[Q] Screen issue, can only see pixels

Search This thread

Kleunius

Mar 4, 2014
Hi,

I'm not sure if there already is a thread about this problem, so sorry if there is:)

When I grabbed my Nexus 5 out my pocket, the screen didn´t work. It only shows pixels. I´ve tried to reset it to factory settings using a hard reset but that doesn´t work. It still only shows the pixels. I can´t send it back to LG for repair because I´ve changed the kernel and I can´t get a connection with my pc. Does anybody have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
What do you mean by "can only see pixels" ?? Blurry lines?? Distortion?? If so, there's a possibility that the flex cable might have gone bad.. In any case, you need to send it in for repairs.

Kleunius

Mar 4, 2014
What do you mean by "can only see pixels" ?? Blurry lines?? Distortion?? If so, there's a possibility that the flex cable might have gone bad.. In any case, you need to send it in for repairs.

Yes I can only see blurry lines in different colours. But is it possible to repair it by replacing the screen + touch module?

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Yes I can only see blurry lines in different colours. But is it possible to repair it by replacing the screen + touch module?

May be, May be not. No one can know the extent of the damage without opening up the device.

You need professional help. So, it's either Google (if you've bought from play) or LG. There's nothing you can do here as the screen is completely useless. Just send it in and hope for the best.
If you want to backup your data, you could boot up the phone (if you can) and use adb to backup if you've enabled usb debugging. But that's about it..

Good luck!

Kleunius

Mar 4, 2014
May be, May be not. No one can know the extent of the damage without opening up the device.

You need professional help. So, it's either Google (if you've bought from play) or LG. There's nothing you can do here as the screen is completely useless. Just send it in and hope for the best.
If you want to backup your data, you could boot up the phone (if you can) and use adb to backup if you've enabled usb debugging. But that's about it..

Good luck!

Thanks for the info vin4yak!

rainasr

Apr 11, 2015
Nexus 5 showing only pixels

Hi

Even I am facing the same issue. My nexus 5 is only 4 months old and from the past few days, display is not working consistently. It only shows pixels all over the screen and there is no image at all. Also, there is no physical damage to the phone at all. Although It just fell once recently on its back from a chairs height but it already had a strong spigen slim armor case that provides pretty good protection so i dont think that fall could have caused any internal damage.
A few days after this and after i upgraded to 5.1, I first started to see the screen hanging and then suddenly when i tried to restart, it started showing pixels all over the screen. A few times when i press power button multiple times, then sometimes (say 1 out of 20 times or even less) ,home screen appears but even then it does not work. I am very frustrated with the problem and not sure what could be the issue. Could you please let me know what could be the problem. I have shown it to some repair shops but it looks like they are just looking to grab money and they simply tell me that they can replace display.
So i thought its better to post it here in xda to get feedback on this. Please can you let me know what could be problem, is it hardware or software issue and how it could be resolved. Please help me urgently as I am not able to use the phone.
Thanks.