[Q] Asus Transformer tf700 freezing randomly

Search This thread

Kaij

Aug 29, 2014
During normal use of the Asus it will freeze. The screen stays frozen until I shut down the tablet manually. When I start the tablet again it boots up and works normally but it is only a matter of time before it freezes again.

I have tried to cold boot it but all that happens is I hold the volume and power buttons down it vibrates but the screen just stays black and there seems to be no affect.

I have limited knowledge with these kind of things but any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
What's your situation?
Are you on stock? Which version?
Rooted?
Custom rom/recovery? Which one?
If you're on stock it seems to be time for a factory restore from Settings.
Backup everything you care about off the tablet (you can use Asus Backup for this), then go to Settings > Backup & reset and reset the tablet.
Reboot and restore the backup. If you get the same behaviour, do the factory reset again but install your apps a few at a time from the Play Store and test the tablet in between. One of them could be the culprit.

Reactions: Kaij

Kaij

Aug 29, 2014
What's your situation?
Rooted?
Backup everything you care about off the tablet (you can use Asus Backup for this), then go to Settings > Backup & reset and reset the tablet.
Reboot and restore the backup. If you get the same behaviour, do the factory reset again but install your apps a few at a time from the Play Store and test the tablet in between. One of them could be the culprit.

It is running android 4.2.1.
Yes it is rooted.
It is a custom recovery. The Recovery is Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.1.1
The Kernel Version is 3.1.10-03bcdcb1 android@Mercury#1 Fri Mar 29 17:0432 CST 2013
The Build is JO4OD.WW_epad-10.6.1.14.4-20130329660

I have successfully done the factory reset but it froze in the setup area. I did eventually manage to get through but it still freezes as usual.

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Yes it is rooted.
The Kernel Version is 3.1.10-03bcdcb1 android@Mercury#1 Fri Mar 29 17:0432 CST 2013

I have successfully done the factory reset but it froze in the setup area. I did eventually manage to get through but it still freezes as usual.
Should have elaborated I guess....
Do not do that factory reset from Settings or the bootloader again with a custom recovery installed! You can end up in a nasty forced reboot to recovery loop...

Ok, you are on a current recovery, your bootloader is up to date enough for JB based roms but I would not try to run KitKat roms on it.
Did you ever run a custom rom? Just to confirm your bootloader version, boot with Power and Volume Down buttons and read the tiny script.
That's the only sure way to determine your bootloader version.
If you are on 10.6.1.14.4 you can head over to the Development section and download CROMi-X 5.4.
Boot to TWRP, choose Wipe and just swipe the button to prepare your tablet for a clean installation of CROMi-X.
Once that is done flash CROMi-X 5.4 in TWRP.

If you want to run a KitKat based rom you should update your bootloader first.

Kaij

Aug 29, 2014
Do not do that factory reset from Settings or the bootloader again with a custom recovery installed! You can end up in a nasty forced reboot to recovery loop...

Ok, you are on a current recovery, your bootloader is up to date enough for JB based roms but I would not try to run KitKat roms on it.
Did you ever run a custom rom? Just to confirm your bootloader version, boot with Power and Volume Down buttons and read the tiny script.
If you are on 10.6.1.14.4 you can head over to the Development section and download CROMi-X 5.4.
Boot to TWRP, choose Wipe and just swipe the button to prepare your tablet for a clean installation of CROMi-X.

[/CODE]
Key driver not found.. Booting OS
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by "WW_epad-10.6.1.14.4-20130329" A03

Starting Fastboot USB download protocol
[/CODE]

This is what it says in the boot loader screen.
I have wiped the stock ROM through TWRP and installed Chromi-X 5.4.
Once I boot into android the screen freezes after a short while in setup.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
[/CODE]
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by "WW_epad-10.6.1.14.4-20130329" A03

[/CODE]

I think it would be worth you flashing the bootloader and twrp package in the first post of CROMi-X ;) Reboot once after then flash the rom again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's your situation?
    Rooted?
    Yes it is rooted.

[/CODE]

[/CODE]

I think it would be worth you flashing the bootloader and twrp package in the first post of CROMi-X ;) Reboot once after then flash the rom again.