Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
already posted in two threads but what the hell

sharpness along with edge noise can be turned off by sharpness -2

camera samples looks bigger on the iPhone this is because the stupid tester didn't turn off widescreen aspect in the settings menu and hence the One X image turned out less than full 8MPixels

seems a more detailed is resolved in darkness and black thanks to f2.0, it takes a second to burn/contrast these images from the HTC gallery effects menu!

the backlight photo of the girl is excellent

the One X is resolving more details @ full scale crops too

I am actually surprised how close they look! is this the same sensor source? sony?

i see the One X a clear winner, thanks to more detail in darkness, shutter speed and backlight HDR, image contrast is for you to adjust from the camera app or the gallery!

The article concludes

"Overall, whether the One X or the iPhone 4S has a better camera boils down to individual preferences. The One X delivers sharper images at the expense of some noise, while the iPhone 4S delivers better colors and noise control.

Personally, the fast shutter speed and sharper images of the One X feel like the better option."

fi3ry_icy

Apr 24, 2010
HTC One X
HTC Leo
already posted in two threads but what the hell

but color should be a priority too right? im pretty sadden that the shots by the one x look really washed out when compared to the iphone shots side by side.. especially in this shot.. :(

sc001.jpg

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
but color should be a priority too right? im pretty sadden that the shots by the one x look really washed out when compared to the iphone shots side by side.. especially in this shot.. :(

sc001.jpg

banging my head to the table :rolleyes:

camera%20silly%20huge%20%20menu%20sliders-420-90.jpg

iPhone has no settings while HTC gives you the choice...this is the settings menu from a much older device, new one has exposure added plus the gallery allows you to adjust contrast including an auto mode

i guess we should all nag so that in their next phone they remove this functionality and lock down the camera app into three buttons like the iphone: video, still, HDR

in fact why don't we just all go and buy iPhones!

look at the sackboy head and the white/black photo in the background and the painting and the left side of the image, how much detail is resolved in dark areas! thats what f2.0 is all about, more dynamic range!

guys mark my words, this is the same Sony Exmor sensor on the iPhone 4s, f2.0 variant + HTC Imagechip, the images are absurdly close

Last edited:
Reactions: Jobiza

Jobiza

Oct 21, 2010
OnePlus 8T

iPhone has no settings while HTC gives you the choice...this is the settings menu from a much older device, new one has exposure added plus the gallery allows you to adjust contrast including an auto mode

i guess we should all nag so that in their next phone they remove this functionality and lock down the camera app into three buttons like the iphone: video, still, HDR

look at the sackboy head and the white/black photo in the background and the painting and the left side of the image, how much detail is resolved in dark areas! thats what f2.0 is all about, more dynamic range!

guys mark my words, this is the same Sony Exmor on the iPhone 4s, f2.0 variant + HTC Imagechip, the images are absurdly close

I totally agree with this!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sc001.jpg

guys mark my words, this is the same Sony Exmor sensor on the iPhone 4s, f2.0 variant + HTC Imagechip, the images are absurdly close