[Q] non rooted, stock firmware galaxy s4 wifi wont turn on.help!

Search This thread

ninetyone

Feb 16, 2014
[Q] bell galaxy s4, wifi wont enable (stuck at turning on) stock firmware, not rootedtore that unlocked it, the wifi wouldnt enable. The widget stays at the dim green, and in the wifi settings, the switch goes to the 'on' position, but stays grey and says "turning on...' without doing anything. I have searched all over the internet looking for a fix, but everyone is saying i have to either flash custom firmware or root my phone. I dont want to do either. Has anyone found a fix that doesnt invlove either of those options, without having to send the phone back? Is there a driver or something i can use to fix it?
I have already done a factory reset andchecked all the dial pad codes. Please help.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
[Q] bell galaxy s4, wifi wont enable (stuck at turning on) stock firmware, not rootedtore that unlocked it, the wifi wouldnt enable. The widget stays at the dim green, and in the wifi settings, the switch goes to the 'on' position, but stays grey and says "turning on...' without doing anything. I have searched all over the internet looking for a fix, but everyone is saying i have to either flash custom firmware or root my phone. I dont want to do either. Has anyone found a fix that doesnt invlove either of those options, without having to send the phone back? Is there a driver or something i can use to fix it?
I have already done a factory reset andchecked all the dial pad codes. Please help.

Flash a factory ROM. But this isn't a "Bell" forum (assuming bell.ca).

A safe thing to do is to install Samsung Kies and use "Emergency Firmware Recovery" to re-flash factory stock. That will return you to stock and hopefully repair your wifi.

You can also flash a no-wipe factory ROM that corresponds to the specific build on your device.

ninetyone

Feb 16, 2014
Flash a factory ROM. But this isn't a "Bell" forum (assuming bell.ca).

A safe thing to do is to install Samsung Kies and use "Emergency Firmware Recovery" to re-flash factory stock. That will return you to stock and hopefully repair your wifi.

You can also flash a no-wipe factory ROM that corresponds to the specific build on your device.

Thank you very much for your advice.

would you by any chance know of a no-wipe ROM build for an SGH-i337M on BELL from Canada? That would help out a lot!

Last edited: