[Q] Any ideas on how to remove the AT&T logo from Motomaker Moto X?

Search This thread

samarth1

Dec 17, 2008
Stamford, CT
The AT&T logo, although the least offensive of all carrier logos (since it doesn't actually make any mention of AT&T), is still a nuisance that spoils the backside of the beautiful customized Moto X from MotoMaker. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove this? It is silkscreened, and not etched, which has me believing that there could be a way to safely remove this without cosmetically affecting the backside.

I remember on my Atrix 4G back in the day (seems eons ago), all you had to do was take a coin and lightly scratch off the AT&T logo on the back, and it would come off as if scratching a lottery ticket. I don't want to take any such risks with my Moto X before hearing your guys' thoughts on this.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
It looks like there's a carrier XML file in system ui so until we get a custom ROM the carrier label will remain

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rman18

Nov 18, 2010
The AT&T logo, although the least offensive of all carrier logos (since it doesn't actually make any mention of AT&T), is still a nuisance that spoils the backside of the beautiful customized Moto X from MotoMaker. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove this? It is silkscreened, and not etched, which has me believing that there could be a way to safely remove this without cosmetically affecting the backside.

I remember on my Atrix 4G back in the day (seems eons ago), all you had to do was take a coin and lightly scratch off the AT&T logo on the back, and it would come off as if scratching a lottery ticket. I don't want to take any such risks with my Moto X before hearing your guys' thoughts on this.

Would like to know this for Verizon's logo as well... seems like it should be easy, but I don't want to be the guinea pig.

Infekxion

Jun 7, 2011
O'Fallon
I used 91% Isopropyl alcohol and some q-tips, you will end up with a shadow logo in certain light angles.

Attachments

• 20130906_210109.jpg
    20130906_210109.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 20130906_210141.jpg
    20130906_210141.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 1,616
Reactions: samarth1

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Just noticed that my moto x was assembled in China, could it be the moto x ' assembled in China have the non encrypted bootloader ? I was able to unlock my bootloader

Sent On my Rooted Moto X

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
You're on Rogers, only ATT and VZW branded devices are not unlockable

Sent from my Motorola Ghost

Yes, I'm already rooted, why the two different assembly locations? I also assume the firmware is installed during the assembly, does this mean the Chinese assembled unit has a non encrypted bootloader while the units assembled in the US obliviously are encrypted?

Sent On my Rooted Moto X

sleepyguy007

Nov 15, 2010
Yes, I'm already rooted, why the two different assembly locations? I also assume the firmware is installed during the assembly, does this mean the Chinese assembled unit has a non encrypted bootloader while the units assembled in the US obliviously are encrypted?

Sent On my Rooted Moto X

The america units are made here because of motomaker.

Sprint , us cellular and t mobile units are made in USA and can have bootloader unlock so not necessarily true.

The software images for all the us ones the background is the red white and blue "wood" too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used 91% Isopropyl alcohol and some q-tips, you will end up with a shadow logo in certain light angles.