CM9/CM10 UNOFFICIAL Ice Cream Sandwich/ Jelly Bean for Legend

Search This thread

zeubea

Oct 12, 2011
True, it is an checking about server for setting stand alone or AGPS. It will be sync in the next. If you dont use data whith gps, you are transparent to this update.

The gps.conf in my case is fine, I live in Europe, but I believe that without the patch, AGPS does not work and in my case seems to happen on this cm7.1 and CM9. In cm7.2 is much faster for me with data trasmission enabled.

Thanks for your work on this great rom

Reactions: gianlen

bugallo

Sep 11, 2010
Is disable data usage function working for anyone? The counter works, but I can't find the option to set the max data and the date period...

Tank you

OM42

Apr 18, 2012
less than 10 posts :(
I wanna thanks to zeubea!!
It's really a great job!
I got a little bit laggy when opening the app draw
Expecting more bug fix !
Using Beta0 :)

wipeout_uk

Apr 7, 2012
very happy now cam is working with preview! great job!

is it easier now camera is there to get the stock torch / flashlight to work?

QuarkZ07

Apr 15, 2011
Bratislava
Weird data partition space usage information

Hello guys,
still haven't reached 10 posts so I'll put this here:

Currently using Beta0, running pretty smooth.
This may have been partially mentioned in dev forum - it seems that in "Settinngs->Apps" the system calculates used space incorrectly. For me it shows, that I have used only 69 MB and that I have 116 MB free space. However I have around 40 apps installed and "Disk usage" app from market reports that I have only around 30 MB free space on Data partition. Does it have something to do with the fact, that I use S2E ? (The one from CM7, it works in CM9 as well) Disk usage reported approximately the same free space on data partition in CM7 with these many apps so I think android settings is showing it incorrectly.

Also, third party apps that use camera (barcode scanner, etc.) have corrupted preview, not much of a surprice here since camera driver is problematic...so this is just FYI.

Anyway, thanks for wonderfull ROM zeubea and good luck with further development :)

VR2012

Apr 18, 2012
Hello!

I haven't reached 10 posts either. Want to thank zeubea for re-waking my legend. A spledid, amazing well-done job. You are so worth a donation.
I don't have the money you really deserve, but I will right now donate 5,66 Euro.

Done.

Thank you again

Last edited:

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Just sharing a screenshot of One of my better battery days

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334863762787.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334863762787.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 211

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Heres an antutu benchmark score on my phone, CPU was 825 MHz.
sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0

Attachments

• Benchmark1.png
    Benchmark1.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

fabsifabsi

Jul 29, 2011
Mainz
Data2Ext Sript and S2E For ICS 4.04

GREAT ROM ! HARD WORK ! THANKS ZEUBEA !

Ok, here is my test with Data2Ext Scripts and S2E:

First, S2E is working great,

In Play Store, search for S2E

( Don´t install it, if you use Data2ext Script below this: )

BUT IT CAN BE BETTER WITH A Data2Ext Script:

IMG_0904.JPG

Quadrant Benchmark Score: 1250-1270 ( 825 Mhz OC ), with 787 Mhz~ 1150

Install Manual:

1. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

2. Activate via adb shell or terminal:

for adb shell you have to accept it in settings of phone ( because it´s not enabled )

adb shell
su
data2ext --enable

or only in terminal after update:
su
data2ext --enable

3. Restart phone and the ext partition is in your internal memory included

4. Go again in recovery and flash the other file htc... .zip

THATS ALL ! After that restart and the Super fast ext partition is in your internal memory included :)

And so it boosts the performance.

WOW !

GREAT ROM.

THANKS ZEUBEA !

Greetings

Fabian

Attachments

• data2ext2-v7.zip
    152.4 KB · Views: 233
  • data2ext4-V4.zip
    152.5 KB · Views: 188
  • htc-data2sd-ext3.zip
    679.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

Caifan09

Aug 2, 2010
Morelia
Nice!!! data2ext2-v7.zip worked on my legend also, thanks for the information about these scripts that are indeed working for ICS 4.0.4.

wipeout_uk

Apr 7, 2012
awesome, lots of free space for apps now :cool:

just ran quadrant, and only got 813 IO though.. shouldnt it be much higher?

i:
- rebooted into recovery and created partition 1G, 0swap
- flashed data2ext2-v7.zip
- rebooted back into ICS
- formatted the /ext/ >
mke2fs -m0 -b4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

data2ext --enable

rebooted, 1GB space for apps, 813 IO score in quadrant. please help ;)

Me4mario

Dec 12, 2010
Heerlen
Install Manual:

1. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

for adb shell you have to accept it in settings of phone ( because it´s not enabled )

adb shell
su
data2ext --enable

su
data2ext --enable

So I have to make a ext2 partition using CWM before I process step 1, right?

Last edited:

Oops...

Sep 6, 2010

I assume you are not the dev, so you should give proper credit - see here the original thread.

Just my 2 ct.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

So I have to make a ext2 partition using CWM before I process step 1, right?

Yes. Check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=907436 for better understanding of partitioning and formatting. CWM is not best choice.

Me4mario

Dec 12, 2010
Heerlen
Well, although CWM apparently isn't the best choise, I pumped my Quadrant score:
-806 mhz Performance -> Score: ~640
To: - 600 mhz Ondemand -> Score: ~940
-806 mhz Performance -> Score: ~1140

So, again, Thank you (very much)!

realpikolo

Apr 2, 2011
Madrid
Wifi not working

Amazing ROM, works great...many thanks for the job.

I just have a problem, the same than with all Cyanogenmod roms, my wifi network at home is not detected.

It started to happen when i changed my internet provided. Movistar is my new connection provider and it comes with ZyXEL rouer - mod P870HW-51.
My parents have another ZyXEL router and i cannot find that wifi connection too...

Haven't found a solution so far.

Any idea, please? I really want to keep this ROM, but need to enable wifi connection.

Thanks in advance. Regards,
Javier.

mph_aut

Dec 6, 2010
when you have access to the settings of the wireless router, make sure it's not broadcasting on channel 13 & set it to 802.11g mode.

Reactions: realpikolo

realpikolo

Apr 2, 2011
Madrid
Great

when you have access to the settings of the wireless router, make sure it's not broadcasting on channel 13 & set it to 802.11g mode.

Great, that was it!
Many thanks :-D

Rom is working great in general... only remaining problem is with 'radio' i think. Line signal is lower than with previous rom.... should i install any specific radio?

Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

By the way, that solved problem at home with my router, but i have same problem with some other routers (parents, friends houses...) . Instead of asking them to change channel, is there any option to edit in phone config to avoid that problem?

Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Data2Ext Sript and S2E For ICS 4.04

GREAT ROM ! HARD WORK ! THANKS ZEUBEA !

Ok, here is my test with Data2Ext Scripts and S2E:

First, S2E is working great,

In Play Store, search for S2E

( Don´t install it, if you use Data2ext Script below this: )

IMG_0904.JPG

Quadrant Benchmark Score: 1250-1270 ( 825 Mhz OC ), with 787 Mhz~ 1150

Install Manual:

adb shell
    su
    data2ext --enable

su
    data2ext --enable

THATS ALL ! After that restart and the Super fast ext partition is in your internal memory included :)

And so it boosts the performance.

WOW !

GREAT ROM.

THANKS ZEUBEA !

Greetings

Fabian
    Thanks for testing, but it has not got hardware acceleration yet. For testing purpose, you could overclock it up to 787 MHZ safely, and the overall performance get better notably.

Thx.

I' ve put it on. It's really laggy, but it works!

It's a good start, but if this is the best performance the legend can give, I think I won't ever change definitevly to ICS. Maybe it can be optimizated for the Legend hardware to become smoother.

Did you check if your internal storage space has increased? If not, I worked like this:
    1a. Boot into recovery-> Click "advanced" -> Click "Partition SD Card" -> (You may choose another value, but I have a 8gb card, so I clicked 1024MB) -> Click the amount of MB's you want in your Internal Storage -> Click 0MB Swap Size -> Let it be busy for a while! ( Then I did a reboot (don't know if it's required) and did the other steps)

1b. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

adb shell
    su
    data2ext --enable

su
    data2ext --enable

It will be merge in next syncing with Cyanogenmd . Anyway, a europe server is provided and it is advised in OP you must set up your gps.conf. This update has not implies in gps overall working, although is better having it, of course.

I was wondering the same thing. In my case zeubea rom behaves like CyanogenMod 7.1 before the release of the patch linked.

Thank you zeubea