[ROM] JBSourcery Encore-Toroplus ~6/7~The final call

Search This thread

tommy0823

Oct 6, 2011
joliet
Re: [ROM] JBSourcery4.5-Toroplus (01/30/13) Nothing Compares

1st need to say Love the ROM GUYS. On 4.5 I'm having Bluetooth connection issues. I did clean install I didn't restore any apps. On stock kernel. I've bitter into recovery wiped d/c fixed permissions. This is 1st time I've had problems with this. Its a Bluetooth speaker I'm trying to connect to. It don't even see it when I search for devices. I've went backed and scanned pages looking for some 1 else having this problem. If I've missed it truly sorry. If someone could just hyperlink me to a page. OK don't mind reading ;) THANKS IN ADVANCE.....:) :) :)

ON a side note will we ever see Sourcery on the Nexus 7?

Nexus 7 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Here's what's up w the n7. http://teamsourcery.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=5493#p5493

Zzz73

Jan 20, 2012
Grand Forks

1st need to say Love the ROM GUYS. On 4.5 I'm having Bluetooth connection issues. I did clean install I didn't restore any apps. On stock kernel. I've bitter into recovery wiped d/c fixed permissions. This is 1st time I've had problems with this. Its a Bluetooth speaker I'm trying to connect to. It don't even see it when I search for devices. I've went backed and scanned pages looking for some 1 else having this problem. If I've missed it truly sorry. If someone could just hyperlink me to a page. OK don't mind reading ;) THANKS IN ADVANCE.....:) :) :)

ON a side note will we ever see Sourcery on the Nexus 7?

Nexus 7 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

4.2.2 source dropped today. Eagle is already on it. v there were several changes in the Bluetooth files. I use a couple different devices with Sorcery 4.5 (a car and a couple headphones) and haven't had any issues. but either way, changes to Bluetooth (hopefully improvements) are coming....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: deucedimetexas

blankit

Oct 28, 2010

I'm sorry you're having issues. are you on stock kernel? are you coming from a clean flash? did you use titanium to restore and apps? have you tried different scheduler/governor options in trickster app? more info please....

*Sent from my Sourcerized Nexus*

Everything is stock and yes I used titanium to restore apps...but only apps+data not system data

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

CHINESKATO

Aug 24, 2011
worcester MA

So why not use air kernel?

For some reason Sourcery ROM doesn't like air kernel on my phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Lean kernel was the one that was mentioned. Personally tho, my phone loves lean kernel+sorcery. The one thing that a lot of people need to understand about the custom kernels that we are offered, is that none of them are bad. In fact, none of them are really better than the rest. The only variable that is gonna make a kernel "bad" or " good" for you is the chip set in your personal device. Not all chips are created equally, and that's why some kernels work better for some people, but not so good for others. Your best bet, is to flash them all. Make sure you let them settle in for two or three days before you make a decision on which is right for you.[/QUOTE
Yep , that's why I always say , MY PHONE and not the G nex in general

Crwolv

Mar 28, 2012
Metro Detroit
www.reverbnation.com

Do you know why this ROM lags so much? It's always when I plug it in to charge and when I use the phone for a certain amount of time

Lagged stopped as soon as I installed Franco kernel. For some reason all 4.2 seems to have lost butter. But with franco its Fast as heck now and with all the goodies.yaaaay
Also ....pimp my ROM works wonders. Be carful with aggressive memory settings though. One under aggressive makes ROM fly like no other(on almost every 4.2 ROM) hmmmmmm
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla

Okay further personal update since latest update. All working great as mentioned GPS locked almost instantly, LTE signal excellent, I see and feel no lag, stock kernel, deep sleep right away, sms and mms spot on, haven't run into any issues and everything I have heard people say they had issues with are NON issues on my end. Rocking Sourcery since October, longest my device has ever been on a single Rom.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

adio201

Dec 4, 2009

Lagged stopped as soon as I installed Franco kernel. For some reason all 4.2 seems to have lost butter. But with franco its Fast as heck now and with all the goodies.yaaaay
Also ....pimp my ROM works wonders. Be carful with aggressive memory settings though. One under aggressive makes ROM fly like no other(on almost every 4.2 ROM) hmmmmmm

What setup do you have for pimp my rom

Crwolv

Mar 28, 2012
Metro Detroit
www.reverbnation.com

What setup do you have for pimp my rom

Oh that's a lot to type. Lol try one tweak at a time and reboot and nandroid first(important). Heck finding out what works is most of the fun:) hint. Start with making intd. Support. And on memory settings don't use aggressive, do the one under. Talk me if u have problems. Motownstation. And remember Franco kernel most important. Paid app is worth it,flash kernel in 20 seconds:)

Reactions: Zzz73

Weezil420

Nov 23, 2012
Warsaw

OK guys, maybe someone can help me out with a situation I am having. I've been getting a system ui shutdown quite frequently. It comes right back but it is getting annoying. I figured I would reflash the ROM and gapps so I downloaded both of them and tried flashing them thru twrp. The install keeps failing saying signature verification failed. I thought maybe it was a bad download so I tried reflashing a couple kernels in my memory that I knew to be good, and its saying the same thing with those. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! By the way, awesome work on the ROM team! I love it! I'm at work right note but I will check back in in a couple hours right when I get off. Thanks!

jboyer0000

Jan 16, 2011
Jackson, MI

OK guys, maybe someone can help me out with a situation I am having. I've been getting a system ui shutdown quite frequently. It comes right back but it is getting annoying. I figured I would reflash the ROM and gapps so I downloaded both of them and tried flashing them thru twrp. The install keeps failing saying signature verification failed. I thought maybe it was a bad download so I tried reflashing a couple kernels in my memory that I knew to be good, and its saying the same thing with those. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! By the way, awesome work on the ROM team! I love it! I'm at work right note but I will check back in in a couple hours right when I get off. Thanks!

Try updating recovery..and also make sure md5 matches on both ROM and gapps

Reactions: Weezil420

Zzz73

Jan 20, 2012
Grand Forks

i ran into this myself flashing a kernel on 4.5. i reverted to a nand backup (you backed up, right?) re-downloaded the kernel and it worked fine.

Reactions: Weezil420

adio201

Dec 4, 2009

Oh that's a lot to type. Lol try one tweak at a time and reboot and nandroid first(important). Heck finding out what works is most of the fun:) hint. Start with making intd. Support. And on memory settings don't use aggressive, do the one under. Talk me if u have problems. Motownstation. And remember Franco kernel most important. Paid app is worth it,flash kernel in 20 seconds:)

Well I had use Franco and I don't like it buy I'm using lean kernel but u did some settings with pimp my ROM and didn't really notice performance or maybe I didn't do it right :banghead:

Crwolv

Mar 28, 2012
Metro Detroit
www.reverbnation.com

Well I had use Franco and I don't like it buy I'm using lean kernel but u did some settings with pimp my ROM and didn't really notice performance or maybe I didn't do it right :banghead:

Hmmm even default newest nightly Franco sped me up massive. Keep playing with PMR. Also lean kernel can be updated thru Franco app. Heck u can safely over clock to 1.7 (don't go to 1.8) and that alone should speed ya up.lol almost impossible not too. Just set GHz to only go up to 384 MHz when screen off and battery won't drain so much.

Last edited:

Weezil420

Nov 23, 2012
Warsaw

Try updating recovery..and also make sure md5 matches on both ROM and gapps

Must've been a recovery issue, I flashed CWM from ROM manager, downloaded again, and it flashed with no issue. Thanks for the advice!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HeaderWhite.gif

JBSourcery Encore

Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) Edition

New featuring JDQ39E-4.2.2_r1.2

Credits are given on our site - Credits

RELEASE INFORMATION

FEATURES & CHANGELOG

GITHUB

Report bugs or request features

MAGIC INSTALL

1) Download Rom and Gapps to your Phone’s Storage drive and boot into recovery
    2) Clear davlik cache
    3) Wipe data/cache
    4) Install your Chosen Team Sourcery Rom
    5) Install Gapps
    6) Boot into Rom
    7) Sign in and wait for all market apps to Restore
    8) After market apps have restored Reboot again
    9) ENJOY

Final release of Sourcery
    Will be supported
    and bug fixes will be released

DOWNLOAD

Everyone please read

New sprint radios (GA02) thanks to Zzz73 for making it flashable

http://d-h.st/8nT
    HI all ok going on vacation so will be out for a couple weeks.
    in case people here don't know who i am since jboyer is the host here
    I am the lead dev of Sourcery ROM.

just wanted to mention a few things that i didn't see mentioned they may have been but i didn't see them.

1)if you use a t mobile theme about the only thing that will work is the soft keys and the battery mods.
    It is because the t mobile theme hijacks the normal placement of images and pulls them from the apk itself .

2)We have seen these reports of memory leaks they are seem to relate to browser, I have not seen this on gsm or lte phones but reports are on those also. Due to lack of time and 4.2 we just haven't had time to look into this. a reboot resets it, apologize.

3)the memory bar in recents and in settings are different it is per the original coder the exact same code in both areas. so its what is needed to run the area its in that is causing the different results. which are the correct i do not know.

4)i do not have a sprint phone so signal and stuff is all left to jboyer as i have no way to test this stuff, but seems like those mentiones have been resolved.

5)I see the mentions of lock screens stuff..we will not be fixing that on 4.1.2 at all as all lock screen stuff and maybe complete rom needs to be redone from scratch, so it wont be fixed until a JB4.2 rom is released.

6)the mentions or re-locking and re-unlocking and setting up phone sound bogus and time consuming but i did thai at one time and i can tell you that it does make a difference . why i do not know.

7)want to point out if you install rom and the 4.2 gapps you may have to go manually turn on the syncs for everything we have seen this several times.

8)people asked regarding the tools. everything theme wise or mod wise is all live updated and on line everything is downloaded at time of install and we add to it live so you will always have new stuff. the first area in tools is also live changeable so when we update an area we make that area show up in the first screen on tools.

9) back up for magic control--no its not available we continue to discuss this ..I do not want ti i think it will cause major problems as titanium backup/restore does. I dont say never but its not something i am for.. but i also wasn't for the lock-screen weather or calender so i do change my mind :)

10)ever since jelly bean there are times when you reboot and phone sits there on google for up to like 8 minutes (ive seen) before rebooting.
    This is something with jelly bean. I know 4.2 is using a different type of file system and this may not happen than. But if you see google logo just wait or you can remove battery and boot up to make it faster.

11)we are aware that if you drop below 15% the lock-screen will show zero battery percentage the battery icon is correct. just something we haven't gotten to track down and fix as of yet. functionality always takes the time first.

12) i haven't seen this mentioned so go into tools and app wallpaper and and top right check out the transparency on app backgrounds its cool. :) and you will not find it any where else it is 100% Sourcery original as is the app wallpaper backgrounds

13)We try to make Sourcery and its users the most friendly helping supported rom around.. Please refrain from negative contributions in our thread. If you have a problem withsomeone pm them and handle it in private. ThankYou

Were happy to see everyone enjoying the rom and thank JBoyer for assisting in bringing it to you.

Due to me going on vacation for the next 10 days dev of 4.2 has not even started , im hoping devortex will be back in business soon as he is my co-dev. But nothing will be ready for release within the next 2 weeks for sure. so Please dont pester JBoyer as it wont be available for him to do :)

Thanks again for giving Sourcery a run and hope you have fun with it.
    i heard a rumor about being able to make phone calls or something with it but there's too many options i haven't found that one yet.
    Re: [ROM] JBSourcery 5.0-Toroplus ~3/1~ Nothing Compares

When, I flash I wipe I wipe, system, del and data multiple times. It happen to me before too. No market bug. But now maximus g apps works great.

In the past I have had that happen with black facebook, I noticed sometimes after flashing gapps if I do a reboot they then show up. This has only happened after a fresh gapps install on first reboot. After I rebooted they never disappeared again.

Op is updated....this will (should anyway) fixed MMS and GPS issues...clean flash is always recommended but if anyone wants a to try a dirty flash let me know how it goes :)