[Official] SG Note in the Philippines

Search This thread

whax

Apr 6, 2012
Manila
anyone here got a galaxy note from a smart telecom postpaid subscription?

their offer is quite tempting at 1,900 monthly bill, with 500 SMS to all networks and 500 minutes to smart network only then just 1GB data.

another offer is a 2,000 monthly for unlimited data, then 200 SMS and 150 minutes to all networks.

could this be worth it?

Kcube989

Mar 25, 2012
Las Piñas
anyone here got a galaxy note from a smart telecom postpaid subscription?

their offer is quite tempting at 1,900 monthly bill, with 500 SMS to all networks and 500 minutes to smart network only then just 1GB data.

another offer is a 2,000 monthly for unlimited data, then 200 SMS and 150 minutes to all networks.

could this be worth it?

I'm on plan 2000 cause I surf a lot and download tons of stuff.

BTW, i think plan 1900 is a limited offer and its gonna end on the 15th

Last edited:

whax

Apr 6, 2012
Manila
I'm on plan 2000 cause I surf a lot and download tons of stuff.

BTW, i think plan 1900 is a limited offer and its gonna end on the 15th

this got me scared... phew.. I checked their site again, good thing the offer will still run up until May 8. I'd still have time.. But I'd still have to think it over if I would need more data or more sms/mins..

follow up question - would they give you an option if you would want a white or black unit? TIA!

d@c0y

Apr 14, 2012
Hi.

Noob here.

I'm also picking up my white SGNote tomorrow from SMART. Plan 2000.

I was hoping if I could ask you guys for some tips on what to check for when I get the unit.

Here's my list so far: (please tell me if I made some mistakes)

0) Ask what is the replacement period (so I can go home and not waste time :))
1) Check if IMEI matches (box and phone)
2) Check for dead/stuck pixels (using this code: *#0*# )
3) Check all functionality, data connection, earphones, call, sms, camera, etc.
4) What else?

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks1

alrey

Feb 6, 2008
this got me scared... phew.. I checked their site again, good thing the offer will still run up until May 8. I'd still have time.. But I'd still have to think it over if I would need more data or more sms/mins..

follow up question - would they give you an option if you would want a white or black unit? TIA!

be careful, i think theres a 2gb limit per mo on the contract and speed will be less after hitting the mark. i dont know if its strictly implemented though.

bobotski

May 14, 2011
Make sure to ask them regarding the fair usage policy so you're aware of limitations of your plan.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

onetonnoodle

Jan 22, 2012
try searching ZergRush exploit Root. It's the one i'm using and it's a no frill no worry rooting process. hope this helps. :)

Reactions: jtribaco

onetonnoodle

Jan 22, 2012
No problem kabayan! Here is the guide I followed when I rooted my note: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329360

There are several methods, but I used Method 1 on that guide since it's seems to be the most straight forward. In summary, you just need to download the ZergRush rooting tool. Extract it. Run the RunMe.bat application from your desktop, and follow the instructions that it will show. (Instructions include what to do on your phone during the process).

Anyway, just check out the link. If you have any other worries/concerns, don't hesitate to ask ;)

joey.t

Apr 16, 2012
Quezon City
Hey guys!

I'm a 17 year old student from Manila and would love to show some love for the Note. :)

Also, I wanna share a unique power saving tip without downloading JuiceDefender and the like. Since Super AMOLED uses less power to display black than white, I downloaded Launcher7. I use the paid version and I really enjoy the minimalist theme of Windows.

If you're willing to exchange widget access and screen beauty for better battery life (since I just mostly text) then I guess Launcher7 could be your phone's next best friend.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Kcube989

Mar 25, 2012
Las Piñas
Is it normal that default browser (2.3.6 LC2) doesnt show facebook chat? Settings are set to default. Opera mobile and dolphin hd both show the chat window in the bottom right.

scarlet_sg

Apr 18, 2012
safe rooting

No problem kabayan! Here is the guide I followed when I rooted my note: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329360

There are several methods, but I used Method 1 on that guide since it's seems to be the most straight forward. In summary, you just need to download the ZergRush rooting tool. Extract it. Run the RunMe.bat application from your desktop, and follow the instructions that it will show. (Instructions include what to do on your phone during the process).

Anyway, just check out the link. If you have any other worries/concerns, don't hesitate to ask ;)

@one: noob here and this is my first android device as well.. i came from a blackberry device so all this rooting process is just doing my head in...

anyway, you mentioned you used Dr. Ketan's method 1 for rooting... may i ask what is the difference between method 1 & 2??

thanks.

onetonnoodle

Jan 22, 2012
His second method is for rooting plus CWM recovery (clockworkmod recovery).

In a nutshell, CWM is a type of custom recovery wherein you can do various things such as applying official/unofficial ROMs, applying modded themes, etc. And ofcourse, a pre-cursor to CWM is a fully rooted phone.

For more information about CWM, you can check out this link: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...-and-how-to-use-it-on-android-complete-guide/

Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: scarlet_sg

lawgone

Jan 24, 2011
Manila
Guys question:

I'm familiar with rooting and all those stuff that you can do to a smartphone, but I'm kinda hesitant doing this to my brand new Note since I might void the warranty.

Basically I wanna know how accurate "unrooting" is? I mean Samsung Ph has a way to check if the phone was once rooted or not, or had a custom ROM before, thus voiding the warranty.

jtribaco

Jan 10, 2012
~MNL~
Just downloaded all the files. I can start later or so.

@one: I have few question: after downgrade the rom kernel version and flash it, will I use the ODIN to update the rom to the latest? BTW, whats your latest rom installed?

I download this N7000DXLC2 Singapore Version from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1424997. Will this ok if I use this?

Hope I perform non-wipe version later...

My apology for noob question :lol:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i would like to start the ball rolling on this thread that may somewhat cater to the filipino owners, users and lovers of the galaxy note...

being a new owner, i would like to find resources and share knowledge base for the galaxy note from our fellow pinoys...

i hope this thread blossoms as it does with our own galaxy s2 thread in the sgs2 string...

mabuhay and thanks!
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

you can buy them in the mall, it's about P1,000 - P1,500. About those prices for I bought mine for 1,200.
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

Mine came from smart. 8 months old and my battery's bulging as well. Iirc, batteries of any kind are not covered by warranty. Just get the oem bateries from samsung. They don't cost much anyway.

Sent from my Asylumized shopping cart.
    Yes I'm rooted and running midnote 2.0 ICS rom. It comes packaged with LP1 kernel and CWM

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

thanks...any tutorials on how to start?any how does the usb jig method work on the note btw

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Wipe data factory reset.
    Wipe cache.
    Wipe dalvik cache.
    Format system.
    Format preload.

Or click the "clean install" option on Philz recovery. Its below wipe data factory reset.

Edit: this will remove all user apps installed. Better make a titanium backup or whatever.