[Q] Turn off wireless charging

Search This thread

FourPointedFreak

Aug 19, 2013
Tampa
Perhaps they're thinking "since it's built-in, maybe it's running all the time and using my battery!", I read someone posted that elsewhere about wireless charging.

Guys... can't you just answer to the point?
I am thinking of building a holder with charging. But I might put it there for like 1 minute and then take it away (for various reasons). So I only want to start the charging if the phone was on the holder for 2 minutes or more (then it means that it's going to stay there for a while). I don't want to put it somewhere else, nor unplug the charger. Clear enough?

GTI6speed

Oct 19, 2013
I am thinking of building a holder with charging. But I might put it there for like 1 minute and then take it away (for various reasons). So I only want to start the charging if the phone was on the holder for 2 minutes or more (then it means that it's going to stay there for a while). I don't want to put it somewhere else, nor unplug the charger. Clear enough?

You could design your charger to where it will only begin powering the coil when it has detected the phone for your 2 minute window.

Geo2160

Jan 2, 2012

It doesn't matter if it only charges for 5 seconds, 1 minute or 3 hours. It'll be fine. The only reason people don't recommend doing this with a cable is because you'll break the USB port sooner or later.

Lokke9191

Nov 20, 2013
Glenview, IL
The more info we have the easier it is to help you find a solution. Since you take offense to having to elaborate, I'm just going to assume here that the noise when the phone starts to wirelessly charge is annoying to hear if you repeatedly have to remove the phone and put it back. I'd change to sound file to something like chargerconnect.ogg.bak so it stops making that noise. Or maybe use tasker to mute the phone for 5 seconds when it's put on a charger.

I want to make a car holder with magnets and a wireless charger. I'll put it where I have the best view so that's the only place where I want to put the phone. The only concern is the battery health as I might put the phone there for under 5 minutes. I would like it to start charging only if the trip is long.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I want to make a car holder with magnets and a wireless charger. I'll put it where I have the best view so that's the only place where I want to put the phone. The only concern is the battery health as I might put the phone there for under 5 minutes. I would like it to start charging only if the trip is long.
And I only took offence because I knew exactly what I wanted and that that was the only thing to do it. I apologize.

And I only took offence because I knew exactly what I wanted and that that was the only thing to do it. I apologize.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto

No worries there. The battery health will not be affected and wireless charging is actually intended to allow you to say, pick up the phone to answer a call, and set it back down to charge repeatedly.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts