[Q] Screen using 50% of battery

Search This thread

karthick.k11

Jun 10, 2013
Hi

I have rooted my phone and installed CM11 Nightly + Kitkat on my Xperia P. I noticed all the times Screen consuming 50% of battery and due to this my battery is getting drained quickly and its not lasting for atleast a day.. Can someone help me to fix this issue and use my mobile normal?

Aniruddha10

Oct 10, 2013
Hi

I have rooted my phone and installed CM11 Nightly + Kitkat on my Xperia P. I noticed all the times Screen consuming 50% of battery and due to this my battery is getting drained quickly and its not lasting for atleast a day.. Can someone help me to fix this issue and use my mobile normal?

Hey, did you remember to calibrate your battery after flashing the ROM?
Also it's pretty normal that the screen consumes a lot of battery. But if it isn't on for long periods of time and still drains there's something wrong.
You can check what is waking your device using this app
Another suggestion would be that don't use auto brightness, it drains the battery quite a bit.

karthick.k11

Jun 10, 2013
Hey, did you remember to calibrate your battery after flashing the ROM?
Also it's pretty normal that the screen consumes a lot of battery. But if it isn't on for long periods of time and still drains there's something wrong.
You can check what is waking your device using this app
Another suggestion would be that don't use auto brightness, it drains the battery quite a bit.

Yes I did callibrate my battery but not sure whether i did correct. Can you let me know how to calibrate my battery?

Let me try with that wakelockdetector apps.. I didnt use the auto brightness... even i tried reducing the brightness to 0% but no luck....

Aniruddha10

Oct 10, 2013
Yes I did callibrate my battery but not sure whether i did correct. Can you let me know how to calibrate my battery?

Let me try with that wakelockdetector apps.. I didnt use the auto brightness... even i tried reducing the brightness to 0% but no luck....

Well you probably did it correctly, not that complicated. Use the calibration app
I got it from this XDA thread and it always seems to work for me.
Just make sure to charge to 100%, unplug the charger and then press calibrate.

Anyway leave the wakelockdetector running for a day or so and then see what is waking your device the most.
Also check what governors and io schedulers you are using. That can make quite a difference.

karthick.k11

Jun 10, 2013
Well you probably did it correctly, not that complicated. Use the calibration app
I got it from this XDA thread and it always seems to work for me.
Just make sure to charge to 100%, unplug the charger and then press calibrate.

Anyway leave the wakelockdetector running for a day or so and then see what is waking your device the most.
Also check what governors and io schedulers you are using. That can make quite a difference.

Thanks. Let me try with thie Calibrator apps and check with wakelockdetector as well... Can you let me know which governor is best for battery and performance?

Aniruddha10

Oct 10, 2013
Thanks. Let me try with thie Calibrator apps and check with wakelockdetector as well... Can you let me know which governor is best for battery and performance?

It's hard to say which is best. You'll have to test them to suit your own needs.
Try using hotplug or smartassV2. They have a nice balance between battery and performance.
Currently I'm using hotplug, I find it has better battery and the performance is sufficient.

If you want more info on governors look in this thread.

Last edited:

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Hi

What brightness level do you use, and what is your screen on time?