[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rbmedic125

Jul 12, 2012
Cleveland
Slider apps (I'm assuming) that first poster is referring to are the ability to add a slide action to the icons on your phone desktop so you can add custom action for the app besides just to open it. They
are usually available with premium versions of launcher apps. So, to the first poster: is your custom launcher still installed and is it set as default? Dumb question perhaps, but have to ask...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Sorry, what I meant was the slider on the lock screen. On it there are several different positions where if you slide to them an app can be opened. On my lock screen the only thing the slider will do is unlock the tablet. I know there is a way to add maybe the camera or contacts to it. The was a way to do it in the previous version of PA but it is missing in 3.0

aaronpoweruser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2007
earth
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.00 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

hello guys
maybe im noob but i've searched this thread and i can't find any mention to the t9 dialer
can some1 help me?

thanks

The rom supports it but I don't believe the n7 supports voice calling.

since upgrading from 2.99 to 3.00 my pie is offset and leaning to the left... any way to fix this, my back button it's like 80% gone

under toolbar there is a center pie option

Sorry, what I meant was the slider on the lock screen. On it there are several different positions where if you slide to them an app can be opened. On my lock screen the only thing the slider will do is unlock the tablet. I know there is a way to add maybe the camera or contacts to it. The was a way to do it in the previous version of PA but it is missing in 3.0

We decided not to add that back, our new implementation shows up under the lock screen widget, you can add shortcuts under the lock screen settings

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

sorun343

Mar 31, 2011
Yup, same here. Since flashing PA, I can no longer use my data connection. There is signal but I can't actually connect to the internet. It worked fine on the stock rom and in Slim Bean.

check your VPN, mine is missing since flashing . I have to key in manually and remember to press the home key to save it when exit.

Mar 3, 2009
Hello everyone,
I just picked up my shiny new Nexus 7 32GB w/ T-Mobile yesterday and I'm loving it thus far. I've always been a fan of ParanoidAndroid, so I had to give this a shot.

Its amazingly smooth and quick to boot, but I did notice one issue.

Has anyone been able to get Google Wallet to play nicely with this? I know Google has issues with rooted phones, but I'm running into "Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network" whenever attempting to launch Wallet. I flashed back to stock and verified it works without issue, so I suspect the problem may be stemming from a build.prop change that Wallet doesn't like.

Any advice would be great as that's the only thing keeping me from using this as my DD. :)

EDIT: Figured it out ^___^ To anyone else that has this problem, look in your build.prop. There is a typo that prevents Wallet for acknowledging the Nexus 7 as a tilapia board.

The default build.prop has:
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=Nexus 7
ro.product.brand=google
ro.product.name=nakasi
ro.product.device=tilapia

Look at the ro.product.name variable, note that there is no 'g' at the end of it. Simply changing it to 'nakasig', saving, and rebooting fixed it and the Wallet is working as expected now. :)

Last edited:

thermbug

Jan 30, 2011
Raleigh, NC
best n7 rom so far

I had netflix and youtube stutter under stock and cm10.1 with franco or M kernel. 4.2.2 nightly is my butteriest n7 experience thusfar. thanks PA gang!

Jan 9, 2013
No usb host support?

Hello,

Does someone using this ROM have problem with USB host/USB stick mounting? I need to know it in order to understand if it is my cable which is not compatible with my N7 or else. I'm about to try it with a different ROM to begin with. Anyone experiencing mounting problems and willing to help is welcome ;)

thank you guys,
you're so doing a great job there

Davie

SirRastusBear

Dec 29, 2011
Holiday,FL

Hello,

Does someone using this ROM have problem with USB host/USB stick mounting? I need to know it in order to understand if it is my cable which is not compatible with my N7 or else. I'm about to try it with a different ROM to begin with. Anyone experiencing mounting problems and willing to help is welcome ;)

thank you guys,
you're so doing a great job there

Davie

No problems here, using an OTG cable and stickmount apk.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Devilman539

Jul 22, 2010
Freehold

For some reason whenever I try to video chat on gtalk the app force closes. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

SirRastusBear

Dec 29, 2011
Holiday,FL

For some reason whenever I try to video chat on gtalk the app force closes. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

What PA release are you on? I seem to recall this being an issue with early release, but being fixed later. I'm not bear my Nexus to check at the moment, sorry

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

amo66

Nov 8, 2012
AW: PARANOIDANDROID 3.00 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

Goo.im offeredme right now the Update!
Download it now, flash it tomorrow morning! :D:thumbup:

ava frater
mit der Tilapia versandt

land.apfel

Jun 4, 2012
I'm having problems with Bluetooth.
It won't activate.

I haven't done a full wipe for some releases.
Could that be the reason?
Does Bluewooth work on your devices?

Thanks in advance for feedback.
land.apfel

FReaKRaNT

Oct 28, 2012
Toronto

I'm having problems with Bluetooth.
It won't activate.

I haven't done a full wipe for some releases.
Could that be the reason?
Does Bluewooth work on your devices?

Thanks in advance for feedback.
land.apfel

Yes it works, you have to flash the seperate BT zip file from the last nightly. I guess they didn't include it in this release for some reason.

Cheers, FReaKRaNT

FReaKRaNT

Oct 28, 2012
Toronto
Reactions: land.apfel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SS%2BCheck.png

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS (You need to flash STOCK one first)

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,

Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION

Ok I finaally found the bug the build on goo is good to go. For those of you that care it was this commit from almost a month ago https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android_vendor_pa/commit/f175f9edb7d25f11281c4be87961473fc5b1fcc0 i checkout out the gnex repos to do some testing last week, and it end up overwriting the broacom lib library, and due to the way i have my repos set up(dependent on grouper folder) compared to the muppets some libs got copied over some didnt. Sorry it took so long to find. I didnt realize what was happening as our repos didnt change
    For flashing in recovery

Flashable zip. Enqueue it after rom, of course :)
    just pushed a new build with rotation fixed