[Q] How to Root LG G2 on a Mac

Search This thread

sirmims

Aug 27, 2010
Haven't used adb before, but I'm no noob to rooting /flashing. I got adb installed and working on my computer now (running Ubuntu). After I launch adb in the terminal, then I just type these commands? (copy paste?)

Im wondering also I entered all the commands and pushed superuser apk but then what do I do next?

ATHM50

Jan 5, 2012
I'm getting two error messages. The first is a line 2 error on the g2 security. The second is 'operation not permitted' for a mount command. Anyone have any solutions?

Also receiving an error on:
Code:
./adb shell "mount -o remound,rw /system

I'll update my post if I work my way around it.

Last edited:

yoitsjustin

Aug 23, 2013
WARNING! This is just what worked for me, and it's just the adb commands from thecubed's program. All credit goes to him, I didn't do any of this, just took the info from it.

Here's the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448887

Download it, unzip it, and then take a moment to go back and thank him if you didn't do that.

You are not actually using his program, just the files and commands. Everything is done using Terminal and the Finder. You must have ADB working, look elsewhere for instructions on setting that up.

The files used here are the Verizon versions of the files, which I used for my phone. They are also specific to the OTA'd Verizon software, "11A" so there are different files if you haven't installed the OTA. These commands are correct, but the files being pushed aren't all the same between different carrier models and do not work with any other carrier. All the right stuff for other carriers is contained in thecubed's program.

The bold sections are files you need to send over adb, you can manually enter the file pathway or drag the files from finder into terminal after the adb commands (and before you type the destinations).

One more warning; if this is your first time using adb or terminal, I don't recommend this as your first try. It's super easy to screw something up in terminal.

Your phone must have developer options enabled and usb debugging on. plug in your phone via usb and select "Internet" and then "Ethernet."

adb push ytiruces_1a_vzw /sdcard/ytiruces_1a

Unplug usb, disable USB debugging and then re-enable it. Plug USB back in.

adb shell "mount -o remount,rw /system"

adb push su /system/xbin/su

adb shell "chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su;chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su;sync;mount -o remount,ro /system"

adb install superuser.apk

exit

I know I'm a little late, but thanks so much for your help! I was trying to root my Sprint G2 on the recent ZVA rom to the ZVC but I needed root since my recovery was acting up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING! This is just what worked for me, and it's just the adb commands from thecubed's program. All credit goes to him, I didn't do any of this, just took the info from it.

Here's the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448887

Download it, unzip it, and then take a moment to go back and thank him if you didn't do that.

You are not actually using his program, just the files and commands. Everything is done using Terminal and the Finder. You must have ADB working, look elsewhere for instructions on setting that up.

The files used here are the Verizon versions of the files, which I used for my phone. They are also specific to the OTA'd Verizon software, "11A" so there are different files if you haven't installed the OTA. These commands are correct, but the files being pushed aren't all the same between different carrier models and do not work with any other carrier. All the right stuff for other carriers is contained in thecubed's program.

The bold sections are files you need to send over adb, you can manually enter the file pathway or drag the files from finder into terminal after the adb commands (and before you type the destinations).

One more warning; if this is your first time using adb or terminal, I don't recommend this as your first try. It's super easy to screw something up in terminal.

Your phone must have developer options enabled and usb debugging on. plug in your phone via usb and select "Internet" and then "Ethernet."

adb push ytiruces_1a_vzw /sdcard/ytiruces_1a

Unplug usb, disable USB debugging and then re-enable it. Plug USB back in.

adb shell "mount -o remount,rw /system"

adb push su /system/xbin/su

adb shell "chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su;chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su;sync;mount -o remount,ro /system"

adb install superuser.apk

exit
    I used parallels installed Windows 7 I could have drove home and grabbed my laptop but that would have been to easy lol.

But now my mom is happy to see Windows android and osx lion on a 2009 MacBook pro I was surprised how well it went I thought I was going to have driver issues or something would go wrong but it was like I was using a straight up Windows 7 laptop. If that program was available for ubuntu a lot if people would be happy campers ?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Any updates? I'm getting an error at adb shell "mount -o remound,rw /system saying Operation Not Permitted

Maybe remound --> remount ?
    Did you unplug, toggle USB debugging off and then on, and then plug it back in?