Do you guys think there would be a Windows 8.1 rom for nexus 7(2013)

Search This thread

brenty108

Jan 12, 2011
santa flora
Yeah so wouldn't it be cool if we ran windows 8.1 on our nexus devices? The roms around are just different forms of the same android with a tweak here, one there, a speed boost over there and a better benchmark score way over there. Great with the highest benchmark I'm sure to live ten years longer. Is this something you guys would want? I certainty can't do it. So anyone working on such a thing? Is it even possible? I heard something about Microsoft approving something like that or something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

GeoVali99

Dec 25, 2012
Odobesti
Yeah so wouldn't it be cool if we ran windows 8.1 on our nexus devices? The roms around are just different forms of the same android with a tweak here, one there, a speed boost over there and a better benchmark score way over there. Great with the highest benchmark I'm sure to live ten years longer. Is this something you guys would want? I certainty can't do it. So anyone working on such a thing? Is it even possible? I heard something about Microsoft approving something like that or something.

Would you really want Windows RT?

AidenM

Mar 10, 2011

Microsoft's software is closed source - the reason you see lots of Android development is because anyone can download the source code and make edits. To get Win 8.1 on the Nexus 7 (I'm assuming you mean the RT version), Google would have to pay Microsoft the licensing fee which most likely they won't do.

brenty108

Jan 12, 2011
santa flora
Yeah i know but even RT would be fine. And I don't mean official windows and Google making a deal, I mean some XDA developer coming through. Well I guess no then. Thank you. Im not a total noob, I just like asking noob questions once in awhile for noobs sake :)

Warbuff

Jul 23, 2010
New York
Yeah i know but even RT would be fine. And I don't mean official windows and Google making a deal, I mean some XDA developer coming through. Well I guess no then. Thank you. Im not a total noob, I just like asking noob questions once in awhile for noobs sake :)

He/she wouldn't be able to post it on xda since it would be illegal

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk