[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [t0lte]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [t0lte] » Feb 6

Bluetooth in call is messed up, and probably will be for a while, until Entropy or codeworkx decide to take a look at it. Its messed up, with no insight to being fixed.

1. Source is already published in the OP. Second or third paragraph.
2. Just because a dev locks the thread that means everyone must know details? Let's just say there is no more *team liquid*, Things happen.

The Carbon group has more knowledgeable people involved than liquid.

If you don't need in call Bluetooth, flash. It will see updates. If you need in call Bluetooth ALL AOSP ROMs will have the same issue.

I liked Liquid Smooth, still running it a week, with uNEAK kernel, excellent battery life. Was disappointed to see the ROM abandoned. But this new Carbon team, sounds even better, and I am excited to see it's progress. As long as timely updates keep coming, I will stick with it.

Can we use uNEAK kernel on this version ?

Yeah, that sucks about all CM10.1 ROM's plagued with the Bluetooth call issue, that's a major thing needing fixed ASAP, but in time I am sure it will be, hopefully.

Thank you

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

bofhemeritus

Feb 19, 2011
This is the opposite of abandonware, its a VERY rigoruous continuation and overhaul of the previous project. I have spent ~60 hours or so working on this in the last week so flash and see for yourself...we plan on putting out updates far more frequently than the previous team did..

I an absolutely appreciate and agree with that, and I noticed that you did at least the kernel in Liquid. And, this isn't a reflection on anyone at all, you just have to understand that I noticed a shiny new ROM from the OP - the same OP that had his previous posted ROM locked without a single word in the post as to why. That was my only concern.

I'll give it a shot, thanks for all of the quality hard work, mate.

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor

I liked Liquid Smooth, still running it a week, with uNEAK kernel, excellent battery life. Was disappointed to see the ROM abandoned. But this new Carbon team, sounds even better, and I am excited to see it's progress. As long as timely updates keep coming, I will stick with it.

Yeah, that sucks about all CM10.1 ROM's plagued with the Bluetooth call issue, that's a major thing needing fixed ASAP, but in time I am sure it will be, hopefully.

Thank you

Sure can, just be sure to select and flash the correct one, since you've already been running it, flash the same zip.

However the included kernel has some nice features...

Does speaker phone echo still in this ROM too?

Thanks

My guess is yes, i do not see any commits related to this issue.

I an absolutely appreciate and agree with that, and I noticed that you did at least the kernel in Liquid. And, this isn't a reflection on anyone at all, you just have to understand that I noticed a shiny new ROM from the OP - the same OP that had his previous posted ROM locked without a single word in the post as to why. That was my only concern.

Understandable. But things happen, however I won't go into detail, as this is not the time or place.

But nocoast and team carbon have spent a lot of time on this. Aside from a few small issues. Its a strong build.

Reactions: bofhemeritus

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ

All I can say is we get these Custom Roms for free, without any strings attached, and we can only be thankful, (and donate if we want)that we get them for as long as we do. If the dev quits/leaves/dropsout/or pulls his/her rom, its not our place to whine or complain about it, just be glad for what you had for the time you had it..

I just don't understand why folks think that the kind Dev's that are so generous in sharing these jewels with us, owe ANY of us ANY explanation, assistance, trouble shooting help, or any sort of support with their work.....If they answer questions, or fufill requests, that's all wonderful, but to EXPECT anything from them is just being selfish and annoys the hell out of ALL Developers..

spawn50ak49

Feb 12, 2011
I like running in 240 dpi. any plans on moving the search bar in the phone.apk to the bottom in the call log and contacts screens or any mod that any one knows about. It's fine in 320 dpi. I don't like running in 320 dpi. It's more of an annoyance then anything else. I like this ROM and being able to pack it into such a small zip is great :)

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca

Ooooh. Something new. Thanks for this!

Sent from my i317 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

nocoast

Sep 10, 2011
Chicago

You noticed wrong, I was the second (arguably the first but we wont go there) most active contributor to LiquidRom...I actually havent touched anything related to kernel work with some very small exceptions. Liquid and i made liquid rom grow into the beast that you knew it as...and i was doing a lot more than 'at least the kernel' (at least? what does that mean) Go look at the git history and you can see how much work i did @liquidsmooth

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.

I like running in 240 dpi. any plans on moving the search bar in the phone.apk to the bottom in the call log and contacts screens or any mod that any one knows about. It's fine in 320 dpi. I don't like running in 320 dpi. It's more of an annoyance then anything else. I like this ROM and being able to pack it into such a small zip is great :)

That would be a nice feature. 320 DPI blows on this phone. I am running 280 now on old Liquid ROM. just tweaked a setting using root explorer :)

BoOsT

Jan 6, 2008
Southeast Missouri

Yay a new ROM lol I know this will be good!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Awesome ROM

I am very impressed with this ROM - I like many others wish there was a solution for Blue Tooth calls - and wish there was even a work around of some kind - until then - I go back and forth between nandroids of my favorite CM10 Roms and TW ROMS - CarbonROM is now at the top of my list - looking forward to future updates. Thanks for all your hard work and efforts.

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota

Question are you going to give liquidsmooth or anyone else credits for there work in this ROM, and just so everyone knows liquidsmooth isn't dead, rc1 is in testing now. The thread was locked because the ex team member locked them. We will open new threads when rc 1 is out.

Sent from my CM10.1 T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2

dorkboy69

Aug 17, 2010
Wisconsin

Everything running smooth so far. ROM is smooth like butter.
Question about the build prop showing GT-N7105.
If I change it to I317 will it change being recognized in goo manager?

bofhemeritus

Feb 19, 2011
All I can say is we get these Custom Roms for free, without any strings attached, and we can only be thankful, (and donate if we want)that we get them for as long as we do. If the dev quits/leaves/dropsout/or pulls his/her rom, its not our place to whine or complain about it, just be glad for what you had for the time you had it..

I just don't understand why folks think that the kind Dev's that are so generous in sharing these jewels with us, owe ANY of us ANY explanation, assistance, trouble shooting help, or any sort of support with their work.....If they answer questions, or fufill requests, that's all wonderful, but to EXPECT anything from them is just being selfish and annoys the hell out of ALL Developers..

Ok, this is the last post from me about this, as it's not polite to feed the trolls usually. I've never said or insinuated that I expected anything out of anyone. I simply asked whether or not this was going to be another situation like LiquidRom in which the OP mysteriously had the thread closed with no explanation at all. I can certainly understand pulling a rom, but to pull one that's being quite actively used without a single word, and then immediately post another one from another team - again, without a single word? A bit odd.

That said, if you actually re-read my post, I thanked them for all of their hard, quality work. I think that both this AND liquidrom are awesome, each having their own merits. I seriously had no intentions of starting anything, or annoying anyone. I develop for a major corporation and nothing bothers me more than having people bug me for ETAs, or code completion. It was a friendly, "Hey - what about this?"

All that said, I apologize if what I said was misconstrued as impatience or whatever - I'm here to try to help out in any way that I can. If that's donating for a beer, so be it. If you need someone with access to a decompiler, so be it. I asked about source, because, well... this is an open source project, and just maybe - someone out there in the public (me?) has something to contribute.

Anyway, I'm done.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Question are you going to give liquidsmooth or anyone else credits for there work in this ROM, and just so everyone knows liquidsmooth isn't dead, rc1 is in testing now. The thread was locked because the ex team member locked them. We will open new threads when rc 1 is out.

Sent from my CM10.1 T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2

This is EXACTLY why I asked what I did...

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

You noticed wrong, I was the second (arguably the first but we wont go there) most active contributor to LiquidRom...I actually havent touched anything related to kernel work with some very small exceptions. Liquid and i made liquid rom grow into the beast that you knew it as...and i was doing a lot more than 'at least the kernel' (at least? what does that mean) Go look at the git history and you can see how much work i did @liquidsmooth

Ahh, my apologies - I just noticed your name in the kernel build string. This wasn't an attempt at all to belittle what you've done - again, sorry for the confusion. I'd love to get my hands on an actual, operating, working, buildable set of source, just to play with. I spent about a week setting up an environment and carefully mirroring the CM10.1 git, only to repeated have the compile fail for what seemed to be stupid reasons. I seriously wish I had you guys' talents. I'm just a lowly PHP guy with "experience" in C. What I know about C++, you could inscribe on the head of a pin and have room left.

Anyway, please accept my apologies for pissing you guys off - that wasn't my intent at all.

Last edited:
X

xtechx

not getting 4g lte on this. and yes im in an lte area. i also keep losing data connectivity

It looks like I'm losing data but its still working the icon just disappears.

By default it says its gsm/wcdma only in mobile networks area. Not sure if the toggle works or not, but there is one with lte there. Otherwise there is a service code to force it but I don't recall what that is off the top of my head.. if I was in a LTE area I would test one of these methods....

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
Princeton TX
Google Pixel Fold

Going to try this out! Thanks for the hard work! ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

OK first impressions are:

KB is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!! :D

ROM is very smooth and fast! Great job. This is really awesome!

I am already missing the "Fav Contact" from Quick settings that is in other ROMs. :(

Love how the settings is laid out! Quick access to everything no need to search deep for settings!

Many thanks to the team behind this! Well done! Well done! :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Reactions: Famos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Adding t0lteatt to jb3 manifest tonight. You guys should have a 4.3 build tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Bluetooth in call is messed up, and probably will be for a while, until Entropy or codeworkx decide to take a look at it. Its messed up, with no insight to being fixed.

2. Just because a dev locks the thread that means everyone must know details? Let's just say there is no more *team liquid*, Things happen.

If you don't need in call Bluetooth, flash. It will see updates. If you need in call Bluetooth ALL AOSP ROMs will have the same issue.

Thank you

Sure can, just be sure to select and flash the correct one, since you've already been running it, flash the same zip.

However the included kernel has some nice features...

My guess is yes, i do not see any commits related to this issue.

Understandable. But things happen, however I won't go into detail, as this is not the time or place.

But nocoast and team carbon have spent a lot of time on this. Aside from a few small issues. Its a strong build.

Wait what?

Please stop. I love u all and got no beef with anyone .

But
    1. Liquid smooth is alive and kicking

2. The split gave birth to a new team (carbon)and the better for the community
    3. liquid threads should have been handed back to liquid instead they all got locked.. users are the ones paying the price for this but liquid team ain't to blame for that...

I won't go into details of who was handling what and how it went down...

But one sure thing "split" occurred and hopefully the android community as a whole will profit from it.

4 . more to come from liquid that's for sure..

https://github.com/LiquidSmooth

Nugh said.. No need for more details .

Now let s group hug and move on.

Not to seem at all ungrateful, but - several people have asked without response about the status of Bluetooth in-call audio, with no response from the developer. Before I flash this and begin testing, I have two questions:

[rant]
    1 - Is there source available for this build, and will it be shared?
    2 - Is this going to be turned into abandonware, as the previous LiquidROM instance appears to have been. It's not been updated since 01/26, and the thread was recently locked without any details from the OP. If I'm going to flash something, I'd like to be at least certain that someone's going to be available to work with me (and others) on fixing the release and that this isn't just going to be dropped when something more interesting comes along.
    [/rant]

That said, I'd be more than happy to help out with this, as it looks exciting.

Hey everybody! So we decided to make an actual CarbonDev account and post useful information about the rom through this account instead of our personal accounts, you know, so we seem professional and whatnot.We are also in the process of changing the OP's to this account so they don't say 1.6 anymore lol. We have contacted xda and are waiting for that to get done, all in good time. We hope this change will make everything a bit easier for you, our precious users, but also for us in a logistical sense. We try to do everything possible to make Carbon user friendly and to meet the needs of the majority and hopefully this will help us maintain that goal. Anyways, back to work! Peace.