[ROM][KANG] CherryKANG 0.9.4 1512max 384min [CM9] synced [11/04] Now supports goo.im!

Search This thread

Peekay_Subbu

Nov 1, 2011
Random Reboots

While I keep the touchpad charging over night, it restarts and goes into WebOS automatically... Any one has this issue?

Also, some of the video files doesnt play. Any recommendations.

epicstar1

Jan 19, 2011
Is there any way for things like adobe reader to work? I tried changing the build prop and brought back my dpi to 160 and doesn't work....

szteto

Nov 5, 2010
Victoria
the little bug is just a .gif image

as for cherrykang version im using 0.92, and if anybody has tried xenon i wanted to know comparisons to bricked cuz i see quite a bit of lag on this ROM, not too sure if its the kernel so i'm narrowing down problems

I am currently running it, and it is very speedy. The wifi driver is much more stable. No issues decoding HD video (tested Netflix, Youtube, and 720p streams on twitch.tv. The internet is slow at my work, I'll give 1080p a try when I get home) and Dungeon Defender runs smoothly on high graphics settings.

On the other hand, I seem to be having an issue independent of the which kernel I use. My touchpad SoD's regardless of kernel, cpu govenor, or minimum clock. I'll see if it's a problem with my build tonight (again, slow work internet) I seem to be on build 0.9.3. Hopefully 0.9.4 will be better. Anyone else have any other suggestions for me to try?

EDIT: It appears that the issue was one of incompatibility with Xenon and 0.9.3. Works perfectly on 0.9.4. As for the Xenon kernel on the latest cherryKang, wifi seems to be broken for me, and while the stock kernel works just fine, the UI seems a bit sluggish to me (possibly just placebo :p), so I upped the clock to 1.78 gHz and I saw a noticeable improvement (Again, might be placebo).

Last edited:

darksoul21

Jul 27, 2008
Charging issue

Even while plugged in it will not turn off the screen. And if you don't shut the screen the battery will discharge. Then it will cycle from the lock screen and dead battery charge screen forever, unless you intervene at the boot-loader screen when it actually appears.

nitrobg

Sep 3, 2011
While I keep the touchpad charging over night, it restarts and goes into WebOS automatically... Any one has this issue?

Also, some of the video files doesnt play. Any recommendations.

Edit /boot/moboot.default and change it to CyanogenMod.
At least it will reboot into CM9 instead of WebOS.

Rolfsted

Sep 28, 2011
Illinois
I just watched reverend Kyle's video on twrp. Not sure if I know how to post a link here. It was very interesting and I d/loaded goo manager app and twrp. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OA0S275XO3U

It will really help with updating roms and cherrykang is one of the roms that is listed.

Phil has a job and kids......need we say more?

Get goo manager and you can flash at ease.....so if Phil can't satisfy your flash cravings, you can flash multiple roms to keep yourself busy. Just watching revtv video will take up 22 minutes.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using XDA

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
Is this the end of CherryKang?

Will there be more effort put into this awesome ROM, or are we waiting on official ICS sources? or something else?

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!

chicle_11

Jan 24, 2011
Miami, Florida
He's been working long hours, leaving him little time for cherry Kang. I eagerly await his next release. It hasn't been that inactive.......... :rolleyes:

Hey guys, cut him a little slack.... He'll be back as soon as he can. I, for one, am using the unofficial nightlies till cherry is back. Remember, this is low on the totem pole of the op's priorities. He does this for fun, and all the *****ing is really not helping any.

Ben, take you time and come back when/if you can. Thanks for all your efforts and hard work on this, in my opinion, the best touchpad rom around.

Rolfsted

Sep 28, 2011
Illinois
This is how it goes for a lot of developers who, for the most part, work alone on a rom.

If he isn't satisfying you guys addiction then move on. Classic Nerd has a whole team working on that rom.

Or like I posted a page back, download goo manager. Then flash all the roms listed.

Stop asking.....he'll post when he's ready.

Sent from my XT912 using XDA

Reactions: bricky23

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
Not *****ing, just wondering what the community's consensus was.

No need for knicker twisting, or panty knotting....

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
Hey guys, cut him a little slack.... He'll be back as soon as he can. I, for one, am using the unofficial nightlies till cherry is back. Remember, this is low on the totem pole of the op's priorities. He does this for fun, and all the *****ing is really not helping any.

Ben, take you time and come back when/if you can. Thanks for all your efforts and hard work on this, in my opinion, the best touchpad rom around.

Haven't seen anyone giving him any grief. I'm just stating the obvious. Don't worry, I'm having a ball with the official CM nightlies.

philicibine

Hello guys... Long time no see!

I feel i should update you all.. And im sorry but its not great news i bring.

I am now coming into my busy period with work.. And i foresee me having less and less time for funsies with this. I posted this rom to start with on advice from a mate on twitter. And even tho im a complete n00b.. You have all been incredibly supportive and i have not seen one example of the flaming that these forums can sometimes be famous for.

For this alone.. I thank you all. XDA has been a pleasure to post on.

Unfortunatley tho.. Like i say.. I have less and less time now. I have my own business to put my effort into.. Along with being a dad and husband.

My main point with this thread.. Was to show all you aspiring rom chefs. That the material u need to learn is easily available on the net. The awesome devs that create these roms, are also pretty great at providing documentation too. Cyanogenmod is an awesome place to start for that very reason.

<b>All credits for everything here go to the original devs of cyanogenmod. And the people that created the wallpapers and boot animations i used ;)

I am grateful to you all for your support... At most i can offer a quick build once in a while. but i make no promises.

Thankyou for your support and being so accomadating ;)</b>

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys..

I just want to say thanks to the cm team for bringing ics to our touchpads. None of the work in this rom is my own.. I have just used the great tutorials and stuff I've picked up before to compile this. All credit to everyone who put work into this!

This rom includes cherry-picks from http://review.cyanogenmod.com such as the fixes below

A wifi fix -- review.cyanogenmod.com (Although some people are reporting wifi issues still. I recommend a full wipe)

I have also compiled my own kernel into this.. which I set the default CPU speed to 1.5ghz and the default governor to ondemand. I also added HAVS support. Although I don't know if we really need it on a tab. Maybe it will help slightly with battery life?

These are settings that I like and normally run. So don't flame me!

I am looking for pointers too.. for what to do next. I would like to add the webOS style recent apps mod next. Also ROMControl would be nice from here .. some pointers on how to include would be helpful. Any help greatly appreciated :)

So.. please remember.. I made this for myself... to teach me something.. someone just said I should post it!All credit goes to the people that contribute to cyanogenmod.

Cheers and enjoy

Buy me a beer if your a fan! Hit donate!

IN THIS BUILD

0.9.4 --- UPLOADING AS WE SPEAK!! Check back in an hour ;)
    Hopefully now has Goo.im app support for ease of updates
    Not much else (synced 11/04)

managed to put this quick one together in the midst of everything.. so not had much chance to test. let me know how it is. :)

DOWNLOADS
    http://goo-inside.me/devs/philicibine/ Thanks for hosting! Loving the download numbers here guys .. thanks for the support ;)
    http://www.cherrykang.mythreed.com/CherryKANG/ Big thanks to @Jedipottsy for this one.

Thanks for all the support from everyone!

Gapps are not included

My antutu benchmarks have been over 6000 btw ;)

Hit the thanks button!

Previous Builds

Now with 4.0.4 inside!!
    New Cyanogenmod boot animation!! I left this in coz it looks cooool :D
    Min CPU clock is 384 (No more SoD's!)
    Synced 31/03
    Lots of new commits so YOU MUST FLASH GAPPS AGAIN!

Min CPU clock is 245 now.
    Synced 10/03
    Lots of new commits so YOU MUST FLASH GAPPS AGAIN!

Synced 08/03
    Netflix and YouTube HD FIXED -- Thanks to wtogami for his cherry-pick script.

Synced 07/03
    Now has stylus input merged
    unsure if netflix works yet (please test) and.. nope! It doesn't :'-(

CherryKANG-Bricked
    AS REQUESTED -- No changes.. just a bricked kernel ;) thanks to show-p1984

At last it works! Lol
    Synced 28/02 should have Netflix - edit - doesn't :(
    Wifi fix
    120 dpi - see post 2 for market fix
    CherryKANG wallpaper - awesome!

0.4.8a
    Kernel rebaked into it. :) should be lots smoother now :)

0.4.4a
    kernel and wifi fixed
    nothing else changed just wanted to get back to a working state

0.4.1a
    re-done kernel as last build compiled with standard cm kernel

0.4a
    Removed 270 degree rotation coz it derped the bootup :-/
    Recompiled the kernel and increased min cpu to 245 (sleep issues)

0.3a First CherryKANG named build! lol =D
    270 degree rotation
    dpi set to 132 (Requires fixed market apk)
    wifi scan interval increased

0.2a
    Novalauncher - hope its OK?!
    Scrolling cache fix - for smoother scrolling in the browser and other apps. (Kanged from aokp github) credits to them
    And a pretty tasty boot animation! From MindSplit - thanks!

Hope you likey
    REMEMBER ... This is now 120 dpi. You will either need to download LCD Density Pro from the market, or see below for a free alternative!

Posted by Hockey4life0099 thanks!

or you can use the free version (or dpi changer) to modify the dpi back to 160

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------
    I wrote this. It looks more complicated than it is cause i broke it down step by step. Ignore my cracked out numbering scheme, i didnt feel like shifting all the numbers down when i added more info.

1. If you dont already have it, download es file explorer
    1b. go to the application settings and clear the data for the market
    1c. download dpi changer and change dpi to 135(dont reboot yet)
    2. go into the options on there and check the root explorer option and the mount option
    3. download to TP
    http://www.sundergaming.com/downloads/tabletmarketdpiunlocked.apk
    4. rename the file Vending.apk
    5. long press to copy the file (in ES file explorer)
    6. click the star in top right corner (favorites)
    7. Choose the phone (/)
    8. navigate to system/app
    9. paste the app
    10. find the app in there called marketupdater.apk or something similar and rename it marketupdater.apk.bak
    11. reboot
    12. see if you can download an app like flash player. If you cant go to next step
    12b. get back to system/app and click the Vending.apk and let it install.

You can mess around with the dpi if you want, but also remember that if the text is small, you can change the default text size in the settings.

The issue i encountered with this method is sometimes the fix stops working, but all you need to do to get the apps to download once again is clear your market data in the application settings. It is obviously much easier to download the app mentioned in the op, but this is for the cheapskates. your only other option is download dpi changer and just switch the dpi back to 160. That is painless but you loose out on some app compatibility and some screen real estate. I myself change the dpi to 138 and change the font size to large. Everything seems to be perfect. Best balance out there IMO.

Do not install CM9 over CM7. Some have gotten away with it and others like yourself run into trouble. Do a clean install, that means running ACMEUninstaller. Here are some instructions I created just for an occasion such as this:

Since the release of CM9, it has become abundantly clear to me that one
    needs to do a clean install of the rom to avoid all the little
    nagging issues that so many folks are reporting. Whether you are
    installing for the first time, upgrading from CM7 or installing
    an update of CM9, one really needs to do a clean install.

Since the advent of the official CM9 nightlies, installing
    the rom and the Gapps files via CWM seems to be much more
    reliable. You still need to wipe the cache and Dalvik cache
    before you reboot after installing any rom. If you run into
    trouble after an install via CWM, then read on.

Those who know how to do it otherwise and are comfortable with that
    feel free to deviate from this document.

For first time installers, you can skip this part. First thing
    you need to do is a nandroid backup of your current install and
    copy it over to your PC for safe keeping. Next you should backup
    your apps using either Titanium Backup or My Backup Root. This will
    allow you to restore all your apps after you are done with this
    update. If the install goes South, you can always restore your
    nandroid backup.

For the first time installers, if you have not already prepared
    your PC for this project, you need to download the following:

1. ACMEInstaller2
    2. ACMEUninstaller
    3. Moboot 0.3.5.zip
    4. ClockworkMod.zip(CWM)
    5. update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha2-fullofbugs.zip
    6. UniversalNovacomInstaller.jar
    7. The latest Gapps.zip

The ACME files, Moboot, CWM and the Alpha2.zip can all be found
    on the OP for Alpha2 at:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/18843-releasealpha2-cyanogenmod-9-touchpad/

The universal novacom installer and Gapps files can be found by doing a Google
    search on the names above and you will find the download page. I found
    the novacom installer here:

http://universal-novacom-installer.googlecode.com/files/UniversalNovacomInstaller.jar

You should download the latest Gapps.zip which
    the last time I checked at the link below was 20120317:

http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps

First thing, open the run box on your PC and browse to the novacomInstaller
    file. This is a Java executable, so treat it just like any .exe file.
    However, since it does not end in .exe, when you browse to find it,
    you will have to tell the browser to show "All Files." Once it is in
    the run box, click on OK and the Novacomd drivers will be installed,
    the Palm,inc folder will be created and the novacom.exe will be placed
    in that folder. Next if the ACME files you downloaded are zips, unzip
    them both into the Palm, Inc folder which you will find in the Program
    files folder. If not zipped, copy both into the Palm, Inc folder. Now
    your PC is prepared for installing CM9, so everything applies to first
    installers and upgraders from this point forward.

First timers boot into WebOS, upgraders can do the same or boot into
    your current install of Android. Connect your TouchPad to your PC
    with the usb cable and open Windows Explorer on your PC. You should
    see either the TouchPad as a drive, or cm_tenderloin if you are already
    running a version of CM9. If you have not already created a cminstall
    folder on your TouchPad do so now. Also create a folder named ICS
    Install.

Next you need to copy Moboot 0.3.5 and ClockworkMod(CWM) into the
    cminstall folder on your TouchPad. Now copy the rom.zip and the
    Gapps.zip file into the folder you created named ICS Install. It's up
    to you which rom and Gapps file you use if you are installing something
    different from what is listed above. If you are copying files to the
    Touchpad drive, you now need to right click the drive letter and eject
    the drive when you are done. If you are copying files to cm_tenderloin,
    you can just close Windows Explorer and both of you disconnect the usb cable.

Upgraders, now you need to run ACMEUninstaller and when it is done, your
    TouchPad will reboot back into WebOS. Now both of you need to reboot while
    holding down up volume to put the TouchPad into WebOS recovery or bootie
    mode. You will know you succeeded if you see a large white usb symbol.

Now plug the usb cable back in and you should hear the PC beep indicating
    the TouchPad is connected. You will not be able to see the TouchPad in
    Windows Explorer, so don't try. On your PC click "RUN" and type in CMD.
    This opens the command window. First timers type in the following in the
    command window:

cd/ and press enter. You will see C:\
    Now type cd program files and press enter. You will see C:\program files
    Now type cd Palm, Inc and press enter. You will see C:\ program files\Palm, Inc

Upgraders, your novacom.exe may be in a different folder, so go browse to that folder.

Both of you enter novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2 in the command window and
    hit enter. After a few seconds, you should see what is fondly called the "Double Penguin" on
    the Touchpad. When the install is done, the TouchPad will boot to Moboot. Tap
    the volume on the TouchPad to stop the 5 second countdown if you see one. Now
    select CWM using the Home button, then Install zip file from SD card and use the
    volume rocker to move down to the ICS Install folder. Select that and move to the
    Alpha2.zip and select that. Start the install. When it is done, use the go back
    selection to go back to the main CWM screen and select reboot.

Once Android is booted up(be patient, it takes a couple of minutes the first time),
    play around with the browser, set up wifi, just to make sure your install was
    successful. Now reboot back to CWM and do the same procedure to install the Gapps.zip
    you copied to the ICS Install folder earlier. You're done with a clean install.

Upgraders, you know what to do, first timers, I hope you have friend around to show
    you the ropes or you own an Android phone and already know the ropes. Good Luck!

P.S. I strongly suggest you make a nandroid backup of your new installation right now.
    First timers, one makes a nandroid backup using CWM. Boot to CWM, select "Backup and
    Restore" and select "Backup".

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium
    hello all. Thanks for all the great feedback. Still in the midst of my two weeks of hard slog.. but as soon as I find the time I'll do a quick sync to bring us up to date. ;)

Breached 1000 downloads on the goo mirror today aswell :-D

For a newb.. I'm amazed!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    Not bad for a first go huh?!

Testament to good tutorials and the power of Google! ;)

#RTFM !!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium
    :(

Any one have a mirror?

Thanks!

Still working for me as of 10:40am. But.... here's a mirror just in case.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q60g82098q1vh16

Gapps v11:
    http://goo.gl/u9s8g

For additional related files and mods, see sprice's thread here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1452324