[APP] [NEWS] Google Drive on HOX - Now Available! :D

Search This thread

rajitsingh

Jul 19, 2010
New Delhi
Just unlocked my HOX and saw that their was an update notification.

It was Google Drive!!! :D

Apparently, the Docs app has been updated to Google Drive.

Still exploring. More to follow.

Update 1: You get 5 gigs of storage space to begin with.
Update 2: It is ICS optimized (no annoying 3 dots). Why the Docs app wasn't optimized becomes clear now.
Update 3: The app is a bit rough around the edges. Stuttery scrolling and some low-res graphics.
Update 4: Drive supports upto 30 different file formats. Some (like PSDs) cannot be previewed by the app but can be in the web version.

Last edited:

qpop

Jun 25, 2008
Me too, but when you have 49GB for free on Dropbox, why bother? :p

rajitsingh

Jul 19, 2010
New Delhi

Simple - Docs. That's my primary office suite. And I'm sure it will have a lot of other (free or otherwise) goodies to offer as well. Basically the ability to sync with all of Goog's services.

Also, Collaborative editing - A boon for people like me.

Support for 30 different types of file in the browser – including Photoshop and Illustrator files

Upto 16TB of purchasable space

It could go on and on... ;-)

Last edited:

captainreynolds

Mar 7, 2011

How is this accomplished, I need this.

Not to get off topic, but I will probably be getting Google Drive, as I do use Google docs quite extensively when working with teams. Looks pretty cool!

You mention that only 30 types of files are "compatible" with Google Drive. Do you mean that only 30 file types are viewable, or only up-loadable?

ghassir

Aug 17, 2010
My Home
Hi everybody;
My G-Drive does not display my content on my GSII? anyone has this issue? It shows on my PC...

novak84

Jan 25, 2010
Tried Drive but it is not a patch on the dropbox app.

yeah i didnt want to get off topic but i thought we only got 25gb with dropbox, how did you get the other 25gb?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just unlocked my HOX and saw that their was an update notification.

It was Google Drive!!! :D

Apparently, the Docs app has been updated to Google Drive.

Still exploring. More to follow.

Update 1: You get 5 gigs of storage space to begin with.
    Update 2: It is ICS optimized (no annoying 3 dots). Why the Docs app wasn't optimized becomes clear now.
    Update 3: The app is a bit rough around the edges. Stuttery scrolling and some low-res graphics.
    Update 4: Drive supports upto 30 different file formats. Some (like PSDs) cannot be previewed by the app but can be in the web version.