D803 KitKat Baseband is Broken in Stock ROMs, 4G DOES NOT EQUAL LTE

Search This thread

autom8r

Aug 17, 2010
Hi all,
This is a thread for d803 owners to discuss how we're going to get LTE supported in KitKat.

Right now, if you flash the popular KK_Baseband floating around, you'll get "4G" after either deleting lteconfigs.apk, or tweaking your build.prop (depending on your ROM). So don't expect "4G" right off the bat, however, even after doing all necessary tweaks, you'll likely find what I found:

"4G" is not 4G, it's HSPA+ in desguise. You can tell by running speed tests (and also noting that the Network always reverts to GSM/WCDMA), they are all within HSPA+ speeds. Reverting back to JB, and running the same speed tests in the same areas results in MUCH faster speeds as it's true LTE. Meaning: 4G does not equal LTE.

Now, I know what you're thinking, "this guys a newb and didn't do the tweaks needed". No, that's not the case, I did all the tweaks, I tried this on CloudyFlex, CloudyStock and even the Rogers KK ROM floating around, all were stuck on GSM/WCDMA with "4G", which is really HSPA+.

So this being said, there appears to be no way to run a custom stock ROM, with LTE, I hope I'm wrong.

Cheers

deadgiveaway

Apr 17, 2014
Make sure you hve the right lte apn created and selected in apn settings , next forget about the icon , most roms are gonna say 4g , but check in networks settings if it says lte if it does your getting lte

uploadfromtaptalk1398294197931.jpg

These are my apn settings
uploadfromtaptalk1398294275131.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398294283502.jpg

Sent from my LG-D803 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: autom8r

autom8r

Aug 17, 2010
Thanks, that worked, however 4g is not lte, I now get actual lte in the status bar, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
On my d802 442 the lte option is now gone, and in hidden menu it says not supported. The only available is gsm and wcdma
Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
4g is LTE in configs that use US ROM base because they use that icon for the ROM instead of LTE.. Hspa has the H icon but if you check the network status screen it will show hspap... I have LTE working perfectly on my bell d803 with cloudypro2

Last edited:

athris

Jan 20, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Asus Zenfone 9
You know 4g means lte for international Rom, only north America use 4g as hspa. Whenever you flash a custom Rom, they are mostly base on international Rom. So the 4g is actually mean lte. You can also check the mobile network type in setting as what deadgiveaway show.

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: deadgiveaway

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you hve the right lte apn created and selected in apn settings , next forget about the icon , most roms are gonna say 4g , but check in networks settings if it says lte if it does your getting lte

uploadfromtaptalk1398294197931.jpg

These are my apn settings
    uploadfromtaptalk1398294275131.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398294283502.jpg

Sent from my LG-D803 using xda app-developers app
    You know 4g means lte for international Rom, only north America use 4g as hspa. Whenever you flash a custom Rom, they are mostly base on international Rom. So the 4g is actually mean lte. You can also check the mobile network type in setting as what deadgiveaway show.

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app