[PRJ][17.09.11] Android/Linux on TG01 development, new stuff in git

Search This thread

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
well i gonna order a riff box jtag to unbrick my phone and start developing android using it :)

for now i only have 150RON(35euro) still need 400RON(93euro)

very good to hear that. I not really like the Android OS, but I will support your good work with a donation :)
(Transaktionscode 6PM39099YN864482J)

Last edited:

nyl

Apr 2, 2010
Targu Jiu
nyl.ro
thanks for the donation :) even tough i didn't asked for it, thanks :D one step closer to get the jtag, talked with the guy to keep it for me a while gonna loan some money :)

i sold both my hd2's because of money problems now i'm stuck with a blackberry and iphone 3g

if anyone wants to add me on msn: contact@nyl.ro is my live id :)

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
thanks for the donation :) even tough i didn't asked for it, thanks :D one step closer to get the jtag, talked with the guy to keep it for me a while gonna loan some money :)

i sold both my hd2's because of money problems now i'm stuck with a blackberry and iphone 3g

if anyone wants to add me on msn: contact@nyl.ro is my live id :)

yeeah, no prob. you as developer for us, you need a support ......... thank you and I wish you a good progress/success to tg01 Android :cool: ....maybe it comes the time and I need your riff box jtag also :)

Last edited:

nyl

Apr 2, 2010
Targu Jiu
nyl.ro
sure thing do you have gtalk, msn, yahoo messenger?

also i'm thinking on building a better bootloader that will also boot android not just wp7 :) something like magldr :) but not that advance yet since i didn't pass the Assembly exam yet :D but i have to learn for april >_> so it also helps me at university :D

DeFuSeGM

Feb 2, 2011
Can someone give me all downloading links to make this phone android ? Becouse now im seaching any guide, but nothing found here... Thanks.

LordYuuki

Apr 18, 2011
all download links are down, i just can download the zImage but without haret and clrcad it's useless..

LordYuuki

Apr 18, 2011
so, i got it compiled because all links concerning haret are down..
but it doesn't boot. just keeps restarting after "jumping to kernel".
i'm new to programming and would keep on programming on the tg01 but I can't even manage it to boot from winMo6.x. If someone can provide me with a link to haret and clrcad, then i'd work on wifi..

LordYuuki

Apr 18, 2011
Thank you! Finally found the files! now the next step is to set the deafult.txt properly up, so i can get Ice Cream sandwich to boot. With the Froyo Image i got to the boot screen but after that it just boots back to WM. if it works and runs well, i'm gonna work on the kernel to build in the wifi driver.

LordYuuki

Apr 18, 2011
Now i've got the Froyo Build to be booted. now, since ICS is released i'm gonna get it to boot, to work on it. i hope my programming skills will do it just for wifi.

LordYuuki

Apr 18, 2011
i'm gonna test it later today! thank u!

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

okay, if i exchange the audio files and compile it, then mic doesn't work either. also i can't call anyone, because the callsettings are not changeable.

LordYuuki

Apr 18, 2011
i'm stuck with compiling the ics kernel. i moved the tsunagi config to the ics git and compiled it with some startup settings, but i cqn't seem to go on till jumping on kernel.

also i need to compare the audio files for the mic to learn the difference. after replacing no one cqn call me.

Reactions: rico_zuares

nalanickal

Oct 2, 2008
mumbai
i'm stuck with compiling the ics kernel. i moved the tsunagi config to the ics git and compiled it with some startup settings, but i cqn't seem to go on till jumping on kernel.

also i need to compare the audio files for the mic to learn the difference. after replacing no one cqn call me.

Hi

I tried some build. But no Phone facility working.

Which build is working one ?

B'rgds/Punnoose

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: WARNING! If you do not follow the below instruction, your post WILL be deleted, not moved. Thank you for your cooperation. ~TheRomMistress

bally3 said:

Appreciate your enthusiasm, but can you move the conversations about userspace (builds) to the Discussions thread please, as this thread should be primarily for the KERNEL development only.

Appreciate your understanding,

:)

Hi!

I have now a TG01 too, and started to develop some Linux stuff for it.
    The branch for it is in our htcleo repository.
    http://gitorious.org/linux-on-wince-htc/linux_on_wince_htc/commits/linux-on-tg01

I did already a bit reasearch and put some new stuff in the htc linux wiki. I will update it if I found something new.
    http://www.htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tg01

17.09.11 Edit10 and last:
    Hi!

I pushed my last changes. There some new stuff in repo now like:
    - Powerbutton support
    - Fixes for Power/USB
    - Panel Code
    - Notifications
    - Usb cable pull/push did not crash device anymore
    and much other.

I'm closing this project for me because I've no time to work on it.

One Info, the problems with the GUI after boot are ril related. The biggest work is RIL. It looks like you have to write (or find) a RPC based RIL lib.
    have fun!

Markinus

Edit9:
    Calls works now. But the mic not. :)
    Battery works, a simple cable detection driver too. Problem, you cannot in the moment pull or push the cable in/out. If you do it the devices will crash after ca. 15 sec.
    Build updated.

Edit8:
    Audio and vibration works.
    !Important: Run clrcad.exe in wince bevor you run haret and boot linux!

Edit7:
    The Volume and Camera Buttons are now supported.

Edit6:
    Added touchscreen buttons
    Added first Test Build! Extract to sd and run haret! Look to Post 2.

Edit5:
    Touchscreen is working now. I had to recalculate the calibration values. Later we have to look to better calib values, maybe a calib app for users.

Edit4:
    We have now a official mach id 3197. This have to be changed in the default.txt for haret.

Edit3:
    So some new stuff is checked in:
    - panelfile with basic support for mdp and lcdc
    - sd card works
    - usb works
    - rpc, pcom, works

Status: the device is booting now android till the unlock screen in the GUI, but without touchscreen ... :)

Edit2:
    Branch is in our Leo repo:
    http://gitorious.org/linux-on-wince-htc/linux_on_wince_htc/commits/linux-on-tg01
    The basic stuff is now in. Is booting. I didn't find a device ID for tsunagi, so I had to create one.

status: kernel is booting and android starting. We need to write much new stuff to get all hardware working.

default.txt:
    set mtype 3197
    set ramaddr 0x11800000
    set ramsize 0x0e800000
    set initrd_offset 0x00a00000
    set KERNEL zImage
    set initrd initrd.gz
    set cmdline ""
    boot

We need to research much stuff. And all this needs much time. So don't ask for dates :)
    !!!IMPORTANT: USE ALL STUFF AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
    !You can break your device!

Markinus
    First Test Build:

Look to top whats working.
    Second testbuild:
    http://www.multiupload.com/WQN1Q1SJ0E
    http://www.multiupload.com/P0B04IK8S0

Have fun on test!

!!!IMPORTANT: USE ALL STUFF AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
    !You can break your device!
    Toshiba T-01C source code is released at fmworld.net

/product/phone/sp/android/develop/

sorry. this is my first post, so I can't write direct url here.

T-01C is a new android smart phone by toshiba. This code may help us.

can download here
    http://www.multiupload.com/4GA78R3EDE
    T01C_TER018_38.tar.gz
    people posting stupid questions, read first post!
    Solution for 100% CPU usage

Well i don't have TG01 but i used same kernel source and ported that on LG Fathom. I also faced 100% CPU utilization issue. The problem is with the powermanagementservice. The powermanagerservice expect /dev/input/event3 and for some reason our device doesn't have that. So the simple workaround is to create link of /dev/input/event0 to /dev/input/event3. The command is ln -s /dev/input/event0 /dev/input/event3 . You have to do this on every power cycle. for immediate effect suspend and resume your phone.

HTH