[Q] wish to install cyanogen mod for spice mi 1010 (rk 3066)

Search This thread

giri91

Sep 25, 2012
hello developers ! thanks for ur amazing work i keep my galaxy pop 5570 updated 4.2.1 :)
i recently purchased spice mi 1010 which comes with 4.1.1 and i wish to make it customizable by cyanogen mod.
Searched the forum twice for my device and it wasnt there. if i had been careless pls route me there or help me with it.
i saw cwm for rk 3066 devices but my device was not listed in that.
1.What happens if i try that and my device gets bootloop ?
2.Can i extract the stock rom for future use?
thanks in advance :) :highfive:

giri91

Sep 25, 2012
1. you can always go back to stock, or if you have a nandroid ready, you can restore it
2. i dont understand your question, what do you mean by "extract stock rom"?

Thanku jack:good:
Can u explain me how to install cwm to spice mi 1010 or can u redirect me where the steps are.....

Jack Jake

Oct 27, 2012
Fremont
Can u explain me how to install cwm to spice mi 1010 or can u redirect me where the steps are.....
okay first of all you need root (of course)
1.download ROM Manager from play store.
2. open and grant if it asks for root access
3. select "Recovery Setup<Then "Install Or Update Recovery" and select ClockworkMod
4. choose your device name
5.if its not there press "Device Not listed above"
6.Press "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
7. wait for it to flash
8. Done
now go ahead and FIRST make a backup

Reactions: giri91

RaviS1010

Mar 6, 2013
Bangalore
mod on spice 1010

hello developers ! thanks for ur amazing work i keep my galaxy pop 5570 updated 4.2.1 :)
i recently purchased spice mi 1010 which comes with 4.1.1 and i wish to make it customizable by cyanogen mod.
Searched the forum twice for my device and it wasnt there. if i had been careless pls route me there or help me with it.

Hi Giri,

could you mod your Spice Mi 1010 tab ? I also purchased one and would eventually like to run Ubuntu on it...;) Thanks.

RaviS1010

Mar 6, 2013
Bangalore
steps

wat jack said seems to be working but i didnt try still coz very busy in job! shd try soon
ok, please let me know when you are done. I also tried jack's steps. But at step 6 it asks me whether i have installed the clockworkmod recovery
manually. And ofcourse i have not. So stuck at that. Is this because i have not yet rooted my device. ? Do u know how to root this device. Is the process generic?

elisha13

Mar 9, 2011
Stuck at the same point.. all the root softwares are useless out there. Tried all possible methods but to no avail.
the clockwork recovery mod says the device has one recovery installed and i tried to boot into it with no success. Aren't there any solutions for these as this is a great tab for around 10K.

utk787

Feb 27, 2013
Rooting is possible

Stuck at the same point.. all the root softwares are useless out there. Tried all possible methods but to no avail.
the clockwork recovery mod says the device has one recovery installed and i tried to boot into it with no success. Aren't there any solutions for these as this is a great tab for around 10K.
goto technotweet . com and see the blog how-to-root-spice-stellar-pad-mi-1010 (i don't know why google is not showing this in search result
can't post link as i am new :silly:
Follow the steps provided in 2 links on this page one by one.
I have followed the procedure and rooted my spice mi 1010 successfully

RaviS1010

Mar 6, 2013
Bangalore
rooted

goto technotweet . com and see the blog how-to-root-spice-stellar-pad-mi-1010 (i don't know why google is not showing this in search result
can't post link as i am new :silly:
Follow the steps provided in 2 links on this page one by one.
I have followed the procedure and rooted my spice mi 1010 successfully

I could root the Spice Mi 1010 according to the instructions. Now what ? the clockworkmod recovery needs to be installed manually ?

RaviS1010

Mar 6, 2013
Bangalore
cwm rk3066

Hi giri,
Where did you find the cwm for rk3066?

sralli

May 29, 2013
hey guyz wanna by this tab!! not sure if good or bad ! please give your reviews??

rjdpcfc

Apr 11, 2014
this method is not working

3. select "Recovery Setup<Then "Install Or Update Recovery" and select ClockworkMod
7. wait for it to flash
8. Done

Step 6 is not present in the software so I cannot proceed further. How can I know whether my device is rooted or not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. you can always go back to stock, or if you have a nandroid ready, you can restore it
    2. i dont understand your question, what do you mean by "extract stock rom"?
    7. wait for it to flash
    8. Done