[APP][4.0+] Obstructer: Phone Privacy Simplified

Search This thread

SShadowsapps

Dec 7, 2013
www.i-m.co
Everyone knows that feeling when someone asks to use your phone but you're afraid to let them because they can go through everything on it. This is a serious privacy issue within Android; there is no easy way to lend others your phone without them being able to go through it. That's why I created Obstructer, an app for Android that blocks access to your device's content when you let others use your phone. It works by disabling the home button, the recent app screen and the notification bar. This makes everything on your phone inaccessible until you enter a password that opens when the call is ended.

3LiY1LZ.png

pqJrFYm.png

o3KP3NX.png

Full version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mshaw.avanos8.lite
Upgrade version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mshaw.avanos8.adfree

Email: obstructerapp@gmail.com

XDA:DevDB Information
Obstructer, a App for the No Device

Contributors
obstructer, obstructer, mochat9

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.2.3
Stable Release Date: 2014-01-14

Created 2014-01-27
Last Updated 2014-02-17

Random Username

Jan 7, 2013
Hello,

I've tried this app on my Xperia Z1 Compact and I have a few security flaws: The recents button is not disabled and when using Google Keyboard, you can long press the spacebar to get into the settings app. Also, you should probably disable the camera button. The lockscreen is a major security flaw too :/ Oh yeah, and I forgot to add that it shows the Sony dialer when calling a number :)

Regards,
Random

Last edited:
Reactions: SShadowsapps

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai
Mostly works as intended.
The main weakness of this app is that one can easily uninstall the app by going to settings from a insecure lockscreen.
A lock widget will be a great idea.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

SShadowsapps

Dec 7, 2013
www.i-m.co
That's interesting, it has worked on every phone I've tested. Did you set it as the default launcher?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

SShadowsapps

Dec 7, 2013
www.i-m.co
Huh, I never thought of that scenario. I will totally create a widget for this; that's an excellent idea. Thanks!

Reactions: jayc137

seahorsepip

Jan 22, 2012
Can't emergency call be used in these cases too? or does android set a time limit/phone number limit on these calls?

SShadowsapps

Dec 7, 2013
www.i-m.co
Hello,

I've tried this app on my Xperia Z1 Compact and I have a few security flaws: The recents button is not disabled and when using Google Keyboard, you can long press the spacebar to get into the settings app. Also, you should probably disable the camera button. The lockscreen is a major security flaw too :/ Oh yeah, and I forgot to add that it shows the Sony dialer when calling a number :)

Regards,
Random

Did you set it as the default launcher? This is the source of the problem most of the time. Also, it has to use the phone's dialer; there's no way that can be changed unfortunately. The lockscreen issue has been brought to my attention and I will create a default lockscreen to solve this problem.

SystemErrorOne

Jun 7, 2011
Jacksonville
Updated Icon/Banner

Hello OP, I am a graphic designer and I go about helping others creating new Icons or just making their current ones a bit better.

I took the time to edit your current icon and make it look a bit more detailed. I sure hope you like it if not its fine I do this for fun not a living :fingers-crossed:

Updated Banner:
12572522955_7170739b7c_b.jpg

Updated Icon:
12572629913_694a9b4e17_n.jpg

On the new icon I could not fix the way the top two icons look a bit darker than the bottom ones.. I may have to redo this process.

But it sure does look better than before IMO :good:

Also if you need anything else just let me know. I can edit and email it to you whenever.

SShadowsapps

Dec 7, 2013
www.i-m.co
Hello OP, I am a graphic designer and I go about helping others creating new Icons or just making their current ones a bit better.

I took the time to edit your current icon and make it look a bit more detailed. I sure hope you like it if not its fine I do this for fun not a living :fingers-crossed:

Updated Banner:
12572522955_7170739b7c_b.jpg

Updated Icon:
12572629913_694a9b4e17_n.jpg

On the new icon I could not fix the way the top two icons look a bit darker than the bottom ones.. I may have to redo this process.

But it sure does look better than before IMO :good:

Also if you need anything else just let me know. I can edit and email it to you whenever.

Eh, I love the new icons you made. The thing is, the "x" was designed to show how the app blocks your access, which is why it looks squared off. Plus I really don't like flat icons. Make the red darker, give it a more 3D look, make a squared "x" and I'll consider it.

Last edited:

user_academy

Feb 8, 2014
home button problems

There is a problem on xperia z1. I can exit app by just pressing "home" button (with "backward" button no problems).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everyone knows that feeling when someone asks to use your phone but you're afraid to let them because they can go through everything on it. This is a serious privacy issue within Android; there is no easy way to lend others your phone without them being able to go through it. That's why I created Obstructer, an app for Android that blocks access to your device's content when you let others use your phone. It works by disabling the home button, the recent app screen and the notification bar. This makes everything on your phone inaccessible until you enter a password that opens when the call is ended.

3LiY1LZ.png

pqJrFYm.png

o3KP3NX.png

Full version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mshaw.avanos8.lite
    Upgrade version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mshaw.avanos8.adfree

Email: obstructerapp@gmail.com

XDA:DevDB Information
    Obstructer, a App for the No Device

Contributors
    obstructer, obstructer, mochat9

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.2.3
    Stable Release Date: 2014-01-14

Created 2014-01-27
    Last Updated 2014-02-17
    This is pretty good. Could you please upload the apk to your OP so that people without Play Store access can download it as well? Thanks.
    Hello,

Regards,
    Random
    Mostly works as intended.
    The main weakness of this app is that one can easily uninstall the app by going to settings from a insecure lockscreen.
    A lock widget will be a great idea.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    Huh, I never thought of that scenario. I will totally create a widget for this; that's an excellent idea. Thanks!