[ROM-3G] r12 *3G* (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
jr3n73gss1.jpg

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom Jelly Bean ROM for the 3G Nexus 7! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROMs

MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROMs are based on CyanogenMod nightly ROMs. While a MCR release is designed to feel like a stock ROM with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience and the aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device, a MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM blends the great tweaks and features of CyanogenMod with the goodness of a MCR to hopefully create a 'best of both worlds'.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have a custom recovery installed. The ROM is installed at your own risk. A wipe IS recommended if coming from a ROM other than MCR or stock. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!

MCR Nexus ROM features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
  • Based on CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies (the aim is to update the ROM every Friday), updated, rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system.
    For this MCR we've compiled a CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly build, updated with all the latest versions of the installed apps, which we've run through our scripts to ensure that it is as optimised as possible both for install / download size and real life performance.
  • De-odexed... re-odexable.
    Our ROMs are de-odedex, giving you the ability to flash other mods over the top, tweak the system and generally get the system set up as you want it without worrying about odex issues. We also include the 'OdexMe' application, which lets you odex your system when you're ready, saving valuable space on your data partition.
  • Pre-rooted
    All MCR ROMs are pre-rooted with SuperSU preinstalled. In addition, the kitchen allows you to choose between secure, insecure and secure with patched ADB boot images.
  • Apps aren't disabled on boot
    Jelly Bean added a feature to disable apps on boot that aren't intended for your region (Wallet, Ears, Magazines etc.). I think we're smart enough to make that decision ourselves right? So that doesn't happen in a MCR.
  • Legacy Play Store
    Isn't it frustrating how Google removed the ability in the Play Store to see which apps you'd bought in a nice simple list? I thought so... so I created 'Legacy Play Store', which has this feature.
  • Legacy browser and Flash
    Google might be ditching the stock browser for Chrome and Adobe might have canned Flash, but we still need to use it sometimes... so it's included in a MCR.
  • Patched Google Wallet
    We've patched Google Wallet to remove all region and root checks, so you can have a play!
  • Facebook sync support
    Google removed all support for syncing contact information via the Facebook app, we put it back. It's basic support (an app like HaxSync is more fully featured) but hey, it works!
  • Alternative appstores (Amazon and SlideMe Market)
    The Amazon and SlideMe stores can be preinstalled, if that's where you like to purchased your wares.
  • Titanium Backup preinstalled
    Once you've flashed your ROM, if you've wiped you want to get your stuff back on as quickly as possible - the option to preinstall Titanium Backup is here to help!
  • MoDaCo Boot Logo
    Wear your MCR with pride with the MoDaCo boot logo. It can be disabled in the kitchen of course if you prefer the more subtle look.
  • And there's more!
    We haven't listed everything here because a) there's too much and B) there's things we've forgotten. :)
MCR Nexus 7 ROM specific features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
  • NFC on screen off
    If you use NFC tags to set profiles or similar, then the option to enable NFC on screen off might appeal to you. Be aware that we haven't benchmarked the impact this may have on battery life as yet though!
  • Stock Launcher with rotate support, Nova and Apex Launchers as options
    The stock launcher, with support for Landscape. So simple! If you're an Apex or Nova fan however, you can choose these to be baked right in to your ROM.
  • LatinIME (stock input method) with enhanced layout
    For some STRANGE reason Google thinks that if you're on a tablet, you don't want to press - hold keys to get numbers and punctuation. This is silly, we put that functionality back.
  • Camera Launcher
    In their infinite wisdom Google removed the Camera icon from the Nexus 7 - we put it back!
  • Disable camera shutter sound
    You can disable the camera shutter sound - use responsibly!
Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
  • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your sdcard.
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card! Remember that due to the 4.2 user changes, you may need to change to the '0' directory in recovery to find the zip!
If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads
Kitchen download
  • an online kitchen is also available below for subscribers to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D
A free prebake is ALWAYS available.

Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not guaranteeing that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :D

P

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Changelog

12th April
  • Update to the latest nightly
5th April
  • Updated all included apps
25th Mar
  • Preperation for use of Xposed framework for modifications in next release
1st Mar
  • All latest app updates merged in
  • Minor fixes
22nd Feb
  • Completely rebased on JDQ39 (4.2.2) nightly with all MCR features and updates merged in.
11th Feb
  • Update to the latest nightly (JOP40G)
31st Jan
  • Friday update to the latest nightly
  • Updated Superuser
31st Jan
  • Updated Flash, Music, Plus and Superuser apps.
  • Reduced nav bar height to match MCR
  • Added Messaging app
30th Jan
  • Prebakes update to latest version
  • All outdated apps brought up to latest releases
  • Numerous small fixes and improvements
25th Jan
  • Updated to latest nightly (tagged 250113)
23rd Jan
  • Initial version kitchen is under development.

Last edited:
Reactions: nunon4

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
r4 is now online in both pre-bake form and updated kitchen! :)

P

Changelog

30th Jan
25th Jan

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Kitchen update! These changes will be in the next version prebake too. :)

P

Changelog

31st Jan
  • Added Messaging app

Reactions: novic_dev

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
I've just done the Friday update in the kitchen, which brings it up to the latest nightly and Superuser is also updated.

Once a few members have baked and confirmed all is well i'll issue the updated prebake!

P

mowlwoorf

Dec 16, 2009
AW: [ROM-3G] r4 **3G** (CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Thanks for your work. Maybe i try this Rom, because im generally not sure to unlock my nexus device... But more features are nice to have. *Args*

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Re: [ROM-3G] r4 **3G** (CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Hey Paul. Just wondering if having tablet ui is on the cards?? Using dirty AOKP now and I just love it. The only thing keeping me from flashing this. :)

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Re: [ROM-3G] r4 **3G** (CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Hey Paul. Just wondering if having tablet ui is on the cards?? Using dirty AOKP now and I just love it. The only thing keeping me from flashing this. :)

Hadn't considered it, but no reason why not?
P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: androidkid311

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011

Hadn't considered it, but no reason why not?
P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Oh sweeeeet!! I really hope you implement it. These other ROMs ain't stable lol. Back to your stock ROM lol.

stfudude

Aug 17, 2010
Egypt
Re: [ROM-3G] r5 **3G** (CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Interested but I want to ask something.

1. Does this Rom have USB OTG native support? (without need for Stick mount app)
2. Future update is given by OTA system or as a manual download from this thread?
3. Are mms and phone app included? Is there SIP calling support?
4. Does this Rom allows users to change nav bar height, or better yet, turn it off altogether? Expanded desktop option is bad because with it we can't see notifications on status bar.
5. Gapps is included or not?
6. Is wifi tethering feature included? What about bluetooth and usb tethering?
7. Does this Rom wipe all data in my tablet during flashing?

Edit: now I understand the concept of this rom. I like the custom custom rom concept but I can't afford to pay $10 annually for it. Pre bake is nice but there are just too many apps that I don't want, that I consider as bloatwares, pre installed. Hopefully when my financial is stable I can try this rom. Until that time comes, I will try other rom. Thanks

Sent from Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Kitchen updated!

As always, will refresh prebake when kitchen bakers confirm all is well. No wipe required, back up before flashing!

P

Changelog

11th Feb

Bunecarera

Mar 4, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
Edit: now I understand the concept of this rom. I like the custom custom rom concept but I can't afford to pay $10 annually for it. Pre bake is nice but there are just too many apps that I don't want, that I consider as bloatwares, pre installed. Hopefully when my financial is stable I can try this rom. Until that time comes, I will try other rom. Thanks

Sent from Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk HD

Seriously dude?
Can't afford 10£ a YEAR for an updated Rom, but can afford a Nexus 7??
GTFO

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
r7, based on the JDQ39 / 4.2.2 release, is now in the kitchen!

Since this is a COMPLETE rebase, it'd be great if kitchen users could test it before I create the prebake. As always, once everything is confirmed OK, i'll put up the prebake.

Enjoy! :)

P

Changelog

22nd Feb
  • Completely rebased on JDQ39 (4.2.2) nightly with all MCR features and updates merged in.

robertm2011

Dec 27, 2011
Re: [ROM-3G] r7 *3G* (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Got my kitchen custom bake, running it with Franco's latest kernel, very fast and stable. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
I've just made a small update to the kitchen - this fixes a FC issue with Play Store services and also adds the Ovivo Mobile APN.

Would anyone be interested in a kitchen option to fix AdBlock again for 4.2.2? This is technically a security hole, but i've had at least one request.

P

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jr3n73gss1.jpg

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom Jelly Bean ROM for the 3G Nexus 7! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROMs

MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROMs are based on CyanogenMod nightly ROMs. While a MCR release is designed to feel like a stock ROM with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience and the aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device, a MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM blends the great tweaks and features of CyanogenMod with the goodness of a MCR to hopefully create a 'best of both worlds'.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have a custom recovery installed. The ROM is installed at your own risk. A wipe IS recommended if coming from a ROM other than MCR or stock. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!

MCR Nexus ROM features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
    • Based on CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies (the aim is to update the ROM every Friday), updated, rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system.
      For this MCR we've compiled a CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly build, updated with all the latest versions of the installed apps, which we've run through our scripts to ensure that it is as optimised as possible both for install / download size and real life performance.
    • De-odexed... re-odexable.
      Our ROMs are de-odedex, giving you the ability to flash other mods over the top, tweak the system and generally get the system set up as you want it without worrying about odex issues. We also include the 'OdexMe' application, which lets you odex your system when you're ready, saving valuable space on your data partition.
    • Pre-rooted
      All MCR ROMs are pre-rooted with SuperSU preinstalled. In addition, the kitchen allows you to choose between secure, insecure and secure with patched ADB boot images.
    • Apps aren't disabled on boot
      Jelly Bean added a feature to disable apps on boot that aren't intended for your region (Wallet, Ears, Magazines etc.). I think we're smart enough to make that decision ourselves right? So that doesn't happen in a MCR.
    • Legacy Play Store
      Isn't it frustrating how Google removed the ability in the Play Store to see which apps you'd bought in a nice simple list? I thought so... so I created 'Legacy Play Store', which has this feature.
    • Legacy browser and Flash
      Google might be ditching the stock browser for Chrome and Adobe might have canned Flash, but we still need to use it sometimes... so it's included in a MCR.
    • Patched Google Wallet
      We've patched Google Wallet to remove all region and root checks, so you can have a play!
    • Facebook sync support
      Google removed all support for syncing contact information via the Facebook app, we put it back. It's basic support (an app like HaxSync is more fully featured) but hey, it works!
    • Alternative appstores (Amazon and SlideMe Market)
      The Amazon and SlideMe stores can be preinstalled, if that's where you like to purchased your wares.
    • Titanium Backup preinstalled
      Once you've flashed your ROM, if you've wiped you want to get your stuff back on as quickly as possible - the option to preinstall Titanium Backup is here to help!
    • MoDaCo Boot Logo
      Wear your MCR with pride with the MoDaCo boot logo. It can be disabled in the kitchen of course if you prefer the more subtle look.
    • And there's more!
      We haven't listed everything here because a) there's too much and B) there's things we've forgotten. :)
    MCR Nexus 7 ROM specific features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
    • NFC on screen off
      If you use NFC tags to set profiles or similar, then the option to enable NFC on screen off might appeal to you. Be aware that we haven't benchmarked the impact this may have on battery life as yet though!
    • Stock Launcher with rotate support, Nova and Apex Launchers as options
      The stock launcher, with support for Landscape. So simple! If you're an Apex or Nova fan however, you can choose these to be baked right in to your ROM.
    • LatinIME (stock input method) with enhanced layout
      For some STRANGE reason Google thinks that if you're on a tablet, you don't want to press - hold keys to get numbers and punctuation. This is silly, we put that functionality back.
    • Camera Launcher
      In their infinite wisdom Google removed the Camera icon from the Nexus 7 - we put it back!
    • Disable camera shutter sound
      You can disable the camera shutter sound - use responsibly!
    Changelog

Please see the post below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your sdcard.
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card! Remember that due to the 4.2 user changes, you may need to change to the '0' directory in recovery to find the zip!
    If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads
    Kitchen download
    • an online kitchen is also available below for subscribers to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D
    A free prebake is ALWAYS available.

Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not guaranteeing that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :D

P
    r9 is now online in both the kitchen AND the prebake! :)

Apologies for the delay in the new release.

P
    The r6 prebake is now online! :)

The next update will probably come as 4.2.2 is merged into CM.

P
    Changelog

12th April
    5th April
    25th Mar
    • Preperation for use of Xposed framework for modifications in next release
    1st Mar
    • All latest app updates merged in
    • Minor fixes
    22nd Feb
    11th Feb
    31st Jan
    • Friday update to the latest nightly
    • Updated Superuser
    31st Jan
    • Added Messaging app
    30th Jan
    25th Jan
    23rd Jan
    • Initial version kitchen is under development.
    r12 is now in the kitchen ready for testing. :)

P