[Q] Help with supposedly bricked phone

Search This thread

cj0435

May 3, 2014
Hello everyone,
Last month I rooted my LG G2, and installed cyanogenmod. Everything was going smoothly but for some reason I decided to restore my phone from a backup I made before installing cyan and then just continued using it like that. Two nights ago an android software update took place automatically overnight and when I woke up it was just stuck in the TWRP menu. I tried restoring from previous backups, wiping it and re installing the cyanogenmod that was still on the virtual SD card to no avail, and finally completely formatting the phone to see if I could get it to show up on the computer because it makes the connection noise but it doesn't show up as a device or hard drive.

So now when it boots up it shows the LG logo and then brings me back to TWRP but now I have no restore points on the phone. So is there anyway to get my computer to recognize it so I can add files and hopefully get a working backup on the phone? Or is there a way I can even just flash the stock firmware on it again? Or am I out of luck?

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
Hello everyone,
Last month I rooted my LG G2, and installed cyanogenmod. Everything was going smoothly but for some reason I decided to restore my phone from a backup I made before installing cyan and then just continued using it like that. Two nights ago an android software update took place automatically overnight and when I woke up it was just stuck in the TWRP menu. I tried restoring from previous backups, wiping it and re installing the cyanogenmod that was still on the virtual SD card to no avail, and finally completely formatting the phone to see if I could get it to show up on the computer because it makes the connection noise but it doesn't show up as a device or hard drive.

So now when it boots up it shows the LG logo and then brings me back to TWRP but now I have no restore points on the phone. So is there anyway to get my computer to recognize it so I can add files and hopefully get a working backup on the phone? Or is there a way I can even just flash the stock firmware on it again? Or am I out of luck?

so you formatted your sdcard too. (jokes aside, thats genius). Mind my sarcastic fun-poking, you will have to put your phone into emergency mode and use a tool to flash the stock rom. Usually you can navigate to the manufacturers support page and they will have an updater tool that can flash one of the updates. if not, then scour the forums for an unbrick guide that will flash the stock rom from emergency mode.