Broekn screen is this all I need to replace??

Search This thread

Alexanderbooth

Apr 5, 2011
It honestly is really easy, thought it was going to be a nightmare putting it back together, but its all made so well that there isn't any other way it can fit together. Was a bit scary when one of the motherboard clips flew off when trying to get it off and I couldn't find it, but after few minutes scouring the carpet I found it. But to be perfectly honest I could have put it back together without one of the motherboard clips, it was pretty secure.

zinqzinq

May 3, 2011
I got problem to take off gorilla glass cos is stick by glue i think... should I use hair dryier to unstick it? or any other method?

Alexanderbooth

Apr 5, 2011
You don't need to take the gorilla glass off, the whole thing comes out together, just use the prying tool to gradually pull it away from the casing

Reactions: zinqzinq

zinqzinq

May 3, 2011
Job done, I didnt have my new screen yet but everthing is in piece now hehe one more question guys cos after the accident the screen was broken and touch didnt work at all in mine steak did might be a motherboard fault or digitizer ? ps. dell wasnt droped... was a bit bend , dell boots normally

Last edited:

Alexanderbooth

Apr 5, 2011
No really sure, but the you get a new touch screen so guessing it would sort out your problem. Mine still work even though it was broke, so not defo sure to be honest.

alperin1

Nov 30, 2010
I just had to replace mine again. I couls see the screen but only a small part of the screen would accept touching. New screen and all is good now.

I think you will be fine.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

Mar 12, 2011
guys need help..i got the same problem with the lcd.so fragile,dropped not even 1 foot,and there's a black spot in my lcd.when i buy the lcd and the digitizer,does it comes with the gorilla glass???or just ordinary glass?

alperin1

Nov 30, 2010
I am not sure what kind of glass the new LCDs come with. I will say that it is super smooth and I have yet to break the new glass and it seems to be fairly scratch resistant.

Is it gorilla glass, I cannot say.

devdarshan

Apr 10, 2005
London
replaced mine twice - very easy once you do it the first time - follow the ifixit video and go step by step.....second time - i did not even bother with the videa - its that simple really

maltloaf

Feb 6, 2004
Hereford
I dropped my streak from about 2ft and the glass didn't shatter but the LCD was a mess

Just waiting for my new lcd/digitizer/glass to be delivered from ebay. I've already stripped my streak down ready. Not sure what to use to re-stick the glass to the main frame though. Any suggestions?

devdarshan

Apr 10, 2005
London
I dropped my streak from about 2ft and the glass didn't shatter but the LCD was a mess

Just waiting for my new lcd/digitizer/glass to be delivered from ebay. I've already stripped my streak down ready. Not sure what to use to re-stick the glass to the main frame though. Any suggestions?

The glass to the mainframe just goes and stays in place with their respective clips - I did not use any. just used normal stick glue for the side bezels - have had no issues so far.

Top Liked Posts