[Q] Micromax Unite 2 - Rooted and Internal SD card

Search This thread

rsenthilkumar

Sep 4, 2012
Hi ,

I really need a help !! I bought the new Micromax Unite 2 A106 and some how with the help of XDA forum i successfully rooted (installed supersu from recovery - i flashed recovery with scatter some method found from the forum). Now i have few questions which really i am dying to know., please help me

I am using 8 GB SD card (Class 4)., partitioned as 1st partion FAT32 ~4GB and 2nd partion as EXT4 ~4GB

Questions:
1. From settings -> storage, my mobile is showing.
1.1 Internal Memory ( Total: 1.89 GB out which i almost used every thing)
1.2 External SD card (Total: ~4 GB)
1.3 Internal SD card (Total 1.97 GB out of which nothing is used)

My EXT4 memory is not show., But in Link2SD Storage-info it is show (also mounted some were on /data/sdxta2)

With out help of Link2SD, Before installing apps... In settings -> storage i selected "Internal SD" as default installation location. Tried to install many apps nothing goes into Internal SD memory (Total 1.97 still seems to be free) which is accessible from file explorer.

With help of Link2SD, created a mount script in EXT4 partion... After reboot Link2SD didn't give any error for mount script., In Link2SD created "link" for apps and it asks for a reboot.. after reboot., the app is not show in android., but i can see they have been linked /data/sdxta2.

I don't understand why linking apps disapper and why can't i use that Internal SD memory of ~ 1.97 GB for apps installation.

Thanks a ton guys !!! your help will save my Unite 2 & Me :D

chikkiarce

Aug 3, 2014
suggestion

Hi ,

I really need a help !! I bought the new Micromax Unite 2 A106 and some how with the help of XDA forum i successfully rooted (installed supersu from recovery - i flashed recovery with scatter some method found from the forum). Now i have few questions which really i am dying to know., please help me

I am using 8 GB SD card (Class 4)., partitioned as 1st partion FAT32 ~4GB and 2nd partion as EXT4 ~4GB

Questions:
1. From settings -> storage, my mobile is showing.
1.1 Internal Memory ( Total: 1.89 GB out which i almost used every thing)
1.2 External SD card (Total: ~4 GB)
1.3 Internal SD card (Total 1.97 GB out of which nothing is used)

My EXT4 memory is not show., But in Link2SD Storage-info it is show (also mounted some were on /data/sdxta2)

With out help of Link2SD, Before installing apps... In settings -> storage i selected "Internal SD" as default installation location. Tried to install many apps nothing goes into Internal SD memory (Total 1.97 still seems to be free) which is accessible from file explorer.

With help of Link2SD, created a mount script in EXT4 partion... After reboot Link2SD didn't give any error for mount script., In Link2SD created "link" for apps and it asks for a reboot.. after reboot., the app is not show in android., but i can see they have been linked /data/sdxta2.

I don't understand why linking apps disapper and why can't i use that Internal SD memory of ~ 1.97 GB for apps installation.

Thanks a ton guys !!! your help will save my Unite 2 & Me :D

dear frd,
i have got the same problm successfully rooted with ctr recovery but whn i tried for link2sd i had lots of problms many times i reformated my 32gb card its little bit risky too who knws what will happen after any step :D after making and trying all typs of ext 2 3 and 4 also fat32 partition the second one i found the same thing after asking permission for second partition n reboot it disappears all installed/linked apps so if u r unable to get them plz go for the remount option of the link2sd settings that is the 1st one which will manually ask to link again second partition just select fat32/fat optn it will again suggest to reboot after that u will get all ur apps back that u have installed and u can make them systm app / even uninstalling the many unwanted apps. strictly i m saying u that plz dont make any risky action like trying apps from chinese link even if it is available in english it i.e mtk partition typ app dont remembr the name was ok it will make ur android in boot u cant do anythg after that u will only go for service center they will make just update ur fon and it will be fine but plz dont try risks wipe/factory reset can make cache/recovery unvailable to mount fon will not start and error to mount ex sd too....huh final words to say i hve read that kitkat doesnt support link2 extrnl sd service so w8 for other developers to make change and untill that try above 1st 3 lines only i will help many other hope its helpful for u developers thanks for initiating and working on micromax unite 2

note=after linking to fat32/fat secound partition by the remount link option in link2sd app u will be able to make/move system app to internal sd too or u can make it for external microsd card,along it uninstall unwanted apps n make some visual affects by making launcher n docks converted to system app and can remove the default launcher too i m using galaxy s5 launcher/docks and remember dont try if what u dont meant so for uninstalling

again thanks you,developer
Be sure what u doing it may brick ur fon coz warrenty voids after root u already knw this.

Last edited:

chikkiarce

Aug 3, 2014
Solved

Hello,developer
i m very happy to say that my struggle made apps to link sd-ext 4 , was nervous performing again recovery flash n root too after updating my mmx unite 2 From service center Thn i installed link2sd app having 2;partition on mh 32gb m sd card. I made 2gb sd-ext by formatting same method of using tool mini partition on pc with card reader and rest is Fat32 Partition whixh is the 1st part both r made primary type so started with link2sd 1st i allowed ext4 Permission by superuser than rebooted the fon as it suggested thn uncheckd settings making installation to automatic storage mode thn i installed apps simply n moved towards settings changed it to external storage location from automatic and just started to click on app n clicked for link i have pro version it made all dalvic cache along with data n apps library to sd-ext n rebooted. Thn i found the apps were..disappear and thn from the remount option tht i suggested before,checkd for fat32/fat optn before rebooting checkd all library settings too n rebooted n apps were visible this tym, storage info was showing sd-ext is not mounted again from remount links library optn from link 2 sd checked this tym for ext 4 Type partition n rebooted. Aftr tht mounted 2nd partition was
showing used storage i.e apps got linked to ext-sd n now i have More thn 2gb intrnl memory hope it will help u :) ;)
thank u