[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices - Droid DNA

Search This thread

nrage23

Has anyone archived s off for DNA with this process ? I will be performing when I get home from work.

SENT VIA VIPER DNA CUBED

First try for me. I had CID from second .apk they issued. I was running Viper DNA and relocked. I RUU'ed yesterday and accepted the OTA. I re-unlocked and flashed TWRP. I restored my backup of Viper DNA 1.1.3. I checked my CID this morning and it was 2222222. I followed the instructions to the letter and it worked flawlessly.

Viper DNA 1.1.3
Latest Cubed Kernel
OTA
S-Off

This was much less frightening than the Rezound was to get S-off

Reactions: -4ndr01d-

Melodycd

Jul 13, 2012
Success! Just worked for me from the 1st try!
Droid DNA. Virtuous ROM. Elkay's kernel.

SAMPCam

Hey guys ! I have a trouble ))

1 Im superCIDed , fastboot getvar cid returns me 22222222

2 Im htcdev unlocked

3 Im on a custom rom with SU

4 I havent accepted nor installed any OTA

5 after fastboot flash zip <appropriate zip filename from above> i have

C:\android>fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip
sending 'zip' (36905 KB)... OKAY [ 7.469s]
writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this i
mage...
INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
finished. total time: 7.688s

What im doind wrong ? S-OFFED my friend phone just fine , went smooth. Mine dont wanna be free ...

I've read 2 possible solutions for error 99. Don't know if they work, but try killing and restarting the adb server is one apparently. Another is running the RUU.

tfrank10

Aug 9, 2011
Canton, OH
Hi guys, thanks for all your hard work on this. One noob question: just to clarify, is having Super CID just another way of saying you''ve gone through the unlock process? I have already unlocked and rooted, but just want to be sure. Thanks again

mbwsutherland

Dec 5, 2012
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA

Hi guys, thanks for all your hard work on this. One noob question: just to clarify, is having Super CID just another way of saying you''ve gone through the unlock process? I have already unlocked and rooted, but just want to be sure. Thanks again

From what I'm understanding its the cud apk we downloaded to unlock using the token

SENT VIA VIPER DNA CUBED

Reactions: tfrank10

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey

Good job guys :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

cromanorn

May 28, 2009
This is WINNING!!!!! :D

1st try and now S-Off.

DNA
Viper 1.1.3
dsb's stock system write kernal

cbrown245

Aug 21, 2010
Cleveland

Do I need to relock before doing this ? Or can this be done on an unlocked bootloader ? I'm unlocked , no ota , on viper , can I just start the process or do I need to do anything to prep ? Thanks

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

mbwsutherland

Dec 5, 2012

Do I need to relock before doing this ? Or can this be done on an unlocked bootloader ? I'm unlocked , no ota , on viper , can I just start the process or do I need to do anything to prep ? Thanks

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Should be able to just go for it lol

SENT VIA VIPER DNA CUBED

Reactions: cbrown245

jujusito

Nov 1, 2007
Hi, i can't ge s-off, y think this is a possible cause

C:\Fastboot>adb push soffbin3 /data/local/tmp/
927 KB/s (9496 bytes in 0.010s)

C:\Fastboot>adb shell chmod 744 /data/local/tmp/soffbin3

C:\Fastboot>adb shell su -c "/data/local/tmp/soffbin3"
Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault, whats wrong?

Thanks

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Worked like a charm now is it you that I donate to or is their a team I need to donate too?

bakemcbride21

Sep 15, 2009
I'm waiting on the one click :) LMAO JK! will be doing this when I get into work...where my laptop with my adb setup is.

I get paid monthly..so pay pals will be going out March 1! Thank you beaups, jcase, and Chuck Norris!

GreginNH

Jul 23, 2010
Hooksett
No S-off

Hi guys,

So I just ran through this. Everything came back as it should however right after this:
"6.)
Code:
fastboot flash zip <appropriate zip filename from above>
After a while, You should see the following error “FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)”

7.) Immediately issue the following command:

Code:
fastboot oem boot
You may see some errors, just wait for the device to boot into Android (only now, you should be booted into Android with no eMMC write protection of any kind active)."

It just hung, never booted past the white HTC screen.
So I booted it manually then ran the 3 additional commands but no s-off
checked my CID and its all 1's. I did the original unlock from jcase back in November, do I need to run that supercid first?

iOSh8er

Dec 30, 2010
Hephzibah

Hi guys,

So I just ran through this. Everything came back as it should however right after this:
"6.)
Code:
fastboot flash zip <appropriate zip filename from above>
After a while, You should see the following error “FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)”

7.) Immediately issue the following command:

Code:
fastboot oem boot
You may see some errors, just wait for the device to boot into Android (only now, you should be booted into Android with no eMMC write protection of any kind active)."

It just hung, never booted past the white HTC screen.
So I booted it manually then ran the 3 additional commands but no s-off
checked my CID and its all 1's. I did the original unlock from jcase back in November, do I need to run that supercid first?

I too still receive this error :(

Please don't touch my "Thanks" button, it doesn't like you... ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Facepalm S-Off for the HTC Droid DNA

Credits and terms:

Exploit by beaups, full guide, testing, and concept by jcase and beaups. Thanks to dsb9938 and dr_drache for support and testing. Thanks also to all of the regulars at teamandirc. Thanks to jcase for recently modifiying the process to make it even easier and more reliable.

Both beaups and jcase will collect the applicable active bounties. Further donations are greatly appreciated and can be sent to:

beaups - Donate to beaups
    jcase - Donate to jcase
    dsb9938 - Donate to dsb9938
    dr_drache - Donate to dr_drache

You can also come by irc for support or just to say thanks: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

While this process shouldn’t be too risky, bricks can happen. None of us will be accountable. If you are worried, don’t do it.

This is a pretty simple method, however, you will need to have a working adb and fastboot environment. This method will work on any operating system that supports adb and fastboot. You should understand how to use a terminal window in your O/S. If you don’t understand adb and fastboot, you probably don’t need S-off.

Lastly, the work herein should not be stolen, repackaged, one clicked, bat’d, etc. The binary contained in DNA-rescue.img is not GPL and may not be reused, integrated into other work, reposted, or redistributed without our permission. The kernel portion of DNA-rescue.img is derived from unmodified HTC source. That source code can be obtained from htcdev.

For this to work, you must be HTCdev unlocked and have superCID (custom recovery/root is optional), see the thread below for help and information regarding obtaining superCID, unlock, etc. If you have taken the OTA for the DNA (sw version 2.xx) without FIRST obtaining superCID, there is no superCID nor s-off method for you currently. Note this thread is provided for convenience only. Please look for support for superCID/unlock in it's proper thread, do NOT clutter this thread with support requests regarding obtaining superCID and/or unlock! If you try this process without superCID, it will not work, and you may have issues:

SuperCID for HTC Droid DNA:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2109862

Download modified boot.img:
    http://d-h.st/pQy

Download signed firmware:
    http://d-h.st/nOo 8fa1cf193559d34279d2b1c1aa8c29

1)
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

2)
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    (wait for black HTC Screen)

3)
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip
    After a while, You should see the following error “FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)

4) Immediately issue the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot DNA-rescue.img

5) After android is FULLY booted
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

6) You should see what you are looking for!

If you need help or just care to say thanks, join us on IRC: #FacePalm http://chat.andirc.net:8080/?channels=facepalm

Enjoy.

Getting an error 99 instead of error 92 after step 3?

Perform a few FULL power-downs and boots. Also, others have reported clearing caches in recovery helps as well.
    rainabba,

This is not an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, this is a public development community. We made decisions not to obfuscate what is going on, so the community could learn, but choose to keep the rights and source to the project. It is free for personal use, but not opensource and not free to distribute.

Hell I remember you flipping out over someone distributing a GPL licensed binary you compiled, you have no room to talk here.

You like to cause problems with any AndIRC related project (time and time again), you have issues with us it is very clear, but I'm going to ask you nicely to just go away. If you don't like how we handle our projects, go create your own instead of complaining.
    :cool:

Every instance so far where someone has had this issue AND succeeded seems to require AT LEAST wiping data, but sometimes as much as an RUU flash to stock, and at worst, a complete RUU, re-lock, and start from scratch as if the phone was fresh out of the box.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Why do you people keep insisting this? Because the OP "demanded" that nobody do it? That won't hold water and so far I can't see any reason a one-click can't be made. It might not be safe and since only the noobs would "need" it, it's likely a bad idea, but there are those like myself who will often create such scripts because they end up being useful for any number of reasons and I'll be damned if someone things that in an OPEN DEVELOPMENT community, that something like a SCRIPT won't be released because someone said so.

Your reply to this person is offensive on so many levels. You could at least take time to explain yourself (or link to such an explanation).
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Now that you guys have S-OFF, you can use my RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer!
    Just have someone make a plugin for the HTC One <insert model here> and then customize away!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1786498
    ATTN: If you are on a DNA, PLEASE WAIT BEFORE ATTEMPTING!!

Something is not right, the method is not working regardless of if you took the OTA or not.
    Beanups will need to look into this.

It does work, just because you didn't get it working doesnt mean it doesnt work, please edit you post