[Q] Models other than N900T for T-mo WIFI call

Search This thread

cognus

Feb 3, 2011
New Braunfels
have a "note classic" that I love. thinking I will also pickup a Note 3. Will any of the other variants of this model [AT&T for instance] work fine with a T-mobile ROM? on my current note, the i717 model and this one are pretty much interchangeable ROM-wise.
I am a HUGE daily user of the WIFI calling app on T-mo net. excellent feature

re: wifi calling

have a "note classic" that I love. thinking I will also pickup a Note 3. Will any of the other variants of this model [AT&T for instance] work fine with a T-mobile ROM? on my current note, the i717 model and this one are pretty much interchangeable ROM-wise.
I am a HUGE daily user of the WIFI calling app on T-mo net. excellent feature

All Tmobile branded phones which have a Tmobile sim card and have a stock
or stock based custom rom/firmware have wifi calling.

Any and all models of phones which are not Tmobile branded will not have
wifi calling and are not compatible with wifi calling even if the phone is
unlocked and or rooted.

Good luck!

cognus

Feb 3, 2011
New Braunfels
understood, but that is only stating the obvious. my question is whether other variants of this same platform are shown to be compatible with the t-mo rom, modified or stock [mine is modified, for instance]. with note-1 and others the answer is yes - some are, others are not. the t-mo rom and modem can be applied to i717 in the example I gave.
wondering if there are any such friendly models of Note 3 other than the default N900T

unlocked and or rooted.

Good luck!

Reactions: youngchris29

youngchris29

Jul 30, 2009
Queens, NY
understood, but that is only stating the obvious. my question is whether other variants of this same platform are shown to be compatible with the t-mo rom, modified or stock [mine is modified, for instance]. with note-1 and others the answer is yes - some are, others are not. the t-mo rom and modem can be applied to i717 in the example I gave.
wondering if there are any such friendly models of Note 3 other than the default N900T

I think I understand what you're saying. The short answer would be no. I dont think you can flash modems from other models interchangeably with the note 3. I could be wrong though. So don't take my word for it 100%. But im pretty sure that the modems are model specific and flashing a modem from a different model note 3 could end in a brick.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
I think I understand what you're saying. The short answer would be no. I dont think you can flash modems from other models interchangeably with the note 3. I could be wrong though. So don't take my word for it 100%. But im pretty sure that the modems are model specific and flashing a modem from a different model note 3 could end in a brick.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yea, just stick to flashing our own modems, usually the newer ones for the note 3 seem to be better in my experience, with the s3 that was different but yea don't flash other carriers modems.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

9005 ROMs are compatible with tmob, but their modems and the firmware base isn't. You would not want to flash a 9005 based firmware modem boot loader on our smn900t. Bad idea. That said, their ROMs, are compatible, some mods etc etc.

Yea, just stick to flashing our own modems, usually the newer ones for the note 3 seem to be better in my experience, with the s3 that was different but yea don't flash other carriers modems.

What I was trying to say is that variants can be ported and
they do work fine if you keep your modem/bootloader BUT......

Here is what I was saying about WIFI Calling, even though the variants
work, they cannot and will never have a WORKING WIFI-Calling and
that's what the OP was asking about.

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis

What I was trying to say is that variants can be ported and
they do work fine if you keep your modem/bootloader BUT......

Here is what I was saying about WIFI Calling, even though the variants
work, they cannot and will never have a WORKING WIFI-Calling and
that's what the OP was asking about.

Sure, you are correct, I was responding to the individual posts, i don't believe I quoted the ops original question, although this is true, I was just elaborating upon some comments that I felt compelled to answer.

bema2525

May 6, 2010
Greer
Hey I have a 900t on tmobile on s5 port rom I added wifi calling to it it pop us turns on the only problem is it says error.ero5 invalid sim any ideas I would love to get this working on the s5 port thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

unlocked and or rooted.

Good luck!