[Rom]Kindle Fire 2nd Generation Rom Update Version 10.2.6(2013-01-26)

Search This thread

chronicfathead

Mar 23, 2008
Sleaford, Lincs
Have just had one bought for me for Christmas, while the Black Friday deal was on. £99 for the Kindle Fire 2, so many people must have picked one up.

Does anyone know how long it took to get root access on the original Fire?

Edit: I see people are managing to get root. Maybe we need a couple of step by step guides that state exactly how people are getting root access. Make it as simple as possible to encourage the community?

Last edited:

ryantek

May 2, 2011
Atlanta
Have just had one bought for me for Christmas, while the Black Friday deal was on. £99 for the Kindle Fire 2, so many people must have picked one up.

Does anyone know how long it took to get root access on the original Fire?

Edit: I see people are managing to get root. Maybe we need a couple of step by step guides that state exactly how people are getting root access. Make it as simple as possible to encourage the community?

I have been looking for something like that. But everywhere I see they are inconsistency on how to obtain root, and Google play access. Also it looks like the kindles updates Amazon has this table locked down to the teeth.

esatchel

Mar 24, 2009
MI
I have been looking for something like that. But everywhere I see they are inconsistency on how to obtain root, and Google play access. Also it looks like the kindles updates Amazon has this table locked down to the teeth.

There was a thread in the forum up earlier this week.....it helped me obtain root access on my KF2, and Google play access.. I don't know why it was removed or moved. It wasn't that hard once I got Win7 64 to recognize the KF2 with the ADB driver.

There was a thread in the forum up earlier this week.....it helped me obtain root access on my KF2, and Google play access.. I don't know why it was removed or moved. It wasn't that hard once I got Win7 64 to recognize the KF2 with the ADB driver.

It was moved to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34779123 by a moderator due to the rules of the forum. But, personally, I think it belongs here.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: lyzpg

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I already had an og kfire and was really pleased with it now that it's running Hashcodes AOSP 4.1.2. I just got 2 new kfires and opened up and started right away to unlock and install the same thing I have on my og fire. Well I soon found out they are gen2 fires and Then I found out there's no development on them yet. :(

Is the gen2 new and development just hasn't gotten rolling yet? I sure hope that's the case.

I already had an og kfire and was really pleased with it now that it's running Hashcodes AOSP 4.1.2. I just got 2 new kfires and opened up and started right away to unlock and install the same thing I have on my og fire. Well I soon found out they are gen2 fires and Then I found out there's no development on them yet. :(

Is the gen2 new and development just hasn't gotten rolling yet? I sure hope that's the case.

Yes, its new and we are working on a permanent root solution, at the moment. No ROMs have been developed yet but, Temp root has been achieved for some and Google Play Store. Hang in there!

Reactions: lyzpg

AkC-Kiev

Dec 25, 2008
Yes, its new and we are working on a permanent root solution, at the moment. No ROMs have been developed yet but, Temp root has been achieved for some and Google Play Store. Hang in there!

Actually, this method don't work after latest firmware update (10.2.3). I'm really sad. First thing, that everyone must to do is disable automatic updates after getting root. But how?

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro

I played around with them for a few minutes and I just decided to send them back. got 2 N7's instead. I was wanting to make them like the n7 and save a few bucks anyway so it just made sense to spend a little more and cut to the chase.

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
I repeat do not try to root 10.24 you will be stuck in a boot loop on fast flashing kindle logo if you happen to have done it like me just slowly go into settings and do a factory reset it will finally restore eventually its so slow make sure the wifi is on it will deregister your device.

zach.xtr

Apr 9, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Anyone know if its possible to flash back to an older version, say 10.2.3? For the life of me, I cannot regain root on the latest update. Every tool I try keeps giving me "permission denied". I even tried some older methods like z4root. Im going crazy here. :mad:

Edit: Nevermind, I got it! Rooted Version 10.2.4

So have two new Kindles with version 10.2.4 and this did not work... After looking through the various .bat and .sh the commands are not much different than what is typed via adb... Can anyone shed light on what is actually getting the root done?

P.S. I had one of the devices root when I first opened it (it was on version 10.2.1) and made the mistake of connecting to the internet before turning off the auto system updates and it freekin updated on my to version 10.2.4 removing root.

drob311

Anyone know if its possible to flash back to an older version, say 10.2.3? For the life of me, I cannot regain root on the latest update. Every tool I try keeps giving me "permission denied". I even tried some older methods like z4root. Im going crazy here. :mad:

Edit: Nevermind, I got it! Rooted Version 10.2.4

this method is not working for me. Can you please elaborate more as to how in god's name you got this thing rooted. I bought one for my daughter and amazon's os is pure $hit. thanks in advance...

alex1q1q

Feb 28, 2009
Amazons OS is the same android but this carusel or whatever... is there any way of changing it without rooting? why did they do it?!

SilentlyScreaming

Feb 7, 2008
Astana
chrismerriman.com
New to Kindle, relatively new to Android, but as to why they did it, pretty simple, the carousel (especially the recommended apps/books/media you see unless the feature turned off) all lead to Amazon's infrastructure. If you buy something through Amazon, the profit is mostly theirs (minus author/developer cut obviously).

If you were using Google Play/other app store/isohunt for APKs, Amazon would see no money. Given the profit margin (or possible loss, depending on model and price it was sold at!) on these devices, they are banking on making money from you with future purchases.

That it is how it seems to me at least, sure others will chirp in should I have mis-read the situation.

(Happily side loading apps, Calibre for my e-book collection, but not yet rooted my Kindle Fire (2nd Gen).)

Must update my sig sometime.

chronicfathead

Mar 23, 2008
Sleaford, Lincs
New to Kindle, relatively new to Android, but as to why they did it, pretty simple, the carousel (especially the recommended apps/books/media you see unless the feature turned off) all lead to Amazon's infrastructure. If you buy something through Amazon, the profit is mostly theirs (minus author/developer cut obviously).

If you were using Google Play/other app store/isohunt for APKs, Amazon would see no money. Given the profit margin (or possible loss, depending on model and price it was sold at!) on these devices, they are banking on making money from you with future purchases.

That it is how it seems to me at least, sure others will chirp in should I have mis-read the situation.

(Happily side loading apps, Calibre for my e-book collection, but not yet rooted my Kindle Fire (2nd Gen).)

Must update my sig sometime.

Spot on. The Kindle Fire for most people is a media consumption device, not a tablet. I don't mind it, and for £99 it was a steal.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

drob311

I finally got it rooted... My daughter didn't like Amazon's app store and I'm too lazy to side load the 50 apps and games she will want... The device runs great and now looks like a "regular" tablet. :beer:

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts