[Rom][7-4-12][ZV9]Broken Out Revo 2.0 w/ BlitzKrieg Kernel

Search This thread

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN
Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Rom for the LG Revolution!!! It has been fully cleaned out to decrease size and to increase speed. It will continue to be a work in progress! I hope you all enjoy!!!

What is this?
This is a very lightweight rom built both for speed and stability. This rom is based off of the latest LG update to Gingerbread 2.3.6. It is fully deodexed, and debloated. Almost all of LG has been replaced and as time goes by, I hope to remove the rest. Swype has also been changed to the newest Beta. A few items have been replaced with AOSP versions to increase speed and decrease size. Also included is the appwidgetpicker to clean that up.

Changelog
v 2.0
Rom:
Updated to ZV9
Updated all Apps
Updated Super User and SU Binary
Sony Xperia S Theme
Replaced Calculator, Calender, and Email with CM7 Versions
Added a Modified Spare Parts DSP Manager and CM File Manager
Cleaned Up Browser Bookmarks
I'm sure there is a lot more I am forgetting lol

Kernel:
Overclocked to 2.1 Ghz (Does not mean your phone can handle it)
Added Smoothass and Smartass2 Governors
Added SIO I/O Scheduler
Added 2 Way Call Recording
Many Other Speed Mods

v 1.1
Fix Problem With 3G

v 1.0
Rom:
Based Off of ZV8 Gingerbread
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Heavily Debloated
Debinged the Browser
Debinged
Remapped Long Press Search For Google Voice Search
Remapped VM Button in Dialer to Google Voice
Custom Boot Animation
AOSP Lockscreen
Power Menu Mod
Added CMScreenshot to Power Menu
Accurate Battery Mod
Center Clock Mod
Cleaned Up Notification Pull Down
Changed Low Battery Pop Up to 1%
CRT Screen Shut Off
Added ADW Launcher
Updated all Apps Including Google Play
Added AppWidgetPicker
Newest Swype Beta
Build.prop Tweaks
Init.d Tweaks
Loopy Smoothness Tweak
Added Sony Bravia Engine
Made My Own Host File From Several Sources to Block Ads
Blocked All CIQ Logs From Verizon and Google (Requires Reboot After Install)

Screenshots
Coming Soon

How do I install this?
Must be on ZV8 or ZV9 before flashing!
Otherwise you will have Sim problems!

1.) Download the .zip & make sure 4g is enabled.
2.) Place zip in external sdcard
3.) Back up
4.) WIPE DATA!!! (You do not need to wipe if already on BrokenOut!)
5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
6.) Select BrokenOutRevo2.0.zip
7.) Do not wipe data after flashing!!!
8.) Reboot!
9.) To Block CIQ Logs Requires Reboot After Initial Boot

Technical Info
This rom includes edits to several jar files, xml's and build.prop edits. As time goes more will be done.

Special Thanks!!!
DRT054 for donating his old Revolution
majorpay for Long Press Search fix
Beamer9408 for the battery charge idea and the initial thought for center battery
Kane for the Clear button at bottom in pull down idea
"The Gang" for testing and keeping me entertained on irc, if you haven't been by you should!!!

Donations
For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!

Last edited:

pborner

Dec 10, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
missing Sim card

Installed fine, but when I get to set up at the language selection it says it needs a Sim card to activate. I have a Sim card in there. Just in case, I removed it, replaced it and rebooted. Still asking for Sim card...any thoughts?

Cal8192

Dec 4, 2010
College Station, Tx
Damn the bad luck!

Got impatient, flashed this at work (step by step, not new to this). Got stuck at the LANG screen, combo'd past it, no SIM detected.

Fwiw, the build looks AWESOME from playing around in it. So quick at stock! Just cant use it as is. : /

dastaak

Dec 6, 2010
Just flashed it, problem it say searching for service and unable to get any signal, i rebooted still no luck then i try to switch to 3g but when i go in networks and try to change the networking application setting crashes and shutdown the setting window any ideas anyone.
Thx

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA

kcarden

Jan 10, 2011
Motorola Edge +
Installed fine, but when I get to set up at the language selection it says it needs a Sim card to activate. I have a Sim card in there. Just in case, I removed it, replaced it and rebooted. Still asking for Sim card...any thoughts?

So wait until updated?

Mad respect mt for having this out so fast

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA

kcarden

Jan 10, 2011
Motorola Edge +
Go to the CM9 thread here in dev, go back a few pages. I think it was volume up, volume down, back, search. I know those are the keys but I may have the order wrong.

KC, I flashed my nandroid and intend to wait a bit. I tell you though, I'm excited. That ***** was fast! Lol!

I got a fix... try re flashing following all instructions, but DO NOT code through the setup lang. screen. Instead select english, allow the sim card to "activate" until it says it is already activated and you see continue with setup process. and then you can just home button, or back button to you homescreen and ta dah!.

I got it first try. lol super fast and sleek ROM mt... Looking forward to updated releases!

Cal8192

Dec 4, 2010
College Station, Tx
I got a fix... try re flashing following all instructions, but DO NOT code through the setup lang. screen. Instead select english, allow the sim card to "activate" until it says it is already activated and you see continue with setup process. and then you can just home button, or back button to you homescreen and ta dah!.

I got it first try. lol super fast and sleek ROM mt... Looking forward to updated releases!

The problem I was having (and I assume the same for pborner) was that the activation failed because of the "lack" of sim.

I fully intend to reflash this (again) when I wake up in the afternoon. Glad it worked for you. Gives me hope for the second chance! ;)

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN
The problem I was having (and I assume the same for pborner) was that the activation failed because of the "lack" of sim.

I fully intend to reflash this (again) when I wake up in the afternoon. Glad it worked for you. Gives me hope for the second chance! ;)

Are you on ZV8 already? If not that is probably the Sim problem.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: HighLimit

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
So excited, but my replacement phone gets here today ... gotta wait for it to get here.
Looks like I have some work to do updating ICK :p

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: JohnnyAn

pawdog

Apr 18, 2011
Louisiana
I have the same problem going from gingervolt. LTE is on. Wipe data. Flash Broken Out Revo. Restart phone. Phone does not recognize sim. Tried twice. When I go back to GV everything goes fine.

dirkomatic

Dec 7, 2011
Wow, MT, that was fast!

Many thanks for getting this done so quickly. I'll be installing later today!

MIKEOD5785

Nov 5, 2011
WORKS FLAWLESSLYUnfortunately, half the people on here DO NOT follow instructions, and they FAIL and CRY about how it doesn't work. MT puts in this hard work, and you SLUGS can't even follow directions. HE SAID VZ8 IS NECESSARY....if he says that WHY THE **** would you flash from GB?
AND THEN WASTE FORUM SPACE. UNBELIEVABLE, this installed first shot with ZERO problems without tricks and without cm9 GARBAGE. 4 G works perfect, NO SIM CARD ISSUES.

LIKE THE MAN SAID, BEFORE FLASHING YOU BETTER HAVE ZV8, IF YOU DON'T, SCREW

eghill1125

Jul 15, 2010
Sorry if I am being stupid on this, but...

I would like to jump into this new rom, but with all the different threads now, I must admit I am really confused. Every night now I receive the Software Update failed screen. I am on ZV7 running GingerVOlt 1.3 now.

Anyone kind enough to point me to the right thread to get to ZV8 and then to this rom after. I am lost reading the different threads now. I figured this would be the best thread to get the help. I have flashed many roms and such on this, nook colors, and my 3 Droid Eris phones, so I know how to do the stuff. I am just not seeing which one to go with first. :eek:

Also... I am not sure right now if my ADB is running at home or not. Formatted out my laptop a bit back and not sure if I have run it since or not. So anything that is flashable on the phone would be best for me at work.

Last edited:

KaneOfMars

Jul 26, 2011
Charleston, SC
Sorry if I am being stupid on this, but...

I would like to jump into this new rom, but with all the different threads now, I must admit I am really confused. Every night now I receive the Software Update failed screen. I am on ZV7 running GingerVOlt 1.3 now.

Anyone kind enough to point me to the right thread to get to ZV8 and then to this rom after. I am lost reading the different threads now. I figured this would be the best thread to get the help. I have flashed many roms and such on this, nook colors, and my 3 Droid Eris phones, so I know how to do the stuff. I am just not seeing which one to go with first. :eek:

Also... I am not sure right now if my ADB is running at home or not. Formatted out my laptop a bit back and not sure if I have run it since or not. So anything that is flashable on the phone would be best for me at work.

use mt's all in one here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1566729
all the files needed can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466655
go here to get the rooted stock zv7 rom (flashable) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1348637

Reactions: cowrecked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Rom for the LG Revolution!!! It has been fully cleaned out to decrease size and to increase speed. It will continue to be a work in progress! I hope you all enjoy!!!

What is this?
    This is a very lightweight rom built both for speed and stability. This rom is based off of the latest LG update to Gingerbread 2.3.6. It is fully deodexed, and debloated. Almost all of LG has been replaced and as time goes by, I hope to remove the rest. Swype has also been changed to the newest Beta. A few items have been replaced with AOSP versions to increase speed and decrease size. Also included is the appwidgetpicker to clean that up.

Changelog
    v 2.0
    Rom:
    Updated to ZV9
    Updated all Apps
    Updated Super User and SU Binary
    Sony Xperia S Theme
    Replaced Calculator, Calender, and Email with CM7 Versions
    Added a Modified Spare Parts DSP Manager and CM File Manager
    Cleaned Up Browser Bookmarks
    I'm sure there is a lot more I am forgetting lol

Kernel:
    Overclocked to 2.1 Ghz (Does not mean your phone can handle it)
    Added Smoothass and Smartass2 Governors
    Added SIO I/O Scheduler
    Added 2 Way Call Recording
    Many Other Speed Mods

v 1.1
    Fix Problem With 3G

v 1.0
    Rom:
    Based Off of ZV8 Gingerbread
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Heavily Debloated
    Debinged the Browser
    Debinged
    Remapped Long Press Search For Google Voice Search
    Remapped VM Button in Dialer to Google Voice
    Custom Boot Animation
    AOSP Lockscreen
    Power Menu Mod
    Added CMScreenshot to Power Menu
    Accurate Battery Mod
    Center Clock Mod
    Cleaned Up Notification Pull Down
    Changed Low Battery Pop Up to 1%
    CRT Screen Shut Off
    Added ADW Launcher
    Updated all Apps Including Google Play
    Added AppWidgetPicker
    Newest Swype Beta
    Build.prop Tweaks
    Init.d Tweaks
    Loopy Smoothness Tweak
    Added Sony Bravia Engine
    Made My Own Host File From Several Sources to Block Ads
    Blocked All CIQ Logs From Verizon and Google (Requires Reboot After Install)

Screenshots
    Coming Soon

How do I install this?
    Must be on ZV8 or ZV9 before flashing!
    Otherwise you will have Sim problems!

1.) Download the .zip & make sure 4g is enabled.
    2.) Place zip in external sdcard
    3.) Back up
    4.) WIPE DATA!!! (You do not need to wipe if already on BrokenOut!)
    5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
    6.) Select BrokenOutRevo2.0.zip
    7.) Do not wipe data after flashing!!!
    8.) Reboot!
    9.) To Block CIQ Logs Requires Reboot After Initial Boot

Technical Info
    This rom includes edits to several jar files, xml's and build.prop edits. As time goes more will be done.

Special Thanks!!!
    DRT054 for donating his old Revolution
    majorpay for Long Press Search fix
    Beamer9408 for the battery charge idea and the initial thought for center battery
    Kane for the Clear button at bottom in pull down idea
    "The Gang" for testing and keeping me entertained on irc, if you haven't been by you should!!!

Donations
    For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!
    Alright boys and girls, here is a little overclocking and undervolting for ya!

http://db.tt/wRYwpwNF

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Just got source for ZV8!!!! Will play with it tonight!!!!
    I am sending MT my Revo so he may continue his awesome work. Should get it sometime this week.

sent from my HTC ReZound Clean ROM 1.4 DE
    Hey guys! Need some testers! First 3 to pm I will send a link. Got the new broken out running on drts old phone got 49 hours on the extended battery and sitting at 34% still! Just need some extra sets of eyes for visual stuff and to test things I don't use lol.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2