[Q] how can i get zram.ko module

Search This thread

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
i want zam.ko module file.

provide me if i have any link.

What device do you want to use the zram kernel module on? One way is to take the kernel source for your device compile it using the make menuconfig option and enabling under the options. Then when it produces the zram.ko module file you can insmod it on your device. What you could also do is take the zram.ko module from a custom ROM for your device and insmod it from there (Place the module in the /system/lib/modules directory on your device), or try taking the zram.ko module from a custom ROM that supports it that uses the same chipset as your device. Let me know if you still have questions.

kartik verma

Dec 14, 2013
Hamirpur H.P
What device do you want to use the zram kernel module on? One way is to take the kernel source for your device compile it using the make menuconfig option and enabling under the options. Then when it produces the zram.ko module file you can insmod it on your device. What you could also do is take the zram.ko module from a custom ROM for your device and insmod it from there (Place the module in the /system/lib/modules directory on your device), or try taking the zram.ko module from a custom ROM that supports it that uses the same chipset as your device. Let me know if you still have questions.

i have galaxy y duos. is this feature activated in custom kernel. and what is the use of zram

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
i have galaxy y duos. is this feature activated in custom kernel. and what is the use of zram

This will probably be activated in a custom kernel, if not you can compile the kernel source yourself and add it in. Zram is a special form of swapping/paging, I would recommend taking a look at this article for a more in depth technical explanation. Essentially it helps performance and acts as a virtual RAM.

kartik verma

Dec 14, 2013
Hamirpur H.P
This will probably be activated in a custom kernel, if not you can compile the kernel source yourself and add it in. Zram is a special form of swapping/paging, I would recommend taking a look at this article for a more in depth technical explanation. Essentially it helps performance and acts as a virtual RAM.

Oooo. so i need to contact with iduos kernel developer. i m not having any linux os now so i cant edit anything.

thanks for helping

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Oooo. so i need to contact with iduos kernel developer. i m not having any linux os now so i cant edit anything.

thanks for helping

What I would do is first look at the Original Post of the kernel thread and look if it mentions zram as a feature, then if you can't find it post in the thread politely if zram is a supported feature, if that doesn't work politely PM the developer. And no problem always happy to help people out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app