[Q] GSM Nexus S ICS 4.0.4 OTA update released?

Search This thread

vick33

Dec 11, 2010
Writes bootloader and radio only. Then I get file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop": No such file or directory

WOOOT? you could not flash the full 4.0.3 update? I can flash that when i format the whole sytem partition. If i do that i will not have any file on it it still not complains..

shrivelfig

Sep 7, 2010
WOOOT? you could not flash the full 4.0.3 update? I can flash that when i format the whole sytem partition. If i do that i will not have any file on it it still not complains..

Could be because I have 4.0.3 aready, so it doesn't bother re-installing the system.

Anyway, going from 4.0.3 to 2.3.6 to 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 worked. :rolleyes:

I'm now on 4.0.4 and no data lost.

Reactions: tenkely

nitrix

Feb 9, 2012
I'm running a stock 4.0.3, downloaded the package and tried it. Restarted the phone in recovery mode and then a photo of android appears and nothing happens. Dunno where I'm doing wrong.

wilkielk

Jan 13, 2011
I also got status 7 error saying error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip.

I first tried to update from a non-root stock 4.0.3 update (not full rom). After it failed to update to 4.0.4, I download the 4.0.3 full rom and flashed via stock recovery. It also failed update again.

Do I need to wipe both data/factory and cache before updating? Thanks!

ezhangin

Feb 24, 2010
I also got status 7 error saying error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip.

I first tried to update from a non-root stock 4.0.3 update (not full rom). After it failed to update to 4.0.4, I download the 4.0.3 full rom and flashed via stock recovery. It also failed update again.

Do I need to wipe both data/factory and cache before updating? Thanks!

This is the exact problem I'm having except my phone was stock in the first place.

PhoenixIce22

Jan 12, 2012
i9020A success

I just finished upgrading my i9020a from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4. Everything is working fine so far.

I did have an issue when upgrading from CWM. When it was verifying the files, it complained about Music2.apk. I had deleted this file from the system/app folder when I first installed ICS since I has installed CM Music app and wanted it to replace the default player.

Luckily I had a copy of the 4.0.3 full zip file, so I browsed into it, found the apk I needed, copied to SD card and moved it back into the right folder. Uninstalled the CM Music first. Make sure to match the Music2.apk permissions to the same as everything else in that folder. After a reboot, I confirmed that the Music app was back and shut down back to recovery. Once in recovery, it tried the update again and it all worked properly! Radio file didn't need to be reinstalled again, but I wouldn't mind a newer one since I'm currently running AUCKE1 cause nothing else seemed to work for me!

Hopefully 4.0.4 will have better battery life! ;)

P.S. My wifi works too!

Last edited:

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
If no WIFI again, that would be EPIC failure from Google LOL

No wifi?????
imgres

blackhemi4x4

Mar 12, 2011
Covington, GA USA
I just finished upgrading my i9020a from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4. Everything is working fine so far.

I did have an issue when upgrading from CWM. When it was verifying the files, it complained about Music2.apk. I had deleted this file from the system/app folder when I first installed ICS since I has installed CM Music app and wanted it to replace the default player.

Luckily I had a copy of the 4.0.3 full zip file, so I browsed into it, found the apk I needed, copied to SD card and moved it back into the right folder. Uninstalled the CM Music first. Make sure to match the Music2.apk permissions to the same as everything else in that folder. After a reboot, I confirmed that the Music app was back and shut down back to recovery. Once in recovery, it tried the update again and it all worked properly! Radio file didn't need to be reinstalled again, but I wouldn't mind a newer one since I'm currently running AUCKE1 cause nothing else seemed to work for me!

Hopefully 4.0.4 will have better battery life! ;)

do you have a copy of your 4.0.3 zip??

vick33

Dec 11, 2010
For me the wifi is perfect. And the browser is now amongst the best. Under 4.03. It was completely unusable..

Top Liked Posts