Is the Titan dying?

Search This thread

thejackalsmark

Jul 12, 2010
I'm Starting to feel like Stallone in Demolition Man Reading this thread!!!

Jesus Christ!!! The last post on this thread was Oct 19th 2009?!?! DAMN!
STILL rockin w the ole Mogul as of March 17, 2012!!! Some of you who've posted, might be dead now, for all I know. Or @ least your Titans. lol I am posting this from mine via Opera mini 5.1 WM Native build + Extras. I'm using Ryan Mogul's 6.1 lite rom v1.1 but thinking of testing 1 of the newer 6.5 builds you mentioned or newer. I use TCPMP jan 2011 version from Bimbam I think (tried so many versions I've lost track.) SKINNABLE :) At the moment I'm screwing with theme customizing apps for it. most launchers etc. KILL it's poor ram. using combo of Easy Launcher, HTC Home v2, HomeScreen ++, and majority of time I'll sacrifice HTC home to use my Tempus v13 flip clock on top. kinda crowds my background logo out a bit but my moniker pic's kind of a deal breaker. I RARELY use any other and not for long, when I do use any other. Background OR clock. Top n bottom bars are black via tsk allblack theme. Using DCinobar to hide bottom 1. Would love to make em transparent, but have yet to find easy SAFE way to do it. Need original rom files cause after extracting the needed ones from the nbh file of the ryan mogul rom I flashed, had to hard reset. THANK GOD FOR RESCO BACKUP!!! lol Using a modded Mortscript to switch between 1x and 3g. Will post a coupla screenies in a few. Got a Honey Do list sceaming @ me to be done! lol Btw, to Ryan Mogul and all the others on this forum as well as others like ppc Geeks etc. Thank you for COUNTLESS free programs and knowledge you've shared over the years! I've learned all I know bout this stuff from you and still learning. later, The Jackal.

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Jul 12, 2010
Coupla more things

Here's another screen and the allblack tsk I use to make my bars TRU BLACK.
The taskbar in THIS shot is from the htc black glossy theme. Screen is just stock Today plugins, plus my Tempus Flip Clock. Btw, The reason my ram is so low in this & the other 2 screenshots is I'm listening to music on TCPMP, taking these shots with Capture, Writing these posts & uploading all this/previewing posts all @ SAME TIME! Not TOO bad for a device they were talkin bout tossing in a drawer nearly THREE years ago. I'm also typing all this w pcm on screen keyboard. Hardly ever USE the Slide out one. The IRONY. lol

Attachments

• allblack.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

LargePrime

May 18, 2009
can not help with theams.
But i Do have a suggestion...
1) Get a copy of the stock ROM and flash it.
2) Download, install, run DFS
3) ##diag# and connect to pc. show each of the tabs and print screen them. save the images.

Now you can use this info if you phone dies as a donor for a new phone.

On a side note I have had two titans die on me in the last 6 months.

Jan 6, 2011
Guys,

I just ordered a new XV6800 for Verizon. Is there a link somewhere to the MR.2 ROM, and instructions on how to update?

Again, I am not looking to install custom roms, just want to update to the latest official one.

Thanks

thejackalsmark

Jul 12, 2010
for trysomeothertime

Guys,

I just ordered a new XV6800 for Verizon. Is there a link somewhere to the MR.2 ROM, and instructions on how to update?

Again, I am not looking to install custom roms, just want to update to the latest official one.

Thanks

Here is EVERYTHING you could want to know about this phone.

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=384&order=desc

Happy Reading! lol
As for flashing, Easiest way is via 2gb OR LESS storage card. I use a 512mb transend card solely for this purpose.
make sure you've UNLOCKED phone FIRST! I use Olipro 2.4 (Google it)
take the nbh file of your intended rom and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh and put on root of card. Then put phone into bootloader mode by pressing power, camera, and stylus in soft reset hole, ALL AT SAME TIME. hold till you see tri color screen go grey. you should then see "Checking" on screen. after it finds file it'll say splash1, splash2, and os, with instructions. just press power button again to flash. When it's done, just soft reset.
!!!WARNING!!! THIS WILL ERASE ANYTHING YOU HAD ON PHONE MEMORY BEFORE THE FLASH!!!
BACKUP EVERYTHING FROM MAIN PHONE MEMORY YOU WANT TO KEEP!!! I use Resco Backup. Not free, but WORTH IT'S WEIGHT IN GOLD! You can also reflash JUST new splash screens (the first two screens that appear on power on) in this manner. There are great tutorials for this on the forum. just search. I'll probly post intructions and what I use later. short on time at moment. (side note: As for Resco Backup, and MANY other apps, for that matter, If you're poor, LIKE ME, *ahem* "Google Is Your Friend!" lol Nuff said)
Hope this helps and that link should save you from getting flamed, for asking alot of noob questions. :) -The Jackal

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

2) Download, install, run DFS

What are the advantages to using DFS or similar vs using backup utilities like Resco Backup, Sprite Bacup, etc? Read through some threads on it real quick, and seems like a pain vs the backup utilities. Is it more reliable? Am currently using a backup I made w RB from like 20 resets/restores ago (lol I Experiment w my poor Mogul ALOT) n No problems SO FAR. (Now I've probably jinxed it. lol)

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Umm, just Googled for your MR.2 rom but it's an android build, not Windows Mobile. You can still use it by putting it on storage card and using "Haret.exe" Again Google it.
for best results, partition your storage card w ext2 or ext3 partitions before putting on card. Again this forum has great tutorials for all this. DON'T try to flash it to the titan's "nand" memory! this phone doesn't have enough Ram (only 64mb) to make it worth it. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

LargePrime

May 18, 2009
What are the advantages to using DFS or similar vs using backup utilities like Resco Backup, Sprite Bacup, etc? Read through some threads on it real quick, and seems like a pain vs the backup utilities. Is it more reliable? Am currently using a backup I made w RB from like 20 resets/restores ago (lol I Experiment w my poor Mogul ALOT) n No problems SO FAR. (Now I've probably jinxed it. lol)
DFS backs up settings so you can use it as a donor for a newer phone if it dies

Jan 6, 2011
Old GPS page for XV6800?

I appreciate everyone's reply. I got my brand new never opened XV6800 a few days ago. It turns out I already have the MR.2 ROM pre-installed. I wanted to enable the internal GPS receiver, but all forum activity points me to the page

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=TitanGpsFix

where supposedly all step by step instructions are located. I cannot get to that page - it seems that it may have been deleted. I made a request at the wiki migration project page

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/XDA-Developers:Page_migration_project

but do not know when and if the page will be reinstated with all of the required files to install GPS. Could anyone please help me out here? I am looking to enable the GPS on the Verizon XV6800, and wanted to either get clear instructions on how to enable it on the stock ROM, or how to flash it to a custom ROM and enable it that way. I know both are possible, but I would prefer the stock ROM way, since I have never custom flashed my phone, and have no idea how to do it.

Thanks a lot for your help, and its great to see that there is still some activity here.

thejackalsmark

Jul 12, 2010
Just outta curiousity, what does it say under Settings, System, About, for the build number of your rom?

Jan 6, 2011
Just outta curiousity, what does it say under Settings, System, About, for the build number of your rom?

Radio: 3.37.78
ROM: 3.57.605.2

The main problem is that the old wiki page, which supposedly had detailed directions and all of the required files, redirects me to the main page of the new xda wiki. I have no idea who to contact to possibly get the information from that page.

It would be nice to get GPS working on this thing. It seems like even those on the stock MR2 ROM had success in doing so.

I appreciate your help.

thejackalsmark

Jul 12, 2010
This should give you that GPS, plus better phone signal to boot

Radio: 3.37.78
ROM: 3.57.605.2

It would be nice to get GPS working on this thing.

Unzip the attatched nbh file, and place on root of 2gb or less Fat32 formatted micro sd card,(non hc if possible. If the phone came with a **** 512 mb card like mine did, that's PERFECT.) as it is titled and after unlocking phone from pc with olipro 2.40, DISCONNECT PHONE FROM PC,(A soft reset right here might not hurt.) Put card in phone, put phone into bootloader mode. After it says "Checking" and finds file, just press the power button to flash the new radio to phone. Then SOFT reset. This should not hard reset the phone BUT Just in case, ALWAYS BACKUP ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE ON PHONE'S MAIN MEMORY BEFORE DOING THESE KINDS OF OPERATIONS. This nbh file is the latest official titan radio. Somewhat of an upgrade from the 1 that came stock. This should fix your GPS issues. The radio is compatible no matter who your service is through or what rom you have flashed. btw, What I was looking for is the number AFTER the word "BUILD" on the settings,system,about page. for instance, mine's: (Build 20275).
Also, I've included: Olipro 2.40,(Install to pc) the Titan radio rom, 7zip(This 1's a cab you can install and use on phone) to unzip all this, lol
plus a coupla extras you should find most useful: Opera mini 5.1, for surfing the web just like desktop browser, and quick menu start menu replacement. EXTREMELY USEFUL! (I use the "Hibernate" feature CONSTANTLY to regain my ram.( BETTER than Oxios IMHO.) As for that wiki page, I searched on it for a titan kitchen to cook my own rom and there was nothing there. I feel your pain on that one. That Titan development link I gave a few posts back is the best I can do for ya on that 1. Beyond that, All I can tell you is do what I do: "Google". Another great forum for info on this and many other phones is PPCGEEKS. Between this forum and theirs, there isn't MUCH left to question about this phone, customizing or adding various apps. Oh yeah, Any other questions just ask. Hope this helps.
If it does, please feel free to hit the "Thank You" button. :)

EDIT: Since your phone Came shipped with an ANDOID rom, The CAB files I uploaded are probly USELESS to you. arrrgh! You can still use olipro to unlock and Install radio via sd card, but you'll probly have to find apk versions of 7zip, Opera Mini, and Quick Menu. Sorry, Forgot yours shipped with android. First time I've heard of that. That MR2 rom is like 118 mb or so. doesn't leave the phone much room to breathe with only 64 mb of ram and ABOUT 156 mb of usable phone storage out of the box. Are we sure we're talking bout the SAME phone? There's some NEW remake of the Titan that I've seen online. Is it THAT 1 you have or The REALLY old ORIGINAL that THIS thread is about? I've attatched a pic of the 1 this thread is about.

Attachments

• Titan_Radio_ROM_3.42.50.Alltel.rar
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 7zip.cab
    820.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Quick.Menu.v2.8.414.1614.cab
    182.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2011
Unzip the attatched nbh file, and place on root of 2gb or less Fat32 formatted micro sd card,(non hc if possible. If the phone came with a **** 512 mb card like mine did, that's PERFECT.) as it is titled and after unlocking phone from pc with olipro 2.40, DISCONNECT PHONE FROM PC,(A soft reset right here might not hurt.) Put card in phone, put phone into bootloader mode. After it says "Checking" and finds file, just press the power button to flash the new radio to phone. Then SOFT reset. This should not hard reset the phone BUT Just in case, ALWAYS BACKUP ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE ON PHONE'S MAIN MEMORY BEFORE DOING THESE KINDS OF OPERATIONS. This nbh file is the latest official titan radio. Somewhat of an upgrade from the 1 that came stock. This should fix your GPS issues. The radio is compatible no matter who your service is through or what rom you have flashed. btw, What I was looking for is the number AFTER the word "BUILD" on the settings,system,about page. for instance, mine's: (Build 20275).
Also, I've included: Olipro 2.40,(Install to pc) the Titan radio rom, 7zip(This 1's a cab you can install and use on phone) to unzip all this, lol
plus a coupla extras you should find most useful: Opera mini 5.1, for surfing the web just like desktop browser, and quick menu start menu replacement. EXTREMELY USEFUL! (I use the "Hibernate" feature CONSTANTLY to regain my ram.( BETTER than Oxios IMHO.) As for that wiki page, I searched on it for a titan kitchen to cook my own rom and there was nothing there. I feel your pain on that one. That Titan development link I gave a few posts back is the best I can do for ya on that 1. Beyond that, All I can tell you is do what I do: "Google". Another great forum for info on this and many other phones is PPCGEEKS. Between this forum and theirs, there isn't MUCH left to question about this phone, customizing or adding various apps. Oh yeah, Any other questions just ask. Hope this helps.
If it does, please feel free to hit the "Thank You" button. :)

EDIT: Since your phone Came shipped with an ANDOID rom, The CAB files I uploaded are probly USELESS to you. arrrgh! You can still use olipro to unlock and Install radio via sd card, but you'll probly have to find apk versions of 7zip, Opera Mini, and Quick Menu. Sorry, Forgot yours shipped with android. First time I've heard of that. That MR2 rom is like 118 mb or so. doesn't leave the phone much room to breathe with only 64 mb of ram and ABOUT 156 mb of usable phone storage out of the box. Are we sure we're talking bout the SAME phone? There's some NEW remake of the Titan that I've seen online. Is it THAT 1 you have or The REALLY old ORIGINAL that THIS thread is about? I've attatched a pic of the 1 this thread is about.

The phone is the same but for Verizon. It is the XV6800. The ROM is definitely not Android - this is what I believe to be the MR2 version, and its Windows Mobile 6.1. The phone was never opened, and was brand new in box, so it most probably could not have customized to Android. Thanks for your help! However, it seems that your ROM is for Alltell, and I need Verizon. Perhaps the RyanMogul ROM will do? Is it possible to flash that one using an SD card? Seems like the safest way to me! Also, will your unlocker work for that?

Thanks again!

thejackalsmark

Jul 12, 2010
The phone is the same but for Verizon. It is the XV6800. The ROM is definitely not Android - this is what I believe to be the MR2 version, and its Windows Mobile 6.1. The phone was never opened, and was brand new in box, so it most probably could not have customized to Android. Thanks for your help! However, it seems that your ROM is for Alltell, and I need Verizon. Perhaps the RyanMogul ROM will do? Is it possible to flash that one using an SD card? Seems like the safest way to me! Also, will your unlocker work for that?

Thanks again!

Youre right on the rom. after more searching, realized had confused MR2 for something else. sorry. HERE'S how to fix that gps:
xdaforums.com/
showpost.php?
p=3687027&postcount=144

again my bad on the rom confusion. I thought it sounded odd that they'd ship an old titan w an android rom. lol good news is easy fix. and that alltell radio is official titan latest radio. should give you up to date gps (after fix in link) and better signal also. (regardless of carrier or rom.) I'm on boost mobile's cdma using that radio just fine. If you don't already have opera mini n Quick menu installed, I highly recommend them. and definitely try out the various light n heavy roms on the ryan mogul thread you were on. I've used several, n they each have their own benefits. but all work great.

lzblt

Dec 27, 2006
GPS on Titan

You can do this without flashing a new rom. Search for Valhalla_Legends_GPSServer.cab. Works with both MR1 and MR2 roms.

Jan 6, 2011
You can do this without flashing a new rom. Search for Valhalla_Legends_GPSServer.cab. Works with both MR1 and MR2 roms.

The latest I could find was a 2009 edition. I followed the registry setup on one of the threads and it did not work for me. Do you have the latest file somewhere, and settings that work now in 2012?

Do I need anything other than the Valhalla GPS file?

Thanks!