[Q] Recommend me a replacement AT&T phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

urbex

Mar 22, 2008
I'm in the market for a replacement AT&T phone...doesn't have to be new, but does have to be fully compatible with AT&Ts data system, as in I don't want to give up 4G. I currently have an Inspire 4G, and overall I'm happy with the phone, but it lacks in two catagories - availability of a proper car dock, and some way of extending battery life.

Prior to this I had an HD2, and was quite happy with it. When I switched to AT&T, I took the Inspire as it appeared to basically be an HD2 for the AT&T system. My fault for not thinking about it, and realizing that I wouldn't be able to use my HD2 extended batteries and cradles. Oops. :D

The battery in my Inspire is on it's last legs now (I get about 2 hours out of a charge now without actually using the phone), and it's got me thinking about replacing the phone instead of buying a new battery.

I've looked over at places like phone arena/phone scoop, and they cover the basic specs of the phones, but they don't notate accessory availability, or user experience satisfaction, especially in my key areas of battery expandibility or the dock/cradle thing. So I was hoping I might be able to get some recommendations here for some phones to look at.

My three key, absolutely must have features are:
- AT*T 4G (LTE would be nice, but not absolutely required..I'm OK with the speeds I'm currently getting on my Inspire), I'm also locked into contract with AT&T for another year, so going to a different carrier is not an option at this point.
- Some way of having extended batteries. Thicker battery with different battery door like my HD2 would be fine, or even going to something like the cases with the built in batteries such as the Powerskin or Boostcase. I actually like the extra thickness, and find it easier to hold the phone.
- Proper car dock. By proper I mean meant for the phone, with a secure hold, with USB/Power and audio pass through built in. As opposed to any number of "universal" style that's adjustable for many phones, and I still have to plug in the power/usb and audio cables every time. Yes, I realize this seems trivial, but I really dislike having cables dangling in the vehicle when they're not being used.

I'm not attached to any one manufacturer, though I would prefer to stay with an Android device. Is this possible, or am I stuck with the iphone on this one?

Mr.Mischief

Mar 26, 2011
AUburn
The top three phones on AT&T are the iPhone 5, HTC One X+, and Galaxy S III.

All of them have LTE and good battery life.

Battery life rankings would be oPhone 5 > HTC One X+ > Galaxy S III.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.