[Q] Unroot and restore Kindle Fire 2

Search This thread

tiltsux

Oct 2, 2012
I rooted the wifes Kindle Fire 2 with the guide [Hack] Kindle Guide for Transformation to Android Tablet. and now she's decided she wants it back to stock.

My problem is this part..

5. Fix Kindle Reader

This will delete kindle's original app for ever back up kindle app somewhere to restore

Go to system/app and save kindleforoter apk somewhere on your kindle and then delete it from system/app
Reboot device
Install Kindle Reader from Play Store

I backed up kindleforoter apk but can't find it anywhere now, so I don't know what steps to take to unroot and restore it to factory without messing it up.

Can anyone give me a link to the file and also whats the best way to unroot and restore factory settings?

Thanks

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Unroot and restore Kindle Fire 2

I rooted the wifes Kindle Fire 2 with the guide [Hack] Kindle Guide for Transformation to Android Tablet. and now she's decided she wants it back to stock.

My problem is this part..

I backed up kindleforoter apk but can't find it anywhere now, so I don't know what steps to take to unroot and restore it to factory without messing it up.

Can anyone give me a link to the file and also whats the best way to unroot and restore factory settings?

Thanks

tiltsux,

I am not sure this was solved, if it was great, if not, please look here to recover your Kindle using:

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version