[Q] BT Trusted Device not activating

Search This thread

Dmtalon

Oct 4, 2007
West Harrison, IN
Does anyone know what system app might control the phones ability to use the trusted devices? I've disabled a few of the motorola things (moto care, device manager and a few others) and my truck's BT is not activating the trusted device unlock. I don't know if it stopped working before/after I disabled the things I did.

I reinabled com.motorola.authentication and device manager (motorola's) but that did not seem to 'fix' it. I know at one time It did work. I tried re-pairing it this morning, but that didn't seem to help either.

Here's the full list of disabled apps/processes I have.

Backup Assistant Plus
Backup Assistant+ Contacts Client
Caller Name ID
Demo mode
Moto Care
MotoCare
MotoCareInt
Motorola Checkin
Motorola Migrate
My Verizon Mobile
Rescue Add-On: Motorola
Verizon Tones
Voicemail.

I reenabled:
com.motorola.authenticator
device manager.

TIA for any help!

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP
Does anyone know what system app might control the phones ability to use the trusted devices? I've disabled a few of the motorola things (moto care, device manager and a few others) and my truck's BT is not activating the trusted device unlock. I don't know if it stopped working before/after I disabled the things I did.

I reinabled com.motorola.authentication and device manager (motorola's) but that did not seem to 'fix' it. I know at one time It did work. I tried re-pairing it this morning, but that didn't seem to help either.

Backup Assistant Plus
Caller Name ID
Demo mode
Moto Care
MotoCare
MotoCareInt
Motorola Checkin
Motorola Migrate
My Verizon Mobile
Verizon Tones
Voicemail.

I reenabled:
device manager.

TIA for any help!

Do you have Exchange email? The policies applied from that can disable it. I'm guessing it would be part of the core Android system since it is (probably) supported by default in Android, not something that Motorola added.

Dmtalon

Oct 4, 2007
West Harrison, IN
Do you have Exchange email? The policies applied from that can disable it. I'm guessing it would be part of the core Android system since it is (probably) supported by default in Android, not something that Motorola added.

I do (and have had) exchange setup since the phone was first setup. But I use EE (enhanced email not the stock email client) and bypass the exchange policy stuff. So, I don't believe that would be it. I saw it working with exchange on the phone.

Thank you for the idea though!

Last edited:

xpsychox

Dec 1, 2011
Marion

Backup Assistant Plus
Caller Name ID
Demo mode
Moto Care
MotoCare
MotoCareInt
Motorola Checkin
Motorola Migrate
My Verizon Mobile
Verizon Tones
Voicemail.

I reenabled:
device manager.

TIA for any help!

My guess is trusted devices... Was listed in my titanium backup... R u rooted?

Slapped my Moto

Dmtalon

Oct 4, 2007
West Harrison, IN
My guess is trusted devices... Was listed in my titanium backup... R u rooted?

Slapped my Moto

I am on a Dev edition, unlocked and rooted. I do have TiBu and DO have a trusted devices listed, but not frozen. I hadn't even noticed that it was in there <sigh>. But being that its not frozen, I would like to think it should work. Thank you for pointing this out.

I'll mess with it a bit tonight in the garage and see what happens.

Dmtalon

Oct 4, 2007
West Harrison, IN
OK, so I got the trusted devices activated. What I did was force stop the trusted devices. I cleared the cache and data. Deleted the BT pair on both my phone and truck.

Rebooted, paired them back up and activated trusted devices.

It connected and activated after keying in my pattern.

Hopefully it sticks this time!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

xpsychox

Dec 1, 2011
Marion
OK, so I got the trusted devices activated. What I did was force stop the trusted devices. I cleared the cache and data. Deleted the BT pair on both my phone and truck.

Rebooted, paired them back up and activated trusted devices.

It connected and activated after keying in my pattern.

Hopefully it sticks this time!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Congrats...have u made an nandroid backup in case of an "oh s*it" moment like that? If so I'd make another..just to b safe...I usually make 2.. One of when I just get root access...and the 2nd after I make all the changes (freezing bloatware adding my apps and changing my settings for system and apps)
And don't feel bad..I only noticed cuz I was in ROM toolbox looking at running apps and I saw it... Then I happen to open xda app and saw ur post... Perfect timing! Lol

Slapped my Moto

Dmtalon

Oct 4, 2007
West Harrison, IN
Congrats...have u made an nandroid backup in case of an "oh s*it" moment like that? If so I'd make another..just to b safe...I usually make 2.. One of when I just get root access...and the 2nd after I make all the changes (freezing bloatware adding my apps and changing my settings for system and apps)

Slapped my Moto

I believe my last is right before I installed xposed. which was before I froze the apps I did. After this works as is for a few days, I will re-freeze device manager (motorola's) and com.motorola.authentication (the two I unfroze in an attempt to fix it) and see if that does anything.

xpsychox

Dec 1, 2011
Marion
I believe my last is right before I installed xposed. which was before I froze the apps I did. After this works as is for a few days, I will re-freeze device manager (motorola's) and com.motorola.authentication (the two I unfroze in an attempt to fix it) and see if that does anything.

Cool...lemme no so if I come across again I can help.

Slapped my Moto