Not gonna happen is my guess. At least not for some few months or so. Just a guess on my part based on how screwed up this whole release has been so far.

olemartinorg

Jul 11, 2010
I just called and spoke with vanessa (i think?), and she told me that she didn't have any new information on the release of an unlocked version. I do have the locked version, but it's still inside the box (as i can't use it in my country if it is locked, i will have to reurn it if i can't get it unlocked). I told her my imei number and service tag - but she told me the service tag was incorrect..

Can anyone with an already opened box tell me if their service tag number start with a number? Mine starts with JDY.. and is the service tag number on the box the same as on the phone itself?

a042349

Feb 9, 2006
I just called and spoke with vanessa (i think?), and she told me that she didn't have any new information on the release of an unlocked version. I do have the locked version, but it's still inside the box (as i can't use it in my country if it is locked, i will have to reurn it if i can't get it unlocked). I told her my imei number and service tag - but she told me the service tag was incorrect..

Can anyone with an already opened box tell me if their service tag number start with a number? Mine starts with JDY.. and is the service tag number on the box the same as on the phone itself?

My service tag (new locked AT&T US) begins 2XL

(haha but I'm not fat)

Godo_PPL

Aug 14, 2009
@olemartinorg

@olemartinorg:
How did you buy your Streak?
I really want one, but it is not availible in Norway yet. Almost considering taking a trip to Britain just to buy one :)

Godo_PPL

Aug 14, 2009
It looks like a very interesting site. Too bad they don't appear to have the dell...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

olemartinorg

Jul 11, 2010
I'm in rochester, new york right now, so i ordered it directly from dell.. :) it's much cheaper than in england, but it's locked.. :-(

So, back to topic: i'm still waiting for a phone call or an email from dell mobility regarding the unlock code..

Dell sell locked at $549.99 on their site
Unlocked are selling on ebay at $779.68

Dell sell unlocked to the retailer for more than $549 cost price
They're not going to give you an unlock code just becasue you asked

I just bought a 32gb for the same money i bought my 16, i have two options take out the card and sell that seperately, buy a 16gb card and then resell streak, or sell streak outright and make profit that way????!!!!

Last edited:

vatk

Apr 14, 2006
@olemartinorg:
How did you buy your Streak?
I really want one, but it is not availible in Norway yet. Almost considering taking a trip to Britain just to buy one :)

Greece to Germany, as to buy one (almost, until i found a relative living there who sent me one) :)
Damn Streak!

Last edited:

Charles:

Feb 18, 2007
Maybe we should bet on it .. $10 via PayPal ??

We're gonna need to set some ground rules. What kind of time limit are we talking? I mean, I'm sure someone, eventually, will figure it out. However, I'm betting that your contact is going to call back and tell you no.

Also, any one find it amusing that you can get a pretty decent laptop/netbook for cheaper than a cell phone these days?

olemartinorg

Jul 11, 2010
Ok, i just got off the phone again.. i didn't quite catch her name, but the woman told me that the dell streak is locked to at&t and that i can't unlock it. In her own words; i can use the "phone" as a tablet - connect it to wifi and such, but i will have to connect it to at&t if i want to use it as a phone. When i told her that i live in norway - and that there is no chance i could get at&t there, so i would have to return the phone - she told me that she could assist me with returning it.

I really, really hope that she was just ignorant or misinformed..