[ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightlies - TF101

Search This thread

teameos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2011
Team EOS​
JB 4.1.1 TF101​
NIGHTLIES​

Continuing on from the success of the EOS ICS roms, we present to you EOS3, based on JELLYBEAN!

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. For the latest news on Team EOS releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #teameos.

--
NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
--

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated every now and then, and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/nightlies/tf101/

G-Apps Package
Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Temporary Gapps package gapps
--
Features:
Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving, we do not provide a change log manually. Instead please see the changes on jenkins for your build.
For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
Kernel Note: This rom is currently using the stock kernel, so you can find the sources from aosp.

--

Installation Notes:
These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery.
Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY ICS or JB based rom.

BUGS!
If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

---

Enabling voice search in google now

1. Go into Settings
  2. Go to "Language & input"
  3. Scroll down to "Speech" and click on "Voice Search"
  4. Click on "Download offline speech recognition"
  5. Swipe Across to the "ALL" tab if needed
  6. Download your speech pack for your language

Last edited:

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Here is what I am aware of that has still to be fixed. I'll add to it once I've went through the bugtracker.

GPS
Face unlock
Audio is a bit too quiet.
HDMI Audio
Touchscreen sometimes stops accepting input. (temp workaround - go into standby and resume and it should come back to life).

Changelog:
Hopefully as of Build #58 the unscheduled reboot issue has been resolved. Freedback appreciated
Wifi regualatory domain changed added.
Full dock support including keyboard layout selector.
Google Search no longer crashes.
Screen now turns off when the lid is closed on the dock.
Smart covers now switch off the screen.
Location is reported correctly via wifi.
Screen no longer rotates when docked.

Credits:
The rest of Team EOS.
AndroidRoot esp. RaYmAn and Bumble-Bee for helping with the device tree in particular with sound. (Also for all the other great work AndroidRoot have done with this device).
aremcee (Ricardo Cerqueira) of Cyanogenmod for fixing the OMX issues. (Camera/YouTube)
Everyone else who provided feedback.

Last edited:

s1l3nt

Jan 15, 2009
Running nicely so far. Camera doesn't work though. Not a big deal for me since i never use it lol

also google search does not work

Last edited:

David 617

May 12, 2011
Thank you so much!

Eos was my first ICS rom, and it holds a special place in my heart.

Great work guys

metaldood

Dec 26, 2010
Everything works great except FCs in google search bar. After downloading the language pack, google now worked but FCd immediately

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
Checked camera and YouTube, the same errors me and rayman33 had. Yet in CM10 it works somehow. Need to investigate because I don't see any difference.

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
Yeah cm10, had its own bugs too. Crappy audio some frame rate problem and Google now annoying pop ups lol. But they have netflix and YouTube working.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Sound is common, and I think I have some ideas about it. Not sure about OMX yet though, don't see any reason why they have it and we don't.

asdfzz

Mar 10, 2012
Nice one to all devs :good: ;)

btw i see Google Now works on Team EOS Xoom JB Nightly...so just wait and they will fix it,maybe :fingers-crossed:

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Yup, Camera and HW video decoding aren't working yet, neither is GPS.

Google Now sorta works but when you opt into Google Cards it breaksit. Probably be fixed as mentioned already when GPS is.

Reactions: dulcedosa

alizafar

Dec 14, 2009
Saudi Arabia,Al Khober
Ok i Tried the rom and Plan on sticking with it....its Useable

Google Voice Search Works with out any issues however google Now FCs
The sound can be worked around with Volume Plus Configs
Chrome Works but has some issues
Graphic Performance is increased [More Fps In Dead Trigger with Tegra 3 Fx] almost no lag
Software Decoding works so videos can still be watched till the next nightly fix
Overall UI Performance and consistancy is Phenomenal ! [Just Don't Change the launcher ]
USB Joysticks Work on Games
USB NTFS Drives are Unmountable [PLEASE FIX THIS!!!]

There can be a 100 things more to talk about but to sum it up, the rom is great, just wait for some fixes and updates and thiss rom will be on top of your list!

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
Yup, Camera and HW video decoding aren't working yet, neither is GPS.

Google Now sorta works but when you opt into Google Cards it breaksit. Probably be fixed as mentioned already when GPS is.

I think camera is OMX related too. Any idea what that could be?

Ok i Tried the rom and Plan on sticking with it....its Useable

Google Voice Search Works with out any issues however google Now FCs
The sound can be worked around with Volume Plus Configs
Chrome Works but has some issues
Graphic Performance is increased [More Fps In Dead Trigger with Tegra 3 Fx] almost no lag
Software Decoding works so videos can still be watched till the next nightly fix
Overall UI Performance and consistancy is Phenomenal ! [Just Don't Change the launcher ]
USB Joysticks Work on Games
USB NTFS Drives are Unmountable [PLEASE FIX THIS!!!]

There can be a 100 things more to talk about but to sum it up, the rom is great, just wait for some fixes and updates and thiss rom will be on top of your list!

+1 for NTFS. Your turn Roach :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS​
    JB 4.1.1 TF101​
    NIGHTLIES​

Continuing on from the success of the EOS ICS roms, we present to you EOS3, based on JELLYBEAN!

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. For the latest news on Team EOS releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #teameos.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated every now and then, and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/nightlies/tf101/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Temporary Gapps package gapps
    --
    Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving, we do not provide a change log manually. Instead please see the changes on jenkins for your build.
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
    Kernel Note: This rom is currently using the stock kernel, so you can find the sources from aosp.

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery.
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY ICS or JB based rom.

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

---

Enabling voice search in google now

1. Go into Settings
    2. Go to "Language & input"
    3. Scroll down to "Speech" and click on "Voice Search"
    4. Click on "Download offline speech recognition"
    5. Swipe Across to the "ALL" tab if needed
    6. Download your speech pack for your language
    Here is what I am aware of that has still to be fixed. I'll add to it once I've went through the bugtracker.

GPS
    Face unlock
    Audio is a bit too quiet.
    HDMI Audio
    Touchscreen sometimes stops accepting input. (temp workaround - go into standby and resume and it should come back to life).

Changelog:
    Hopefully as of Build #58 the unscheduled reboot issue has been resolved. Freedback appreciated
    Wifi regualatory domain changed added.
    Full dock support including keyboard layout selector.
    Google Search no longer crashes.
    Screen now turns off when the lid is closed on the dock.
    Smart covers now switch off the screen.
    Location is reported correctly via wifi.
    Screen no longer rotates when docked.

Credits:
    The rest of Team EOS.
    AndroidRoot esp. RaYmAn and Bumble-Bee for helping with the device tree in particular with sound. (Also for all the other great work AndroidRoot have done with this device).
    aremcee (Ricardo Cerqueira) of Cyanogenmod for fixing the OMX issues. (Camera/YouTube)
    Everyone else who provided feedback.
    Thanks ;)
    Well if I had the time I would, but really time is lacking.
    That's why I think having RaymanFX on our side is good, he has a lot of free time. :)

But since I lack time, I prefer to do a few things right, instead of too many things wrongly ;)
    The K.A.T app is already way behind schedule currently, so yeah. That was supposed to be my next main update,
    but not sure anymore now.

I'd just personally prefer that the TeamEOS rom doesn't take a turn I won't like.

Tim, it took me some time to rethink my new strategy.
    Right now, i think I made a decision. I will revert all my commits regarding the tf101 vendor and tf101 device tree and just improve the old one with the needed fixes for 4.2. Would you like to help me with EOS? I mean, working on gerrit. Like a clean, working teamwork.
    Timduru and me are making great progress :)
    Seems like my code and logcat digging-weekend were successful, cause we got both cams to work now !
    Left will be bluetooth ...
    And Bluetooth is now working in 4.2.1 :D

There's mostly HDMI & surfaceflinger eating the cpu left to fix & a few non critical features to add back.
    But besides that I think everything should be fixed now :)

It's pretty usable I'd say now if you don't need hdmi that is ;)
    with a tiny bit power lost because of surfaceflinger atm :)