Aws

Search This thread

azzurrony

Dec 21, 2011
Ok..so does 4.4.2 finally give us AWS on verizon? Need it badly here in NYC. Delay is activating this band is ridiculous

Vandyyy

Dec 16, 2013
Omaha
4.4 on my Verizon Dev X appears to give me AWS LTE... I say that because I get LTE signal when using my T-Mobile USA SIM in my X. And T-Mobile supports Band 4, not Band 13.

4.4 VZ Dev Ed gives me band 4 LTE with a TMo SIM. Have yet to try it since flashing a EU 4.4.2 file (kept my 4.4 VZ radios, so I can't imagine it would change much, but Play Store recognizes my device as XT1052 now, which I find funny).

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
What app do you use to check the band?
I have nothing that will display the LTE Band. I would love to find one that does.

For me, its process of Elimination.. VZW X initially supported LTE Band 13, which T-mobile doesn't support. T-Mobile does support LTE Band 4, which is the only other VZW LTE Band. (VZW lists Band 13 and 4 on their page for the X). Since I get LTE with my T-Mobile SIM it must be LTE band 4.

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I understand the process of elimination but on my SGS3 it would give me a band number (Band 13 in my case) but my Moto X gives me no band number. Is there a way to find out what band it is actually connected to?

As far as I know, no, not on vanilla Android. I also own a Galaxy S4 and what you're talking about is integrated into TouchWiz.

Reactions: titanshadow

azzurrony

Dec 21, 2011
The Moto X used to tell you what Band it was on...this was prior to the Kitkat update. After that, I have been unable to find an app that tells me what band it is using. If anyone else has ideas, let me know. (BTW I am not rooted.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I understand the process of elimination but on my SGS3 it would give me a band number (Band 13 in my case) but my Moto X gives me no band number. Is there a way to find out what band it is actually connected to?

As far as I know, no, not on vanilla Android. I also own a Galaxy S4 and what you're talking about is integrated into TouchWiz.