[Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

Search This thread

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
But it is an .exe right? That would be hard to decompile. And if you were to change it and recompile successfully, then you might get a few testers willing to try the exploit.

Sent from my Sense 4.0 Glacier using XDA Premium

Exactly. Although i didn't mean edit their package, i meant edit your build.prop (which you should not do to run this exploit you will likely get bricked). Obviously lazypanda would need to be updated by the guys at unlimited.io for true One S support.

Last edited:

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier
Exactly. Although i didn't mean edit their package, i meant edit your build.prop (which you should not do to run this exploit you will likely get bricked). Obviously lazypanda would need to be updated by the guys at unlimited.io for true One S support.

Oh my bad. No way I'd try it. I'm 14 and paid for this $600 phone for myself, and no way I will S-OFF until an official one comes. Sorry, I can't test anything :eek:

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
I've noticed on Revolutionary's website they have the Incredible S, HBOOT 1.09.0000. My One S is also 1.09.0000, will it work with a bit of editing?

Edit: Will SuperOneClick work? It worked on my Wildfire, and a number of other devices like the Sensation.

Last edited:

gemarcano

May 22, 2012
Worcester
O ye of little faith!

I'll go check on the One X forums to see if they have any progress. I know the HOX has a different CPU, but perhaps an exploit there might be similar to what's required for HOS.

Anyhow, if posible I'd like to help, but I'm not familiar with SOff exploits. Is there anywhere with some information on general points to understand before seeking the actual exploit? I program, so I'm not afraid of technical documentation.

Reactions: Super_Dork_42

mteezey

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit
Doubt Itll happen

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Oh it will happen. It's just a matter of time. I haven't had any time to research any of this stuff for our phones. And this being my first gsm device is a little bit of a change. But from what I can see t mobile has a smaller dev community than say sprint. Hence why the ltevo already has s off. I havent looked at what they used for that exploit yet. But with both phones running s4 chips I would guess they have a lot of similaraties other than the obvious(radio). But like stated above watching progress on the x is gonna be key. Especially if the atat version gets it since its a GSM phone and has the s4 chip as well. Once some people start letting used hos go cheaper I'm sure a lot more devs will get there hands on them. I haven't had an HTC phone yet that hasn't gotten s-off it just takes time.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier
Oh it will happen. It's just a matter of time. I haven't had any time to research any of this stuff for our phones. And this being my first gsm device is a little bit of a change. But from what I can see t mobile has a smaller dev community than say sprint. Hence why the ltevo already has s off. I havent looked at what they used for that exploit yet. But with both phones running s4 chips I would guess they have a lot of similaraties other than the obvious(radio). But like stated above watching progress on the x is gonna be key. Especially if the atat version gets it since its a GSM phone and has the s4 chip as well. Once some people start letting used hos go cheaper I'm sure a lot more devs will get there hands on them. I haven't had an HTC phone yet that hasn't gotten s-off it just takes time.

+1. It will definitely take a couple of weeks, if not months. I will happen, it's just a matter of when.

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
i think were just gonna have to wait for team rev.. they pulled it off on a number of cdma and gsm devices before so thats where my faith resides

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

An idea of what we are up against..

I read the One X S/Off thread pretty much all 300 pages of it and some great work has been done. It's a real pity HTC have taken this approach but we are only a small element of the customer base.

It's also symptomatic of a wider trend with smartphones and tablets (imho) Google and HTC have started to release hardware that is NOT designed for dev/modding the 1st thing to go has been sd cards.

The fact is content is where the money is for them, they are making (in Googles case) around what $15/20 on Hardware so the fact that it's becoming harder to 'own' your device is no suprise.

I understand that HTC have really upped the stakes with the One X and I would suggest it's not going to be any time soon that S/Off arrives.

For a good overview of the sorts of things that are being impleented (agreed different hardware but principles are the same):

Platform Security Architecture
— High-Assurance Boot (HAB)
— Security Controller (SCC) including chip unique secret key
— Run Time Integrity Checker (RTIC)
— Memory Management Unit (MMU)
Chip-unique identification number
Random Number Generator Accelerator (RNGA)
Secure JTAG Controller (SJC)
Physical tamper detection
Public Key, symmetric ciphers, and hash cryptography elements implemented in software

http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/white_paper/IMX31SECURITYWP.pdf

http://androidroot.mobi/technical/tf-secure-boot-key/

Last edited:

TramainM

Dec 30, 2011
I just saw the evo 4G LTE has gotten s-off. Would that be of help to us?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

mteezey

Oct 24, 2011
Detroit
I just saw the evo 4G LTE has gotten s-off. Would that be of help to us?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

Not exactly because the evo has a removable memory card which helps in part of the process. Since in our case there is a part of the commands that we can't get past due to there being power to the sd card. Yes someone with knowledge of how to read the scripts used for them could be useful. So certain aspects yes and others no.

JDenson77

Jun 27, 2008
Meridian
APX?

go into bootloader and fastboot mode on your phone and choose option where it says reboot bootloader and as soon as your screen goes dark hold vol up. If you have your phone plugged in you will see a driver promt. I cant find drivers that work with it.... TO get out of that mode hold power buttun down for about 10 sec and phone will reboot. ACTS like APX mode to me but not sure without working drivers. Has anyone seen this and sorry if you have.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-off is nearly release ready.

I need /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 from a qualcomm s3 variant, and a matching update.zip for each model that support is wanted for.
    Some of you guys are PM'ing me to help with S-OFF for the One S.

Will try to, when I get the One X done.
    Today we had a huge update.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604300

Some of you with a USB Y-Cable should try to flash a .zip through sd-card.
    If that works, and I can modify a DIAG file, also for you S-OFF will come very fast.
    so now we know that s-off is not hardware related. a software is nedded to s-off , att HTC One XL confirmed that it can be s-off with that software, and since the att HTC One XL is almost the same phone as the HTC One S s4, S-off can be achived too.

i hope we get s-off soon but with patience :)
    Well, it's actually been confirmed that all modern HTC devices can use this exploit as long as they are running the S4, S3 or S4 pro processors. This even includes the dna and butterfly and likely the upcoming HTC One a.k.a. the M7. The exploit has not been released yet but has been shown to work, so sit tight and relax. If these devs are smart, and I know they are, they will not release the exploit until the One has been released so HTC cannot patch it.
    I have Riffbox now at home. Will make JIG for it, so until end of next week i could be ready.
    PS: I had S-OFF and tryed to get to S-Diag mode: But phone freezes and reboots into s-off.
    mmcblk0p23: "misc"
    mmcblk0p22: "recovery"
    mmcblk0p21: "boot"
    mmcblk0p33: "system"
    mmcblk0p30: "local"
    mmcblk0p34: "cache"
    mmcblk0p35: "userdata"
    mmcblk0p26: "devlog"
    mmcblk0p28: "pdata"
    mmcblk0p36: "fat"
    mmcblk0p31: "extra"
    mmcblk0p17: "radio"