[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 Stable: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
Just made a backup and I'm gonna give this a try again. Last time I did was when it first came out and was real buggy. I'm on the latest clockwork but for some reason I flash cm9 and I want to restore back will I be able to just restore through cwm or will I have to odin back to stock froyo and root to get back to the phenoix/froyo 2.2 rom?

Sent from Phoenix II Epic 4g

Oh wow. Phoenix ROM. Been a long time since I've heard that name. Froyo has been dead for a while now man, definitely go check out a Gingerbread ROM such as The People's ROM or an ICS ROM like this or AOKP.

Flashing CM9 will convert the partition mapping to MTD which would require an odin flash to revert to BML, the default partition layout used on stock ROMs.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: b1g.p0ppa

Tanju8181

Nov 28, 2011
Tampa
www.youtube.com
That's what I was afraid of....I'm still of that generation because no gingerbread based rom or stock gb works for a particular app that I use to stream stereo to my mono bluetooth headset. I use btmono for that purpose and it worked fine on froyo and even works great on ics....but not gb for some reason....will stream for like 2 seconds then drop off completly and won't reconnect....this is why I'm so eager to get cm9. :) I've tried it before and I liked it....but it was when it first came out before the alpha's even....hopefully this version will be good enough and the I can update when needed.

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
That's what I was afraid of....I'm still of that generation because no gingerbread based rom or stock gb works for a particular app that I use to stream stereo to my mono bluetooth headset. I use btmono for that purpose and it worked fine on froyo and even works great on ics....but not gb for some reason....will stream for like 2 seconds then drop off completly and won't reconnect....this is why I'm so eager to get cm9. :) I've tried it before and I liked it....but it was when it first came out before the alpha's even....hopefully this version will be good enough and the I can update when needed.

This is official CM9 which means it is very thoroughly maintained and tested to be as functional as possible. Forget about the old builds, all of the betas are very stable and run smooth. Take the plunge :)

Jbluna

Oct 19, 2011
Chicago
Loving the update so far but recently I am getting pissed off! My god damn phone's been randomly shutting down for about 7 times in the last 10 god damn minutes...ffs. ugh, any suggestions? Is it the cpu settings? please help

Last edited:

Beezer80

Jul 28, 2009
Loving the update so far but recently I am getting pissed off! My god damn phone's been randomly shutting down for about 7 times in the last 10 god damn minutes...ffs. ugh, any suggestions? Is it the cpu settings? please help

Calm down big guy. Provide a little more info please. You're stock CM9 right? Beta 2? No themes or kernels right? Do certain apps or "activities" seem to make it happen or is it just random?

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago

Sounds like a bad flash to me. Redownload the ROM and reflash. Also, if you're on a custom kernel, avoid flashing it this time around. Doesn't hurt to try. :)

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
You don't by chance have a beautiful widgets widget on your home screen do you? I had this wakelock forever. Removing the widget from my home screen seems to have gotten rid of this little bugger for me.

well after being great for a month MMC delayed work is back with a vengence with me and Beta2... keeping my phone on 50% of the time. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS DAMN PROCESS??!?!?!?!??!!

bit1

Jul 28, 2008

Are you on a different kernel? are you underclocking or overclocking? I ran this for days on stock no reboot but have had a few running marcusant's kernel but that's me playing with OC settings and stuff.

Shiftlock

Jul 24, 2008
www.muppet-modding.com
so every time i flash an update like beta 2 or kernel like nyan, i break the wifi tether. the only way i have found to fix it is to go back, wipe data and reflash. i dont want to have to wipe data just for a kernel flash. any ideas for a quick fix for this?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

webslasher

Jul 4, 2011
Malang
I'm flashing nyan kernel and wifi tether still run fine, imo the wifi tether is still a bit unreliable, since somtime I cant enable it, it just turn itself off.

Anyway is it just me or the stock cn9 music.apk is glitchy and take too many system resources. Try playing a music and opening an app / browsing and I get many stuttering. The freq in voltage control also hit 1200mhz all the time when playing music via stock music.apk. I'm trying using es media player to play the same mp3 file and it was much smoother.

The stock music.apk also list .flac files, but force closes when I'm trying to play it

Generalhead

Mar 25, 2011
I've also been experiencing stuttering while listening to offline music using google play. This has occurred both while other Apps were running and when it was running alone.

I'm on stock beta 2.

kehlan

Aug 10, 2011
San Diego
Beta2 broke the build. I constantly get freezing in numerous apps, battery life has gotten worse (I had managed it to a bearable level on beta1) and it is far from "smoother" than before.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
Ahhhh....so much better this time around. Now if only I could sync facebook it will be perfect.....that's small enough to not notice though!!!! Thanks guys for all your hard work!!!!!!

Sent from CM9 ICS Epic 4G

Download an app called Haxsync its specifically designed to sync FB with ICS roms.

Sent using Asgard technology via Tapatalk 2

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
Only problem I've had so far with Beta2 is that sometimes while playing music it sounds like skrillex is remixing it for like a split second. Anybody else get that? Otherwise, I love Beta2. I'm getting the best battery life I've had in a while, and everything works perfectly.

Sent from my Supercharged CM9 Shadow Epic 4G

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Your rant could be without the few choice words. But you seem to be the only one complaining about the volume being to loud. Just saying it could just be your device speaker.

Could be your speaker was on the way out before you upgraded and that did it.

You are a very knowledgeable person but its already confirmed that the audio is a match to the newest stock build.

Sent from my Awesome CM9 infused Epic.

That guy just always has some problem, he likes to complain and say he doesn't like this, and that sucks, and this is stupid, and fight his opinions tooth and nail while calling other people pushy for stating theirs. I've found it best to just ignore him as he seems to start some kind of argument on every thread he posts.

On the subject, I am very happy for the audio fix. Before I had to use volume+ just to hear my notifications, and that caused me to have to disable voodoo and dsp manager (some say these two don't work together, like zeinu, but I've never had an issue using them in tandem). Now, I am happy to report that I don't even need to turn my notification volume to max when I'm at home to hear it, and it sounds great with voodoo and dsp. I do set it to max when I'm out and about, but I also use a different notification tone when in public, as my personal favorite might be deemed "inappropriate" by some. :D

Again, great work cm team, I came back from AOKP to check this out and decided to stick around. Who knows for how long though. I love the new freedom with all the great development going on. Anxious to see what will happen with MIUI now.

Sent from my fiance's SPH-D700 using XDA

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Only problem I've had so far with Beta2 is that sometimes while playing music it sounds like skrillex is remixing it for like a split second. Anybody else get that? Otherwise, I love Beta2. I'm getting the best battery life I've had in a while, and everything works perfectly.

Sent from my Supercharged CM9 Shadow Epic 4G

Lol, something against dubstep remixes? Huh...HUH???

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Top Liked Posts