[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos European 3G (GSM) Nightlies (umts_everest/MZ601)

Search This thread

nec_d

Jun 6, 2010
Hi again,

i'm attaching some logcats (for radio and main) regarding the 3G data connection failure, especially in areas with low signal / fast cell switching.

It seems that due to timing problems when taking new ip and executing the "route add" command the ppp0 interface routing fails.

a workaround is to switch on/off the mobile data switch, or go to airplane mode and then back.

thanks!

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-04-16-14-31-33+0300-main.txt
    53.8 KB · Views: 17
  • alogcat.2012-04-16-14-34-24+0300-radio.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 11

Slinky Wizard

Jul 2, 2007
Glad to see it's not just me!

Yes, data does stall completely to answer the question. I know that the CNA ROM doesn't have the same problem with GSM, however the USB port is completely non-functional in their latest ROM, and I prefer the EOS ROM!

Hopefully from those logs it is just a timing issue with the order things come back up after some signal loss situations, and an easy fix. Oddly enough though, I'm on the train now and haven't had to toggle data despite going through normally dodgy areas...

1st_Xypher

Jul 19, 2008
Hi there,

When in Google Play Market i see prices in euro. This is correct. But when trying to buy sth gplay shows dollar as currency and iam not able to purchase sth.
I edited the build props for 'branding' to my porvider. But how do i get euro as currency when in payment screen.

Last edited:

tnfsmith

Jul 9, 2010
LongXuyen
lequocthai.com
Yes, I downloaded and tested checked in Settings>About>build number just was #61 instead of #62 as release version. Other way thanks this work.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk

braso

Jul 14, 2010
Snowy Mountains NSW Australia
Is anyone else having performance issues with some games? I have been changing the governor to 'performance' and running CK Zombies with horrible lag. The only fix is to reboot and shut down a couple of running apps. Very annoying. I've uninstalled a few non-essential apps with the same result.

Craxx

Feb 16, 2005
Team eos PLEASE delete the Titanium Backup from Rom!!! When you byed the app you must delete the app in rom and install after in play store, otherwise you can't use it. That is STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!

Many people post that - so DELETE IT !!!!!!!!

One question:
In goomanager i could not save to mnt/external1/directory it is not writible? With filemanager there is no problem!

Craxx

Gesendet von meinem MZ601 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Gynlemon

Jul 31, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
at a distance of one day .. Today is the # 63 and exit at the same download nightlies is also ticked the "Eos-20-umts_everest_cornerstone" what is it?
Thanks ..

tsimpoyris

Jan 12, 2008
Antiparos/Athens
I was wondering the same thing:

What's the difference between nightlies and cornerstone? :confused:

The cornerstone builds contain Cornerstone...
Cornerstone Video

Team EOS cornerstone builds, discussion etc...
[ROM] Team EOS cornerstone builds

I've tried Cornerstone build #14 on my MZ601 and it's OK.
A bit buggy and sometimes slow, some random restarts...
It's a great interface for multitasking, even though build #14 lacks the button to swap apps like shown in the video.

PS
Please keep cornerstone discussion in the appropriate thread, thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DoeBoi

RoWeKo

Jan 2, 2011
Konz
One question:
In goomanager i could not save to mnt/external1/directory it is not writible? With filemanager there is no problem!

Same problem for me

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

The cornerstone builds contain Cornerstone...
Cornerstone Video

So if cornerstone is as good as shown in the video, why isn't it a standard behaviour or why isn't it build in ICS from stock?

Does cornerstone have any negative restrictions for ICS as such or does it slow down the device noticeably?

Has anyone got experiences with it? Just too lazy to try it :rolleyes:

Yamaraj

Feb 23, 2011
The Verizon (Tylt) BT keyboard, which comes integrated with the leather case, is recognized as QWERTZ (German) layout, not QWERTY (US) as it should; SHIFT+2 produces ", not the @ it's supposed to. Is there any fix for this?

Solved the problem by copying over the /system/user/keychars directory from nandroid backup of HC 3.2, overwriting the default which comes with EOS, and setting the usual permissions.

EOS devs should take note. Rather than defaulting to German QWERTZ layout, let the user choose. At least provide a CWM flashable zip, so we wouldn't have to mine for layouts in our ancient backups.

Traced the problem to Rivendel's SMS_MMS_SIP mod for EOS builds.

With apologies to EOS developers.

Last edited:

afpapa

Apr 11, 2011
Athens
I have some problems with 720p playback, with several programs (mobo, MX, BS)
After a few minutes it freezes and the app is not responding and FCs.
Some times I have to restart the device to make it go again. To watch a movie it happens 4-5 times.
Is it only me or anyone has the same problem and hopefully solved it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS XOOM​
    ICS 4.0.4 umts_everest MZ601​
    NIGHTLIES​

Welcome to the evolution of TiamatXOOM.

With the AOSP release of Android 4.0 begins the next dawn of the Android operating system. And with this release comes Team EOS, the natural evolution of the TiamatXOOM development team.

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. The launching point for this development effort is the Motorola XOOM.

For the latest news on Team EOS Xoom releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated once every 24 hours and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS Xoom is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/nightlies/umts_everest/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Use the latest available gapps package available from http://goo.im/gapps

*Note - You will need to re-flash G-Apps after you flash an updated nightly build. You can do this before you reboot after the installation of a new nightly.
    Also note that if you are coming from an earlier G-Apps package you will need to wipe prior to installation of this package in order to avoid FC issues.

--

Current Known Issues:
    The signal cluster doesn't show the correct connection type.

Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving. Change logs are generally generated on a daily basis.
    Change logs can be viewed at http://nightlies.teameos.org/changelogs/
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
    Tiamat ICS Xoom kernel
    Support for OC;Under/Overvolt
    Governors: lagfree, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, performance

Kernel Note: In compliance with GPL kernel source can be found at: http://git.tiamat-dev.com/tegra2/tiamat-xoom/

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery (Solarnz R4c, Rogue, Clockwork)
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY Honeycomb based rom (this includes all Tiamat roms)

Please note that due to fundamental changes Google has made to the way Android works there are certain issues that cannot be resolved without additional components from Google and the hardware manufacturers.

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

FEATURE REQUESTS!
    We need YOU, yes YOU to help us build the best AOSP rom out there. Have an idea for a feature you want to see implemented then let us know!
    Team EOS Feature Request

Changing the Stock Motorola Dual Core Boot Logo Splash Screen:
    While not a necessary feature of the Team EOS ICS builds make sure you check out the Team EOS Motorola Xoom Boot splash utility in the Android Market:

EOS Motorola Xoom Boot Splash

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

Welcome to the XOOM evolved. Welcome to Team EOS.

Special thanks to ydaraishy. Without his/her help, we would currently not have this rom.
    WTF? The one most abandoned by Motorola gets abandoned here too?

So we cant hope for a jb mz601??

Gesendet von meinem MZ601 mit Tapatalk

Christ, don't all get your panties in a bunch at the same time!

Yes, there were some abandoned patches in gerrit. Does this mean that I've abandoned support for your device? NO.

I will be working on getting stingray_cdma working first. It is likely that the changes I make to get this working will have a flow on effect to umts_everest.
    What will not help is *****ing and whining in this thread.
    Some people seem to thing they're entitled to having EOS on their device. Let me remind you that if I dropped support for this device it would have no consequences for me. I'm not paid to work on EOS, I do it for enjoyment. If I'm no longer enjoying it, then why should I bother?

Last but not least, remember, things take time. Jelly Bean has been out for less than a week, and all of us in Team Eos have other commitments that sometimes take precedence over working on the rom.
    82 is out, no changelog but is JB 4.1.1 !!!

It's been pulled.
    There will be a JellyBean thread when it is ready for use.

Edit: I know you guys are excited for JellyBean, however please remember a few things.
    - Wingray builds will work on your device, just without any 3g connectivity
    - Things take time. There are no developers for umts_everest, and we don't have easy access to the device, so debugging and progress is slow
    - The rom isn't the highest priority in our lives - we're not paid to produce it.

Take care.

P.S please don't ask for an eta.
    New google apps - 10.5
    no wipe required.

commit 4815c4eb68419d1b61f7aff34264fd214e1ff25f
    Date: Thu Feb 2 17:41:29 2012 +1100

Revert to v9 Google Backup Transport.

commit 9f7bff275dbc90227b725ed57b9064739d07df70
    Date: Thu Feb 2 17:42:25 2012 +1100

Update Music2.apk to the latest version.

commit 12d27c47729cd7261b72123c7926e27778638f5c
    Date: Thu Feb 2 21:11:44 2012 +1100

Bring in more google applications to the data partition

- Moved Google Books from /system to /data

New applications included:
    - Google Currents
    - Google+
    - Google Maps
    - Google Street View
    Here too... I can't instal latest nightly too, without full wipe so I switched back to 1.0.0 release for now (which has deep sleep issue too)

I believe I have found the source off all the wifi sleep issues. As it stands now, wifi is completely borked imo. Should have issues fixed shortly.