The oppo find 7a or the Z2?

Search This thread

finoqq84

Oct 4, 2011
Hi guys, i am currently using the Z2, its great, the camera is superb. The downside is the shutting down of the camera during recording of regular 1020p video ... very annoying!! Recently the oppo find 7a was launched & i was amazed by the specs. The design , ESPECIALLY THE CAMERA!!!.The only down side is the COLOUR OS. ITS UGLY, VERY UGLY... By the way, just need some comments if its worth the switch? Have been reading oppo find 7a reviews these weeks... very tempting to switch over... what you guys think?

robt772000

Mar 21, 2010
Comparison threads are strictly a no no.
But...Z2 is waterproof, has better materials and a better camera.
Wait for an update. Most shutdowns are being worked on.

finoqq84

Oct 4, 2011
lets really hope that SONY will fix this shutting down issues, as shutting down the camera after recording on normal 1080p for abt 14mins is too short.

Sean473

Aug 29, 2012
London
By the time everything is fixed, the Z3 will be out in September.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

robertopod1968

Feb 18, 2012
It's not even a comparison. The oppo has a ton of problems. Especially battery life. I've got one and I have ordered a z2 and Will be returning the find 7. Mine just lost 30 percent battery overnight without a sim card in it and WiFi off. And then if I try to plug it in when I'm in the car, the phone constantly reboots. I've tried 3 car chargers. Save some frustration and spend the extra money for the z2. If the only problem is that I can't video for more than 15 minutes then I'm fine with that. Don't think I've ever tried to video with a phone for more than 5 minutes anyway.

finoqq84

Oct 4, 2011
It's not even a comparison. The oppo has a ton of problems. Especially battery life. I've got one and I have ordered a z2 and Will be returning the find 7. Mine just lost 30 percent battery overnight without a sim card in it and WiFi off. And then if I try to plug it in when I'm in the car, the phone constantly reboots. I've tried 3 car chargers. Save some frustration and spend the extra money for the z2. If the only problem is that I can't video for more than 15 minutes then I'm fine with that. Don't think I've ever tried to video with a phone for more than 5 minutes anyway.

oh is it true? Oh gosh.. :crying: I thought that in terms of specs the find 7a is better, especially the camera..
Thanks for letting us know abt the experience of the 7a

robertopod1968

Feb 18, 2012
oh is it true? Oh gosh.. :crying: I thought that in terms of specs the find 7a is better, especially the camera..
Thanks for letting us know abt the experience of the 7a

Well it uses a Sony camera. And from what I've seen and read in the reviews, the 50mp setting is more of a gimmick than something functional