[ROM][8.4/10.5 Wifi/LTE][ALL WIDGETS ANYWHERE] **SuperSamsung V2** [4.4.2][NG2][8/27]

Search This thread

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Super_Samsung_Rom.jpg

So...what does the "S" in our device name stand for u ask? Well...on your planet many may say it means "SUPER" or "SAMSUNG" or even "SKYHIGH" (lol...soon hopefully ;)). Just to be clear i am NOT a dev by any means...only another enthusiastic user looking to make a few improvements to his device so i & others may enjoy it more. I guess i should start out by saying that i created this rom for personal use simply so i wouldnt have to individually reapply every mod after a fresh firmware flash...my main motivation in doing so is to add back functions that samsung saw fit to remove from our tab such as the lockscreen widgets & quadview. So, while i will be open to suggestions to make this a better rom, i'm not actually interested in making it "pretty" with cosmetic changes since my first focus will be function over form...however anyone with expertise in theming is more than welcome to create flashable packages if u would like to. The only thing that has been removed is knox but i'm sure u can find a list of apks that are safe to eliminate elsewhere on xda (u can delete the files directly from the zip or uninstall after u flash)...with this being the first version please dont expect anything too fancy so for now just consider this a "stock plus stuff" WIP & with that being said i will now release for the rest of my fellow TAB S owners SuperSamsung V2!

ROM FEATURES! (see screenshots in second post...basic instructions located below photos)
1. Rooted
2. Deodexed
3. BusyBox
4. Init.d
5. Zip-Aligned
6. No Knox (this is the only thing that has been removed...anything else will need to be deleted from the zip or uninstalled after flash)
7. QuadView! (4-way multiwindow found in 12.2 note pro....thx @xperiacle)
8. Lock Screen Widgets! (FINALLY figured out how to re-enable these...thx @Goldie for the info)
9. Assistive Light Widget (adds led flashlight widget...other apps unnecessary)
10. SDfix (apps can now write to external memory...no need for playstore fix)
11. Floating Multiwindow (mysteriously missing along with the ability to rename shortcuts...both have been added back)
12. Stock Widgets in ANY Launcher! (now use the stock samsung magazine widgets in your favorite launcher or on the lockscreen...see pics in post #2 below)
13. Screen Mirror Fix! (no more broken wifi display with custom kernel/recovery...once again thx goes to @esgie)
14. AC3 Sound (can now play movies with ac3 in any video player...thx to @bodivas)
14. MultiWindow Mods (added the ability to use MOST apps in floating mode as well as more than one copy at the same time WITHOUT needing another app...also automatically adds all apps on your device to the availability list)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!
1. Copy rom to device
2. Boot into download mode, flash custom recovery then IMMEDIATELY hold power, volume up & home to boot into cwm/twrp
3. install zip & wipe both caches
4. Open Supersu & when asked to update "su" binay choose "cwm/twrp" method...device will reboot with full root
5. I suggest installing nova launcher & even completely deleting all touchwiz/magazine apks for smoothness/memory purposes...this step is optional
6. If u need 4 way reboot, call & screen recording, volume key music control, or want to add more apps to multiwindow plus a bunch of other stuff then i HIGHLY recommend wanam xposed module...of course this is optional as well

KNOWN ISSUES!
1. lockscreen widgets can only be deleted in portrait orientation
2. music widget has no buttons & gallery widget is blank when used with other launchers
3. wifi passwords may be forgotten upon reboot...please flash the skyhigh kernel by @UpInTheAir for a fast fix (recommended anyway)

DOWNLOAD SuperSamsung V2 ROM!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463223
^TAB S 8.4 WiFi/LTE V2

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463291
^TAB S 10.5 WiFi/LTE V2

Old V1 links

@UpInTheAir Whats been going on bro...dont know if u remember me but i was the one who ported multiwindow to the tab plus/7.7. Just wanted to touch bases & make this a formal request to include your kernel when u complete it...also i have one feature request if u can find time. Didnt want to pm u because im sure other users have been blowing your inbox up so feel free to send me a message or reply here...whatever is more convienient for u

@edan1979 i remember u being one of the original testers of my multiwindow mod on the P6800 so i just wanted to say thx...i hope that i'm not stepping on any toes by creating another t705 rom but i knew i had one killer feature which users would want (lockscreen widgets) plus a few missing multiwindow extras so i felt the need. So to both u & upintheair i just wanna say....i'm glad we are all on the same device now & look forward to making the most of this tab together :highfive:

Last edited:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
here u go guys...a few photos along with basic instructions

LOCKSCREEN WIDGETS
View attachment 2896482
this is "hd widgets" being shown on the lockscreen...to add more widgets simply swipe right on your clock & u will see the "plus" icon which brings up the list

FLOATING MULTIWINDOWS
View attachment 2896490
not sure how no one noticed this was missing but here goes the floating mode...just "tap" the icon in the multiwindow launcher instead of dragging it to create a new movable/resizable app window (please note that not all apps support pop-up/floating view...however this has been modded in V2 so no extra apps are necessary to enable this feature)

QUADVIEW
View attachment 2896528
this is the 4-way multiwindow mode also known as "quadview" which was present on the 12.2 inch pro tabs...to set this up just drag 2 apps to split screen as u usually would then drag 2 more to any corner and they will highlight/snap in place. Also...for users who didnt know u can save a shortcut with up to 4 apps by touching the 2 lines at the bottom of the multiwindow bar, pressing create, then naming the combination whatever u would like to call it which will then be located at the top of the launcher when u open it

STOCK WIDGETS IN ANY LAUNCHER
photocopy.jpg
although this screenshot APPEARS to be a regular magazine home page in the touch wiz launcher if u look a lil closer then you will notice the dock with the app icons...now all of your stock samsung widgets can be used used in the your favorite launcher such nova or apex as well as om the lockscreen

MULTI INSTANCE
multi-instance.jpg
ok i know what you're thinking...either "exactly how many browser windows do u need" or "how confused are u with all of that contradictory news" :confused: :laugh: As u have guessed...V2 now includes the ability to have more than one copy of the same app open at the same time

Last edited:

riker147

Jul 11, 2011
Hi, I've just tried this rom, I'm still new and how to make the floating windows?
This, plus how do I add lock screen widgets. I'm not seeing it in settings.

Edit: Never mind. Figured out the lock screen.

Edit 2: Just saw the directions in post #1 for floating windows. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

HazyJMac

Sep 6, 2012
Can't wait to check it out! Having trouble downloading it... Is it just me?

Samsung Galaxy SIII / Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
Thank you Op for the Rom!

My WiFi won't turn on -did a clean flash, rebooted a couple of times. Any help?

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Hi, I've just tried this rom, I'm still new and how to make the floating windows?

This, plus how do I add lock screen widgets. I'm not seeing it in settings.

Edit: Never mind. Figured out the lock screen.

Edit 2: Just saw the directions in post #1 for floating windows. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk.

see second post for more info...thx

Thank you Op for the Rom!

My WiFi won't turn on -did a clean flash, rebooted a couple of times. Any help?

well...i was waiting on that since i had been having bluetooth/wifi issues which prevented me from releasing the rom earlier. Most important question...which device are u using (size & type)? One quick fix may be to change the "securestorage" setting in the build prop from "false" back to "true"...it may be that your modem/kernel dont match the rest of the rom which would mean u need to flash the NG2 stock odin firmware before u flash SuperSamsung. Also...which recovery are u using just out of curiosity?

Last edited:
Reactions: glensta

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
see second post for more info...thx

well...i was waiting on that since i had been having bluetooth/wifi issues which prevented me from releasing the rom earlier. Most important question...which device are u using (size & type)? One quick fix may be to change the "securestorage" setting in the build prop from "false" back to "true"...it may be that your modem/kernel dont match the rest of the rom which would mean u need to flash the NG2 stock odin firmware before u flash my rom. Also...which recovery are u using just out of curiosity?

I'm using the 10.5 variant (SM-T800) and yes I had not odined the newer NG2 firmware. I just odined that now and the WiFi is working so that was probably it. I'll flash your rom in a bit after I'm set up. I was using openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-chagallwifi for my recovery. I'm betting flashing the Odin firmware will do the trick.

Thank you :good:

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Good stuff mate. Yes, I remember and thanks again for the work you did for my 7.7 ROM. A lot of users enjoyed it. :)

Just arrived through the door after being away the last month. Will start to look at the kernel in good time. Family and sleep time first. ;)

There might be some issues with the kernel and newer firmware. Still getting feedback to get things narrowed down. ...

There is a feature request in the kernel thread (Web view). Can't promise much as I'm no Dev, but am going to rebase the kernel from another source and with the ramdisk from the latest firmware. Might start downloading now and setup github.

Will also be looking at 10.5" kernel too, so lots to hopefully look forward to ;)

Will look forward to trying your ROM, but for the moment I use and test on rooted official firmware as I don't want to debug the user's own ROM.

In my kernel, I set secure storage to false in the ramdisk and fixes the wifi issue.

Reactions: leojab

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Good stuff mate. Yes, I remember and thanks again for the work you did for my 7.7 ROM. A lot of users enjoyed it. :)

Just arrived through the door after being away the last month. Will start to look at the kernel in good time. Family and sleep time first. ;)

There might be some issues with the kernel and newer firmware. Still getting feedback to get things narrowed down. ...

There is a feature request in the kernel thread (Web view). Can't promise much as I'm no Dev, but am going to rebase the kernel from another source and with the ramdisk from the latest firmware. Might start downloading now and setup github.

Will also be looking at 10.5" kernel too, so lots to hopefully look forward to ;)

Will look forward to trying your ROM, but for the moment I use and test on rooted official firmware as I don't want to debug the user's own ROM.

In my kernel, I set secure storage to false in the ramdisk and fixes the wifi issue.

no problem at all on the assistance with the rom...looks like it might be my turn to phone in a favor in the near future. yeah...i didnt want to touch the kernel in mine because thats actually what breaks the screen mirroring NOT root. As long as u have a factory recovery & kernel it will work ok...also as u have pointed out in the other thread there is a file that can be hacked to enable it but unfortunately it seems that the location still hasnt been found on 4.4.2 exynos devices & i know from personal experience on my lte tab pro with the snapdragon that it only worked with an altered recovery even with the fix...meaning if the kernel was touched then it would still be broken. The guy who hacked our file (@esgie) came up with a simple build prop edit that is supposed to work around that but i had to file an insurance claim on my pro & ended up replacing it with the tab s so i never got chance to test. Anyway...i said all of that to say that its believed that wireless display runs sum sort of checksum against the key/signature of the boot image or perhaps thats part of the same trustzone/secure storage issue as wifi. Speaking of which...I assumed that too which is why i already altered the build prop to false but before that i was running into a weird camera/bluetooth issue which i tracked to knox traces still left in the zip.

@ anyone with a definite answer...a quick question or 2 that are a bit off topic
has someone been able to confirm that the sixaxis app works with our tab through a bluetooth ONLY connection...in other words WITHOUT needing to be plugged into the tab with an otg cable?

Last edited:

killall

Nov 2, 2010
Alba
Google Pixel 7
So is this for T700 or T705? Wouldn't want to flash the wrong thing and break wifi etc. It's not clear in the thread title.

Last edited:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
So is this for T700 or T705? Wouldn't want to flash the wrong thing and break wifi etc. It's not clear in the thread title.
I apologize if i didnt make it clear enough but this is for ALL EXYNOS VERSIONS of the TAB S...if u look at the download section of the first post they are labeled with both wifi & lte

Does it have 4 way restart menu?

I flashed it on my T700 and have no issues. Working perfectly.

Does not

although its easy enough to add i purposely tried not to include alterations that were already handled by xposed modules....well one being wanam in particular especially when u consider all the work it would take to modify & maintain the code on 4 different devices. it does so much & is so good at it that even though i like my mods built directly in ive gotten used to installing it on every new device i own...so with that said if u need 4 way reboot, call & screen recording, volume key music control, want to add more apps to multiwindow plus a bunch of other stuff then i HIGHLY recommend wanam xposed module. If i find that a lot of users are steering clear of this rom because its missing that one feature then i may put it in an update but to be honest i dont see why they would...u will still need to add extra apps to your device for at least multiwindow so i say why not use xposed

Last edited:

radi8

Aug 2, 2007
First of all, great ROM! Thank you for your work!

I have a SM-t705 , the 8.4 LTE version.

I flashed STOCK NG2 and then this ROM and it works superb.

Only one issue: CPU Spy reports that Deep Sleep is never achieved. When it is iddle , it stays at 250Mhz.

Anyone else having this problem? Any clues on how to solve it?

Thank you.

BossJ

Jul 23, 2007
I'm using the 10.5 variant (SM-T800) and yes I had not odined the newer NG2 firmware. I just odined that now and the WiFi is working so that was probably it. I'll flash your rom in a bit after I'm set up. I was using openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-chagallwifi for my recovery. I'm betting flashing the Odin firmware will do the trick.

Thank you :good:

where did you get the file for NG2 firmware to ODIN it? Thanks!

I also am running SM-T800 ... oh and how did you root this?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Super_Samsung_Rom.jpg

So...what does the "S" in our device name stand for u ask? Well...on your planet many may say it means "SUPER" or "SAMSUNG" or even "SKYHIGH" (lol...soon hopefully ;)). Just to be clear i am NOT a dev by any means...only another enthusiastic user looking to make a few improvements to his device so i & others may enjoy it more. I guess i should start out by saying that i created this rom for personal use simply so i wouldnt have to individually reapply every mod after a fresh firmware flash...my main motivation in doing so is to add back functions that samsung saw fit to remove from our tab such as the lockscreen widgets & quadview. So, while i will be open to suggestions to make this a better rom, i'm not actually interested in making it "pretty" with cosmetic changes since my first focus will be function over form...however anyone with expertise in theming is more than welcome to create flashable packages if u would like to. The only thing that has been removed is knox but i'm sure u can find a list of apks that are safe to eliminate elsewhere on xda (u can delete the files directly from the zip or uninstall after u flash)...with this being the first version please dont expect anything too fancy so for now just consider this a "stock plus stuff" WIP & with that being said i will now release for the rest of my fellow TAB S owners SuperSamsung V2!

ROM FEATURES! (see screenshots in second post...basic instructions located below photos)
    1. Rooted
    2. Deodexed
    3. BusyBox
    4. Init.d
    5. Zip-Aligned
    6. No Knox (this is the only thing that has been removed...anything else will need to be deleted from the zip or uninstalled after flash)
    7. QuadView! (4-way multiwindow found in 12.2 note pro....thx @xperiacle)
    8. Lock Screen Widgets! (FINALLY figured out how to re-enable these...thx @Goldie for the info)
    9. Assistive Light Widget (adds led flashlight widget...other apps unnecessary)
    10. SDfix (apps can now write to external memory...no need for playstore fix)
    11. Floating Multiwindow (mysteriously missing along with the ability to rename shortcuts...both have been added back)
    12. Stock Widgets in ANY Launcher! (now use the stock samsung magazine widgets in your favorite launcher or on the lockscreen...see pics in post #2 below)
    13. Screen Mirror Fix! (no more broken wifi display with custom kernel/recovery...once again thx goes to @esgie)
    14. AC3 Sound (can now play movies with ac3 in any video player...thx to @bodivas)
    14. MultiWindow Mods (added the ability to use MOST apps in floating mode as well as more than one copy at the same time WITHOUT needing another app...also automatically adds all apps on your device to the availability list)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!
    1. Copy rom to device
    2. Boot into download mode, flash custom recovery then IMMEDIATELY hold power, volume up & home to boot into cwm/twrp
    3. install zip & wipe both caches
    4. Open Supersu & when asked to update "su" binay choose "cwm/twrp" method...device will reboot with full root
    5. I suggest installing nova launcher & even completely deleting all touchwiz/magazine apks for smoothness/memory purposes...this step is optional
    6. If u need 4 way reboot, call & screen recording, volume key music control, or want to add more apps to multiwindow plus a bunch of other stuff then i HIGHLY recommend wanam xposed module...of course this is optional as well

KNOWN ISSUES!
    1. lockscreen widgets can only be deleted in portrait orientation
    2. music widget has no buttons & gallery widget is blank when used with other launchers
    3. wifi passwords may be forgotten upon reboot...please flash the skyhigh kernel by @UpInTheAir for a fast fix (recommended anyway)

DOWNLOAD SuperSamsung V2 ROM!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463223
    ^TAB S 8.4 WiFi/LTE V2

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463291
    ^TAB S 10.5 WiFi/LTE V2

Old V1 links

@UpInTheAir Whats been going on bro...dont know if u remember me but i was the one who ported multiwindow to the tab plus/7.7. Just wanted to touch bases & make this a formal request to include your kernel when u complete it...also i have one feature request if u can find time. Didnt want to pm u because im sure other users have been blowing your inbox up so feel free to send me a message or reply here...whatever is more convienient for u

@edan1979 i remember u being one of the original testers of my multiwindow mod on the P6800 so i just wanted to say thx...i hope that i'm not stepping on any toes by creating another t705 rom but i knew i had one killer feature which users would want (lockscreen widgets) plus a few missing multiwindow extras so i felt the need. So to both u & upintheair i just wanna say....i'm glad we are all on the same device now & look forward to making the most of this tab together :highfive:
    here u go guys...a few photos along with basic instructions

LOCKSCREEN WIDGETS
    View attachment 2896482
    this is "hd widgets" being shown on the lockscreen...to add more widgets simply swipe right on your clock & u will see the "plus" icon which brings up the list

FLOATING MULTIWINDOWS
    View attachment 2896490
    not sure how no one noticed this was missing but here goes the floating mode...just "tap" the icon in the multiwindow launcher instead of dragging it to create a new movable/resizable app window (please note that not all apps support pop-up/floating view...however this has been modded in V2 so no extra apps are necessary to enable this feature)

QUADVIEW
    View attachment 2896528
    this is the 4-way multiwindow mode also known as "quadview" which was present on the 12.2 inch pro tabs...to set this up just drag 2 apps to split screen as u usually would then drag 2 more to any corner and they will highlight/snap in place. Also...for users who didnt know u can save a shortcut with up to 4 apps by touching the 2 lines at the bottom of the multiwindow bar, pressing create, then naming the combination whatever u would like to call it which will then be located at the top of the launcher when u open it

STOCK WIDGETS IN ANY LAUNCHER
    photocopy.jpg
    although this screenshot APPEARS to be a regular magazine home page in the touch wiz launcher if u look a lil closer then you will notice the dock with the app icons...now all of your stock samsung widgets can be used used in the your favorite launcher such nova or apex as well as om the lockscreen

MULTI INSTANCE
    multi-instance.jpg
    ok i know what you're thinking...either "exactly how many browser windows do u need" or "how confused are u with all of that contradictory news" :confused: :laugh: As u have guessed...V2 now includes the ability to have more than one copy of the same app open at the same time
    I'm thinking of trying to do a modified version of pure stock Sammy with a decent theme and debloating but also a lot of enhancements not sure when maybe but with CM being not 100% fully working as touch fails in some apps I'm thinking of tweaking Samsung ROM with Circle Battery mod and few other cool tweaks and stuff (No ETA as I'm mainly always working but I have a build server etc... There ready)
    Anybody have a list of the touchwiz apks we can delete? I HATE touchwiz, but I love the tablet. presently downloading and getting ready to install! Thanks!!!

Try this...there is no defnitive list though
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2514703

i think the new version has already get rid of tw launcher.
    actually not yet...would like too though so maybe in V3

Don't know if this has been asked but is it possible to provide this version of rom ported only for SM-T800? I.e. without phone and other related software. This rom is super fast and everything seems to work well but the icons etc. Are too big (checked build.prop and density is same as another rom that has smaller icons). Otherwise, I am quite surprised at how smooth this rom is and everything seems to work fine.

to be honest probably not unless i get a BUNCH of complaints...its entirely too much work to decompile all of the individual apps & go through 1000s of lines of code TWICE

Does it still have the bug that when you are playing music the lockscreen always show the add "+" page?

actually it defaults back to whatever your main wdget is other than stock clock i think...although i agree it is a bug

I just do it and it's work. Now the only thing to fix is the battery drain. This rom is rock

please see reSponse below

This ROM is great on the T700. This latest version has a massive battery drain that I think can be fixed with some kernel tweaking. Other than that, it is smooth, fast and no other issues.

i'm glad u guys are enjoying the rom otherwise but i wouldnt want to run other users off with complaints about battery drain so let me address this...first i'm personally not experiencing any drain & i would like any other users who are to please speak up so we can eliminate the issue. i went to sleep the other night with around 73% battery...woke up 8 hours later with around 68% which is awesome for an lte device that i use as my main phone with NOTHING turned off (cellular, wifi, data, location & bluetooth for my gear with 2 mail accounts syncing along with a few social apps). As i have stated before...there was a user who had battery problems a few pages back but installed betterbatterystats & traced it to an errant app so i suggest u do the same. With that said i also have a few more basic recommendations...do a CLEAN flash which means wipe data as well as both caches, make sure u have odin flashed the base firmware that matches my rom which is NG2, and if u dont need to restore app data with titanium then DONT as that gets rid of one potential problem causer although i have done so several times without issue

Is this rom OK for SM-T700 ?

yes it is...so flash & have fun

@Phreaker47
    i havent had any issue with restoring Titanium Backup apps...in fact ive been using that method instead of nandroids since twrp is broken

@gggg
    i'm using betterbatterystats but u must have xposed installed as well...i think wakelock detector is ok too
    I apologize if i didnt make it clear enough but this is for ALL EXYNOS VERSIONS of the TAB S...if u look at the download section of the first post they are labeled with both wifi & lte

Does it have 4 way restart menu?

I flashed it on my T700 and have no issues. Working perfectly.

Does not

although its easy enough to add i purposely tried not to include alterations that were already handled by xposed modules....well one being wanam in particular especially when u consider all the work it would take to modify & maintain the code on 4 different devices. it does so much & is so good at it that even though i like my mods built directly in ive gotten used to installing it on every new device i own...so with that said if u need 4 way reboot, call & screen recording, volume key music control, want to add more apps to multiwindow plus a bunch of other stuff then i HIGHLY recommend wanam xposed module. If i find that a lot of users are steering clear of this rom because its missing that one feature then i may put it in an update but to be honest i dont see why they would...u will still need to add extra apps to your device for at least multiwindow so i say why not use xposed