Free UNLOCK N7105

Search This thread

wildbird

Feb 21, 2009
Thank you OP - successfully unlocked USA AT&T GS3 (JB 4.1.1) (Originally purchased in July 2012 (one of the first officially purchased on AT&T in the US)) and used on German "Tchibo" (O2?) network for several days - saved me a lot of hassles - have a brew on me (sent you a few $$$ ;) - Cheers

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

If we want to unlock the phone with this method is it needed to do with a sim card from the original carrier, or can be done in airplane mode ?
Not sure the SIM card is required. I did it with the original SIM card and know people have done it with an up to then not-working SIM card, which worked after the unlock. Not sure about airplane mode, but I think you can do it without a SIM card inserted.

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Happy to Share that on the T-Mobile S3 SGH-T999 does indeed unlock survived recent T-Mobile Optional Update UDVLJC.

Can anyone kindly post if they have explored the other options other than Unlock ? Any other settings that are beneficial ?

ifti_a

Apr 7, 2010
London
Happy to Share that on the T-Mobile S3 SGH-T999 does indeed unlock survived recent T-Mobile Optional Update UDVLJC.

Can anyone kindly post if they have explored the other options other than Unlock ? Any other settings that are beneficial ?

Same here, didn't touch anything else just incase of a brick

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Same here, didn't touch anything else just incase of a brick

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Reason for my question is this. When I enter the USSD code to Unlock now, I still see the Options regarding the Damned LTE Radio.
(Yes I know LTE has been discussed too many times and this phone's does not have it.)

Xeon_IV

Jul 23, 2006
Chicago
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2

Finley got mine going T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 using my AT&T sim. It does show a red phone in the notification bar saying invalled sim, but does work. I only got it working flashing the original October rom so I could see all the menu items. But works :) Thank You guys :)

genio_mex

Nov 28, 2010
Cozumel
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Finley got mine going T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 using my AT&T sim. It does show a red phone in the notification bar saying invalled sim, but does work. I only got it working flashing the original October rom so I could see all the menu items. But works :) Thank You guys :)

That red icon is because the Wifi Calling is enabled, disable Wifi calling and the icon will disappear.

jkd

Nov 7, 2007
Your Device may be already unlocked. Or you might have done it twice.

Either way, have you tried unsupported Carrier Sim Card ?

Thanks,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G N7105, firmware: JZO54K.N7105XXDMA5

I have tried unsupported Carrier Sim Card, this card is inserted when i tried.

I have done many tries

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Thanks,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G N7105, firmware: JZO54K.N7105XXDMA5

I have tried unsupported Carrier Sim Card, this card is inserted when i tried.

I have done many tries
Can you tell me the exact message you are getting when you power on your Note with that Sim ?

swiftrok

Feb 11, 2013
Edmonton
I was successful performing this on a S3 (SGH-I747M with 4.1.1), thanks!

With my Note 2 (SGH-I317M), running 4.1.2, however I do not have the option #4 (NW Lock NV Data...).

Provider: Rogers
Build: JZO54K.I317MVLBMA3
Version: 4.1.2 (not rooted, stock rom upgraded from 4.1.1 via software update just last week)

I was able to do the rest of the instructions, and [1] PERSO SHA256 Info screen reads: SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG [0]

Is there any other way to finish the unlock without option #4 available?

Cheers!!

Last edited:

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I was successful performing this on a S3 (SGH-I747M with 4.1.1), thanks!

With my Note 2 (SGH-I317M), running 4.1.2, however I do not have the option #4 (NW Lock NV Data...).

Provider: Rogers
Build: JZO54K.I317MVLBMA3
Version: 4.1.2 (not rooted, stock rom upgraded from 4.1.1 via software update just last week)

I was able to do the rest of the instructions, and [1] PERSO SHA256 Info screen reads: SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG [0]

Is there any other way to finish the unlock without option #4 available?

Cheers!!
You know what, if that flag is Zero then you probably are unlocked. Pull the Battery once and after it restarts, try the Sim from another Carrier.

swiftrok

Feb 11, 2013
Edmonton
You know what, if that flag is Zero then you probably are unlocked. Pull the Battery once and after it restarts, try the Sim from another Carrier.

Yeah tried a couple different restarts from that menu directly (after waiting 60 seconds, etc), and restarted several times since -- and Sim's from 2 different carriers still prompt to enter unlock code.

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Yeah tried a couple different restarts from that menu directly (after waiting 60 seconds, etc), and restarted several times since -- and Sim's from 2 different carriers still prompt to enter unlock code.
I have SIII. So any steps from my device may potentially Brick yours. So if possible someone else with a NOTE for a device. Doesn't have to be Canadian. Just check if they have same menu missing. I think I saw some posts back 1 or 2 pages.

swiftrok

Feb 11, 2013
Edmonton
I have SIII. So any steps from my device may potentially Brick yours. So if possible someone else with a NOTE for a device. Doesn't have to be Canadian. Just check if they have same menu missing. I think I saw some posts back 1 or 2 pages.

It seems that 4.1.1 it was there, but they removed it in 4.1.2 (just last week) -- and, naturally, I only decided to travel to the US (and hence looked for unlocking howto) after I upgraded ;)

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.

If you received an update then that's why it's not there. The update takes it away...:(

You'll have to Odin back to a earlier stock release. Then it should b there. Cause my buddies phone didn't have that on his either. So I was told that I had to flash a earlier release. And that helped my friend get his unlocked. After unlock then just put what ever Rom, stock software back on your device so you can b current again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jds3

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
It seems that 4.1.1 it was there, but they removed it in 4.1.2 (just last week) -- and, naturally, I only decided to travel to the US (and hence looked for unlocking howto) after I upgraded ;)

If that's the case, obviously Samsung is taking out this option. If so, like BajanMan said, flash previous version using ODIN and then unlock your Note 2.

Speaking of Previous Version, you can find previous Firmwares over at SamMobile. It seems you are in Luck. They have KIES Version of 4.1.1 for your NOTE 2. This should be walk in a park as you don't have to use ODIN. Just use KIES to go backwards. Unlock it and then go back Forward again.

Kindly hit the Thanks button if this was useful.

swiftrok

Feb 11, 2013
Edmonton
Okay guys, yep got it back to 4.1.1 (needing a factory reset), option #4 was there, unlocked, presto, happy happy... upgrading again now to 4.1.2.

Cheers!!!

gsgoraya

Mar 1, 2008
unlock galaxy note 2 i317m

The said message does not work on Roger Note 2 I317m, After clicking the last step PERSO SHA256 OFF phone displays the following screen
SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF=>Not Change

I would appreciate if someone help me on that. Thanks

Please read the whole thread if you can or at least the whole OP down to the bottom before asking questions as your question might have already been answered... Thank you...

############################################

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

#############################################

I can confirm the unlock survives ROM flashing

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...you may or may not leave that sim card on the phone while unlocking

Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1 otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

========================================

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel :cyclops: ...

NOTICE:

To those having "Conditional Call Forwarding" pop up message or similar pop ups appear everytime you make a call (but they disappear within a few seconds), this is normal with an old sim card, or when using a ported number. There is no restriction to calls or internet or whatever. This is confirmed by my provider when I walked in and asked them about it. They even showed me one of their sample Note 2's and S3's having the same message.

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

The said technique does not work on Roger Note 2 I317m, After clicking the last step PERSO SHA256 OFF phone displays the following screen:
SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF=>Not Change

I would appreciate if someone help me on this issue. Thanks

Please read the whole thread if you can or at least the whole OP down to the bottom before asking questions as your question might have already been answered... Thank you...

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...you may or may not leave that sim card on the phone while unlocking

Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1 otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel :cyclops: ...

NOTICE:

To those having "Conditional Call Forwarding" pop up message or similar pop ups appear everytime you make a call (but they disappear within a few seconds), this is normal with an old sim card, or when using a ported number. There is no restriction to calls or internet or whatever. This is confirmed by my provider when I walked in and asked them about it. They even showed me one of their sample Note 2's and S3's having the same message.

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PDF file now attached...

Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (if 4.1.1 does not work, try 4.1.0) otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

NOTICE:

If that's the case, obviously Samsung is taking out this option. If so, like BajanMan said, flash previous version using ODIN and then unlock your Note 2.

Speaking of Previous Version, you can find previous Firmwares over at SamMobile. It seems you are in Luck. They have KIES Version of 4.1.1 for your NOTE 2. This should be walk in a park as you don't have to use ODIN. Just use KIES to go backwards. Unlock it and then go back Forward again.

Kindly hit the Thanks button if this was useful.
    Hey guys, I just wanted to know is this a permanent unlock. I mean if I go back to stock will it reset my sins as well? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

You need to go to church to reset your sins, not stock! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    This is really GREAT NEWS ...

Have anyone tried to see if it still works after the FACTORY RESET.

I did a factory reset on my AT&T model and the unlock was still intact!
    Can anyone confirm that this is a full sim unlock?

I have tried 3, O2, giffgaff, and an Asian roaming sim and the phone have signal and does not prompt for network password like it did before unlocking...