[Q] help : installing cwm recovery without flashing any kernel

Search This thread

flameonfzn

Sep 28, 2012
kota, rajasthan
Hi can anyone help me in installing cwm recovery in c2104 without flashing thunderzap, phantom or any other kernel?
My device is entirely rooted with an unlocked bootloader _

Guynan

May 24, 2013
Auckland
I don't know if this will work, but search xparts in the play store, it is an app for flashing xperia recoveries. Idk if it supports L though. But worth a try. Or just download a recovery from ROM manager. Also found in the play store.

Sent from my ST18i

flameonfzn

Sep 28, 2012
kota, rajasthan
Recovery is intergrated in the kernel (boot.img) on Xperia devices.

Thank you replying, actually i wanted to flash a couple of tweaks by using cwm_but it looks like now i really have to install a kernel_i have tried both phantom and thunderzap kernels before, phantom was laggy, and games were taking a lot of time in loading on the other hand thunderzap was pretty good but it consumed a lot of battery even when i was using the max frquency at 1ghz only_can you suggest me which kernel to install then, and if it is thunderzap what should be the cpu configuration?

G

GuestK0058

Thank you replying, actually i wanted to flash a couple of tweaks by using cwm_but it looks like now i really have to install a kernel_i have tried both phantom and thunderzap kernels before, phantom was laggy, and games were taking a lot of time in loading on the other hand thunderzap was pretty good but it consumed a lot of battery even when i was using the max frquency at 1ghz only_can you suggest me which kernel to install then, and if it is thunderzap what should be the cpu configuration?

I'm using Extended Stock kernel by @Rachit Rawat
It's pretty solid, games like GTA SA & Minecraft run smooth.

I didn't overclock my phone, only debloated & rooted

Bhupi7411

Jan 22, 2013

Top Liked Posts