Search This thread

Oudjat13

Sep 27, 2013
www.forum-generationmobiles.net
[RESOLUTE]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.casio.gshockplus

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Looking for a Dev to help me make it compatible to G-Shock + application with all Android phones.
Indeed, it can only be installed on a S4.

I bought a Casio GB X6900B, but the application is not compatible with my Htc Butterfly S.

Here the application extracted from a S4.

Thank you in advance because it is very very urgent .. ;)

G-Shock application from a S4.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3w1sqxo031av1m8/G-SHOCK+_1.0(0912A).apk

Last edited:

danieldobs

Oct 17, 2013
s4 mini

hi guys, i'm on a s4 mini here. also hanging out for the watch to work..
looks like we need someone who is a developer to port the s4 stuff onto the rest of the phones out there..
anyone that does it, gets a free beer from me :)

Oudjat13

Sep 27, 2013
I update my Htc Butterfly S Android 4.3. Casio is now recognized as the key chain Htc Fetch, that means I can ring the watch via my phone. Things are changing slowly. Developer damage that does not come here.

danieldobs

Oct 17, 2013
I update my Htc Butterfly S Android 4.3. Casio is now recognized as the key chain Htc Fetch, that means I can ring the watch via my phone. Things are changing slowly. Developer damage that does not come here.

this sounds like what actually needs to be done is for casio to write an app that will support most phones.. is it not logical that once they do this, they will sell more of their watch because people with these phones will also want their watch? why are they limiting their own market so much? i don't understand the logic behind it all, because it just sounds like they need to build a simple app that will inject whatever modules and settings any android system (w bt 4.0) can use to pair with this watch..
what's goin' on casio?

the_jako

Apr 2, 2008
Madrid, Spain
I investigated a lot about this in the last days.

Right now the only phone compatible with the watch is Samsung Galaxy S4 that's because util a few months ago it was the only phone with support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Samsung did a few changes in the OS to support it but uses a Samsung API. That situation change when google released Android 4.3 with native support of BLE. Now Android have native support and commond API to connect to BLE devices.

Casio had to update the current application to adapt to the new API because at the end of October Samsung Galaxy S4 will update to Android 4.3 and the current G-Shock application will not work (because it'll use the new Android API).

I guess Casio will take advantage to update the application and make it compatible with all handsets with Android 4.3

I hope I have helped you understand the situation.

danieldobs

Oct 17, 2013
that's good news!

I investigated a lot about this in the last days.

Right now the only phone compatible with the watch is Samsung Galaxy S4 that's because util a few months ago it was the only phone with support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Samsung did a few changes in the OS to support it but uses a Samsung API. That situation change when google released Android 4.3 with native support of BLE. Now Android have native support and commond API to connect to BLE devices.

Casio had to update the current application to adapt to the new API because at the end of October Samsung Galaxy S4 will update to Android 4.3 and the current G-Shock application will not work (because it'll use the new Android API).

I guess Casio will take advantage to update the application and make it compatible with all handsets with Android 4.3

I hope I have helped you understand the situation.

so to summarise what you are saying:

my s4 mini and other peoples phones that run android 4.3 will have no problem working with this watch once casio updates g-shock+ ?

the_jako

Apr 2, 2008
Madrid, Spain
so to summarise what you are saying:

my s4 mini and other peoples phones that run android 4.3 will have no problem working with this watch once casio updates g-shock+ ?

Yes that's right. When Casio update the app it should be compatible with all 4.3 devices... Unless Casio invent some stupid restriction beyond the technical capabilities of the devices.

Would have no much sense since the main interested in making compatible the watches with the maximum number of devices is Casio.

uniquesky

Aug 23, 2013
Taipei
this sounds like what actually needs to be done is for casio to write an app that will support most phones.. is it not logical that once they do this, they will sell more of their watch because people with these phones will also want their watch? why are they limiting their own market so much? i don't understand the logic behind it all, because it just sounds like they need to build a simple app that will inject whatever modules and settings any android system (w bt 4.0) can use to pair with this watch..
what's goin' on casio?

Great info for me. I'm surveying this kind stuff for my phone! Thanks a lot!;)

Oudjat13

Sep 27, 2013
"Bonjour monsieur,

Actuellement seul les smartphones suivants sont supportés:

- iPhone 4S (iOS 5.1.1)
- iPhone 4S (iOS 6)
- iPhone 5
- Samsung Galax S4 (Android 4.22)

Nous ne disposons malhereusement pas d'infromations concernant la prise en charge d'autres OS.

Salutations distinguées"

---------

Casio is very very very bad. :(

Top Liked Posts