How to get 4.4 kikat update official on M919

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sahi2myfriend

Nov 13, 2012
San Bernardino
So I just installed virginrom 4.3 gpe i was on dbomRom4.3 after I set up my phone I automatically got system update download 4.4 kitkat update available and ready to install.that's it hope this works for anyone that wants to install now...:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

Vigz

Sep 16, 2012
So I just installed virginrom 4.3 gpe i was on dbomRom4.3 after I set up my phone I automatically got system update download 4.4 kitkat update available and ready to install.that's it hope this works for anyone that wants to install now...:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

VirginRom as of now is already on 4.4. Perhaps you downloaded an outdated version of it. The 4.4 kitkat update people are awaiting for is the one with TouchWiz.

sahi2myfriend

Nov 13, 2012
San Bernardino
VirginRom as of now is already on 4.4. Perhaps you downloaded an outdated version of it. The 4.4 kitkat update people are awaiting for is the one with TouchWiz.

I know that but their are some out there that want to download 4.4 official for tmobile its not out.i was pointing on how to get it 4 usa tmobile...

Sent from my SGH-M919

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I know that but their are some out there that want to download 4.4 official for tmobile its not out.i was pointing on how to get it 4 usa tmobile...

Sent from my SGH-M919

So you now have VirginROM 4.4.x? Is it the same one that's been available in the Android Development section since like December? Because if so, it's the official 4.4 update and it IS out and has been for a while now.

sahi2myfriend

Nov 13, 2012
San Bernardino
So you now have VirginROM 4.4.x? Is it the same one that's been available in the Android Development section since like December? Because if so, it's the official 4.4 update and it IS out and has been for a while now.

Im talking about official 4.4 ota from Samsung. I was just sharing info for some that ive read around that been wanting the ota.unrooted, unmodded and official. .that was all I was sharing.

Sent from my SGH-M919

Dr. Fed

Apr 23, 2010
Boston Area
Im talking about official 4.4 ota from Samsung. I was just sharing info for some that ive read around that been wanting the ota.unrooted, unmodded and official. .that was all I was sharing.

Sent from my SGH-M919

Pardon the comments which seem like objections, but they are necessary if the content of your post is not exactly accurate. The GPE 4.4.2 has been available for a long time for this device. The official TW 4.4.2 is not available yet. Don't confuse the two. Also, of course the GPE update notification will occur if you're on the older version of Virgin Rom(4.3). But if you have a custom recovery it will fail to install most likely. Also, the title of your post fails to recognize the complexities of going from 4.3 to 4.4 on an older bootloader and having a fully working result.

I think your intentions were nice, but you may end up misleading people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i hope i didn't come off as a jerk, not my intention.