VIPER4Android Working !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ajaykumar21066

Dec 6, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21+
1. If you have it previously installed , uninstall drivers and reboot, uninstall app and reboot , and then lets start fresh.
2. Uninstall any DSP manager present (using Titanium backup or any system app remover)
3. Install App , dont open it.
4. Move viper from Data\app to System\Priv App, and then reboot.
5. Open Viper , install driver(i use high audio quality) , and reboot

It should be working with all music players with some tweaks.

Power Amp
Poweramp Settings -> Audio -> Advanced Tweaks -> Direct volume control -> Turned off|

Player Pro
Install DSP pack and keep it off,

PM me for IRS samples and profiles that i am using

Enjoy guys, and Hit thanks if it helped you.

sxrmafia

Mar 11, 2011
1. If you have it previously installed , uninstall drivers and reboot, uninstall app and reboot , and then lets start fresh.
2. Uninstall any DSP manager present (using Titanium backup or any system app remover)
3. Install App , dont open it.
4. Move viper from Data\app to System\Priv App, and then reboot.
5. Open Viper , install driver(i use high audio quality) , and reboot

It should be working with all music players with some tweaks.

Power Amp
Poweramp Settings -> Audio -> Advanced Tweaks -> Direct volume control -> Turned off|

Player Pro
Install DSP pack and keep it off,

PM me for IRS samples and profiles that i am using

Enjoy guys, and Hit thanks if it helped you.

Thanks for the solution, can u PM me your settings etc

Teenight

Feb 3, 2014
I installed 2.3.2.0 a long time ago.I enabled extra loud to phone speaker but it didn't work unless i used headphones to listen somethng.Does this issue still exist?

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
When I install it goes in data/app moved to data/app-private, nothing else in there. No go. This and DSP are both buggy on n5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
Nope Still doesnz work for me on poweramp

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It works for me with PowerAmp, but after I plug in my earphones. Until a reboot then I have to plug em in again. Weird I know. I have a G2 though. That might be the difference. You may also have to make the build prop changes as well.

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

When I install it goes in data/app moved to data/app-private, nothing else in there. No go. This and DSP are both buggy on n5.

Rather than trying to install it as a regular app first. Download V4A, the copy and paste it to System/Priv-App. One less step and it really makes no sense to try and install it the normal way first. You may have to reboot for it show in the app drawer. On Mahdi I do. Some ROMs I don't

Last edited:
Reactions: alusine80

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Tried that. Works for phone speaker not for ear buds; unless force stop and start with buds. It works and sounds great, just a lot of button pressing to make it kick in. Purity ROM.

blinde

Jul 12, 2010
Doesn't work here with earphones. I'm using Cataclysm. How ****ing hard can it be to get this work?

AndrasLOHF

Jan 7, 2013
There is already another thread in this section with a lot of information on issues with Viper here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543796

I have attached a zip I made that will automatically install the app in priv-app and set permissions. I have no issues with any usage of Viper on SlimKat ROM. All options work for me on Google Music, Tune In Radio, Youtube and works over wired headphones, bluetooth, and speakerphone. Personally anyone that has already tried installing this and had any issues I would uninstall every aspect of Viper on your phone(both drivers and apk), dirty flash the ROM you're on, then flash the zip, boot up, install drivers, then reboot. If that doesn't help and you're hell bent on trying to get Viper to work I would make a nand, clean install you're ROM, and flash the zip to see if it works as it seems some ROM's have issues with Viper. If it doesn't work just restore the nand.

P.S. also keep in mind that with the apk installed in priv-app you will need to flash the zip at every ROM update and reinstall drivers then reboot on your first boot. You won't lose your settings though unless you wipe data.

Last edited:

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
That's two other threads already why make a third one?!? I posted a long guide with pictures that will get viper4android working for you in one of the most active of the two threads. If you want Viper working especially with poweramp go check it out. It's there so you can read it and setup your viper4android.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Doesn't work here with earphones. I'm using Cataclysm. How ****ing hard can it be to get this work?

Follow my guide in the Viper thread.

Follow my guide in the viper thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is already another thread in this section with a lot of information on issues with Viper here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543796

I have attached a zip I made that will automatically install the app in priv-app and set permissions. I have no issues with any usage of Viper on SlimKat ROM. All options work for me on Google Music, Tune In Radio, Youtube and works over wired headphones, bluetooth, and speakerphone. Personally anyone that has already tried installing this and had any issues I would uninstall every aspect of Viper on your phone(both drivers and apk), dirty flash the ROM you're on, then flash the zip, boot up, install drivers, then reboot. If that doesn't help and you're hell bent on trying to get Viper to work I would make a nand, clean install you're ROM, and flash the zip to see if it works as it seems some ROM's have issues with Viper. If it doesn't work just restore the nand.

P.S. also keep in mind that with the apk installed in priv-app you will need to flash the zip at every ROM update and reinstall drivers then reboot on your first boot. You won't lose your settings though unless you wipe data.

It works for me with PowerAmp, but after I plug in my earphones. Until a reboot then I have to plug em in again. Weird I know. I have a G2 though. That might be the difference. You may also have to make the build prop changes as well.

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

Rather than trying to install it as a regular app first. Download V4A, the copy and paste it to System/Priv-App. One less step and it really makes no sense to try and install it the normal way first. You may have to reboot for it show in the app drawer. On Mahdi I do. Some ROMs I don't
    There you go

Thanks for the solution, can u PM me your settings etc

Added my profile and IRS that i am using

Hit thanks if i helped
    But yet not a single person reported for this duplicate thread to be closed.

Welp, it is nao!!!