One phone, two SIM (help with question)

Search This thread

tgerbracht

Jan 15, 2008
I'm curious to try T-Mobile's network with my VZW Moto X. I've read that it may very well work ok and I wanted to get a sense of the network in my area by trying this plan:

http://m.cnet.com/news/is-this-the-best-smartphone-plan-ever/57587175

Basically I buy a tmobile SIM, pick the prepaid plan for one month and pop it in. Now here's my question:

1) I don't want to port my Verizon number yet. I'll get assigned a random one right? At a later point can I do a port?

2) Swapping SIM from one network to the other, will Verizon know/care, unintentionally shoot my number over?

3) I plan to use T-Mobile SIM for a few hours at a time and then get back to Verizon for most of the day. Will I need to tinker with apn settings or should this work automatically.

4) Our X has a micro SIM right?

I'd welcome any other thoughts!

Last edited:

Mont

Jan 21, 2013
Monterrey
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm curious to try T-Mobile's network with my VZW Moto X. I've read that it may very well work ok and I wanted to get a sense of the network in my area by trying this plan:

Basically I buy a tmobile SIM, pick they prepaid plan for one month and pop it in. Now here's my question:

1) I don't want to port my Verizon number yet. I'll get assigned a random one right? At a later point I can do I do a port?

2) Swapping SIM from one network to the other, will Verizon know/care, unintentionally shoot my number over?

3) I plan to use T-Mobile SIM for a few hours at a time and then get back to Verizon for most of the day. Will I need to tinker with apn settings or should this work automatically.

Nano SIM

Sent From Moto X

Reactions: tgerbracht
D

Darth

Yeah ....you're gonna be outta luck with the different sized sims. But....you can almost bet the Moto x will have better....or at least the same radio performance than any phone out there. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Oh...that may not be your concern...you wanna compare carriers. K....sorry. lol

tgerbracht

Jan 15, 2008
Yeah ....you're gonna be outta luck with the different sized sims. But....you can almost bet the Moto x will have better....or at least the same radio performance than any phone out there. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Oh...that may not be your concern...you wanna compare carriers. K....sorry. lol

Yeah, I just needed to know which size SIM to order. Any other thoughts about the other questions?

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
The pre-paid SIM will have it's own phone number. Using it will not affect your Verizon account or number in any way. You have to request a number be ported from one carrier to another. It's not automatic.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tgerbracht
D

Darth

Yeah, I just needed to know which size SIM to order. Any other thoughts about the other questions?

Honestly I'm not sure. I've never done what you're going to. Don't see any issue....as long as you have 2 active Sims. :)

Mike7143

Jan 5, 2014
What's this? Is that the catch?
"This plan is only available for devices purchased from Wal-Mart or devices activated on T-Mobile.com"

ewrides

Sep 19, 2012
So did you activate a T-Mobile sim ? I have been wanting to try this as well to see how tmo coverage was in my area. Where did you get your Sim from and what plan did you try?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Basically I buy a tmobile SIM, pick they prepaid plan for one month and pop it in. Now here's my question:

1) I don't want to port my Verizon number yet. I'll get assigned a random one right? At a later point I can do I do a port?

Nano SIM

Sent From Moto X
    The pre-paid SIM will have it's own phone number. Using it will not affect your Verizon account or number in any way. You have to request a number be ported from one carrier to another. It's not automatic.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk